Free Agents?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free Agents?

3 guys I really like are Berrian, Suggs, and Hamlin. I really think those three positions are our biggest needs and I think all 3 are realistic options that would be upgrades.

Berrian and Rice starting at WR
    Suggs and Udeze on the ends
    Sharper and Hamlin in the secondary

add some more youth in the draft and we are set :)

All 3? Let's not get ahead of ourselves.

One player I see us getting is Antwan Odom from Tennessee.

http://minnesotasportstwentyfourseven.blogspot.com/

Comment

The only(realistic) F/A I would like to sign is Ken Hamlin, it would take away the need at FS. Than we could focus on getting Derrick Harvey, Vernon Gholston, or a RT in round 1.

Comment

i dont think its THAT unrealistic.

6 million for berrian, 5 or 6 for hamlin and im not sure what the going rate for someone like Suggs is, but with 30 million to work with (not counting resigning a few of our FA) allocating 16-18 million to 3 impact players like that wouldnt be a bad deal at all nor unrealistic. The only thing is, Suggs getting tagged.

Also, Gholston is HIGHLY unrealistic, but definitely a dream, doubt we move up to get him in the draft and he surely wont fall. Harvey isnt a bad option, but for some reason i just dont know if he'll be the best available at that spot, so we'll see

Comment

Originally posted by crazyisme View Post
          i dont think its THAT unrealistic.

6 million for berrian, 5 or 6 for hamlin and im not sure what the going rate for someone like Suggs is, but with 30 million to work with (not counting resigning a few of our FA) allocating 16-18 million to 3 impact players like that wouldnt be a bad deal at all nor unrealistic. The only thing is, Suggs getting tagged.

Also, Gholston is HIGHLY unrealistic, but definitely a dream, doubt we move up to get him in the draft and he surely wont fall. Harvey isnt a bad option, but for some reason i just dont know if he'll be the best available at that spot, so we'll see
          Its Unrealistic because we arent the only team in the NFL. Those are 3 Names that any NFL Fan should know off. At least Berrian. Suggs is a good DE and I just dont think Childress going after him. We really haven't addressed a position with a BIG NAME guy since like Hutchinson. I think at best there we Get Hamlin if he doesnt Re-Signed. I think Berrian gets Tagged. Suggs probably gets a Deal by Ravens or Cardinals.

This FA isnt really that deep with big names and seeing how those 3 names are somewhat big people will go after them. I like what Chris said in the Vikings Thread of going after Hackett or Stallworth (If Cut).

I would love to get Gholston but We would have to move up to atleast 5 or 6. Which I would mean 1st 2nd and A 3rd. Thats alot. Unless we unload players to either Jets or Chiefs or Even Patriots but they really dont need anyone we can ship like Chester or a Safety. So I dont know. We are still Re-building and we need to continue with the Draft and stayin with the Most Picks we can get. I would love to get Gholston but Cant say its going to happen.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure

Comment

I would love it if we could pick up Bryant Johnson. He is very underated and I could realistically see him signing here.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
              I would love it if we could pick up Bryant Johnson. He is very underated and I could realistically see him signing here.
              I agree, he might not be a gamebreaker, but I think he'd but a big upgrade for us.

Comment

Right now anyone of us would be an upgrade for us at wide out. and most of us are viable options at qb

Comment

I'd love for us to go after Faneca, but i know that they won't break the bank for him.

Any interest in Mike Wahle as a RG?

I know that we re-signed Herrara, but i'm not too confident in him.
                  Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
                  Thanks jerks, I have an exam tomorrow and reading this lowered my IQ by 14 points. Dicks.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Dude View Post
                    I'd love for us to go after Faneca, but i know that they won't break the bank for him.

Any interest in Mike Wahle as a RG?

I know that we re-signed Herrara, but i'm not too confident in him.
                    Herrera had a great year at right guard. We signed him to a contract extension. Guard is not an issue right now.

http://minnesotasportstwentyfourseven.blogspot.com/

Comment

I am fine with Herrera playing RG. I think with should focus more on RT. If we went out and signed a great Tackle we would have an unstopable O-Line and by doing that and signing a Byant Johnson and drafting a pass rushing DE and a S in rounds 1 and 2 we would make the playoffs for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by The Dynasty View Post
                        Its Unrealistic because we arent the only team in the NFL. Those are 3 Names that any NFL Fan should know off. At least Berrian. Suggs is a good DE and I just dont think Childress going after him. We really haven't addressed a position with a BIG NAME guy since like Hutchinson. I think at best there we Get Hamlin if he doesnt Re-Signed. I think Berrian gets Tagged. Suggs probably gets a Deal by Ravens or Cardinals.

This FA isnt really that deep with big names and seeing how those 3 names are somewhat big people will go after them. I like what Chris said in the Vikings Thread of going after Hackett or Stallworth (If Cut).

well yeah, im just saying go after them, we have the money, im not guaranteeing that we sign all 3, just that those 3 players are those we should go after because they'd all really help us. And im gonna have a big no thanks on Hackett (can't stay healthy worth a lick) and Stallworthless. Never been a big fan of his, i thought hes always had a bad attitude and has issues with injuries and will be way overpriced for what hes worth (will cost more than berrian for sure) Berrian has done well the last two years with major QB problems, thats why i think he'll fit the bill the best considering we have Jackson as our QB, and he'll compliment Rice great....

Comment

Well we can kiss Suggs Good Bye, Reports saying he gonna be franchised. Which I think Berrian will be also. I just cant see the Bears letting Berrian go.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure

Comment

Sean Locklear is a F/A i wouldn't mind taking a look at him for RT but I doubt Seattle lets him leave.

Comment

Originally posted by The Dynasty View Post
                              Well we can kiss Suggs Good Bye, Reports saying he gonna be franchised. Which I think Berrian will be also. I just cant see the Bears letting Berrian go.
                              yah, ive heard the rumors about suggs, kind of stinks, but these days thats going to happen. Im not so sure on Berrian tho, there were rumors that the bears weren't going to franchise him, not sure why, but hey, and those were only rumors so who knows, im still crossing my fingers that he hits FA because IMO, hes the best WR option out there for us and no one else is all that close.

what about odom too at DE? had a fairly decent year in Tennessee last year with 8 sacks, nothing amazing, but could be very helpfull for us, just another option....

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information