or...

1st round - Chris Williams
    2nd round - Quentin Groves
    3rd round - John Carlson

PM me for sig requests
    Originally posted by Sean Connery
    Suck it Trebek!

Comment

• Both would be awesome and make me very happy.

Comment

• Ferguson talks continue
        March 3rd, 2008 – 10:54 PM by Judd Zulgad

The agent for receiver Robert Ferguson said Monday night that a “couple of teams” have expressed interest in his client but that he remains in discussions with the Vikings about the free agent returning to Minnesota.

“We’re patient,” said Brian Overstreet, who talked to the Vikings on Monday. “The most important thing for us is for [Ferguson] to be able to get somewhere where it’s a good fit for him. That’s the most important thing so he can do his thing. It’s still our feeling that opportunity could happen with the Vikings.”

Overstreet declined to name the other teams that have expressed interest in Ferguson but did say the receiver could visit another team “in the next few days.”

Ferguson, who was signed by the Vikings late in training camp last year after being released by the Green Bay Packers, finished second on the Vikings with 32 receptions. The Vikings signed free agent Bernard Berrian over the weekend and it’s not certain how big of priority the team will put on retaining Ferguson.

Ferguson expressed a desire to return to Minnesota at the end of the regular season. He was one of nine unrestricted free agents on the Vikings roster. Here’s the list:

Mike Doss, safety, unsigned

Spencer Johnson, defensive tackle, signed with Buffalo

Mewelde Moore, running back, signed with Pittsburgh

Tony Richardson, fullback, unsigned (Jets and Rams interested)

Darrion Scott, defensive lineman, unsigned

Dontarrious Thomas, linebacker, signed with San Francisco

Tank Williams, safety, unsigned

Ronyell Whitaker, cornerback, unsigned

Kearse in purple?
        March 3rd, 2008 – 8:55 PM by Judd Zulgad

Well everyone on this blog certainly seems to be jumping on the Jevon Kearse bandwagon. It’s hard to blame Vikings fans considering what remains on the market when it comes to defensive ends. But keep in mind, Kearse is 31 years old and has plenty of miles on his body. Kearse sprained several ligaments in his left knee in Week 2 of the 2006 season and hasn’t been the same since.

That being said, he still might be worth a gamble — provided it’s at a reasonable price.

Coach Brad Childress, who is familiar with Kearse from their days together with the Eagles, certainly didn’t shut the door on signing the veteran during an interview today on KFAN Radio. And there is a good chance the Vikings got a sales pitch on Kearse last weekend.

That would have come from agent Drew Rosenhaus, who also represents Bernard Berrian. You remember, the receiver who just got $16 million in guaranteed cash from the Vikings.

Also, here are the bios for Florida’s Derrick Harvey and Clemson’s Phillip Merling. One of the two could be headed this way in the draft.
        Kearse is Possible...I really dont know what to think about Ferguson..I rather have Jabar.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure

Comment

• yah, odom was GREATLY overpaid, very glad he didnt leave Cinci....

im really hoping odom falls to us, both Cinci and St. Louis paid big bucks to DE's now....hopefully that means the DE's fall and Harvey is there at 17....hes been the best option for us at 17 since day 1, so keep your fingers crossed i guess

Comment

• I'm starting to look at Groves, too, in case Harvey is gone at 17. I will take Groves over Merling and Campbell.

http://minnesotasportstwentyfourseven.blogspot.com/

Comment

• what Groves over Merling? No thanks I'll take Merling all day over Groves.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Dynasty View Post
                Kearse is Possible...I really dont know what to think about Ferguson..I rather have Jabar.
                I would probably rather have jabar too but either one is fine they will just be the #4 or #5 WR.

Comment

• I hope we get one of the ridiculous number of WR prospects in the draft to be our 4/5. Kearse...I think I'd like it.
                  Originally posted by 7-11
                  Originally posted by Renji
                  Keyshawn because i just hate T.O. he is a cocky son of a biscuit
                  But an athletic marvel for a second generation confectionary product

Comment

• Originally posted by Crazy_Chris View Post
                    what Groves over Merling? No thanks I'll take Merling all day over Groves.
                    Meh, just how I feel. Maybe I'm putting too much into speed, but we really need someone who relies on it.

http://minnesotasportstwentyfourseven.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Speed is good but it's not the only thing to being a good pass rusher I was a bit weary of Merling for a while but after I read scotts scouting report of him I'm sold I think he is going to be a gem.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                      Strengths:
                      Terrific size and bulk with long arms...Great quickness...Has a non-stop motor...Is very strong and powerful...Plays with a nasty demeanor...Excellent range and he is relentless in pursuit...Natural pass rusher with a variety of moves...Can take on multiple blockers and shed the double team...Does a nice job versus the run...Has good instincts & awareness...Reliable tackler...Solid technician...Does a nice job in space...Extremely versatile...Can play a number of positions in different schemes.

Weaknesses:
                      May lack elite athleticism...Won't scare anyone off the edge...Does not have great timed speed and isn't real explosive...Might be a bit of a 'tweener...He can be too aggressive at times...Will get pushed back...Needs to work on his hand use...Has to work on keeping his shoulders square...Intelligence could be an issue with him.

Notes:
                      Uncle Chris Rumph was his position coach at Clemson...He prepped at Fork Union Military Academy...Has experience at both defensive end and defensive tackle...He can project to end or tackle in a 43 defense or end in a 34 scheme...Very different player from Gaines Adams but is a better all-around player...Not real flashy but is a very good prospect who will be in high demand...Awfully similar to Trevor Pryce
                      Compare that to Groves

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                      Strengths:
                      Excellent athleticism and agility...Very good timed speed and quickness...Explosive with a burst to close...Terrific range and does a nice job in pursuit...Good strength and decent power...Reliable tackler...Offers some versatility...Was real productive.

Weaknesses:
                      Extremely inconsistent and lacks a great motor...Undersized and doesn't have the ideal bulk that you look for..Isn't stout at the point...Marginal instincts, awareness and recognition...Limited pass rush repertoire...Too aggressive at times...Slow off the line...Has trouble shedding blocks...Poor technique..A questionable work ethic.

Notes:
                      Played some outside linebacker as a senior and that may be his home at the next level...Auburn's all-time sack leader...A better pro prospect than Reggie Torbor or Stanley McClover were...Is more of an athlete than a football player and could get overdrafted...His best fit might come in a 3-4 scheme..A classic "Workout Warrior".

Comment

• I do think Merling will turn out to be very good but he is exactly the kind of end we don't need. Our biggest need is help with pass rush and a great DE coming off the end. That happens to be Merling's weakness. We have more then enough Run Stop ability with the Williams and there is n point taking Merling and adding to that. Merling may end up as a better player then Groves all around but Groves will be the better pass rusher and that is what we need. I still am going to hold out hope that Harvey falls to us, I am just saying I will be very dissapointed if we pick Harvey.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
                          I do think Merling will turn out to be very good but he is exactly the kind of end we don't need. Our biggest need is help with pass rush and a great DE coming off the end. That happens to be Merling's weakness. We have more then enough Run Stop ability with the Williams and there is n point taking Merling and adding to that. Merling may end up as a better player then Groves all around but Groves will be the better pass rusher and that is what we need. I still am going to hold out hope that Harvey falls to us, I am just saying I will be very dissapointed if we pick Harvey.
                          I think you are under rating his pass rush ability it isn't his strength but I wouldn't say it's his weakness either.

Strengths:
                          Terrific size and bulk with long arms...Great quickness...Has a non-stop motor...Is very strong and powerful...Plays with a nasty demeanor...Excellent range and he is relentless in pursuit...Natural pass rusher with a variety of moves...Can take on multiple blockers and shed the double team...Does a nice job versus the run...Has good instincts & awareness...Reliable tackler...Solid technician...Does a nice job in space...Extremely versatile...Can play a number of positions in different schemes.
                          All points him being pretty good Pass rusher
                          Last edited by Crazy_Chris; 03-04-2008, 12:34 AM.

Comment

• I think what the Vikings need is a burst off the edge. Merling won't provide that. Personally I wouldn't take Merling in the first. I would either take Harvey or Chris Williams if they are there and if not trade down.

Comment

• The Vikings don't just need a Burst off the Edge though, thanks to the unfortunate situation with Udeze. The Vikings now need the best DE available wether he is a speed rusher like Harvey or an All around good DE like Merling.

If we would have landed Justin Smith then all we would need to look for is another Edge Rusher.

Edit: Our best option to take would be to sign a situational Edge Rusher(Jevon Kearse) and then draft Phillip Merling.
                              Last edited by Crazy_Chris; 03-04-2008, 12:48 AM.

Comment

• We already have two good young all around DE's, we don't need any more. Merling will be very good but will take time to develop. Harvey will start off as a great pass rusher, which is what we need. Harvey will need time to develop as an all around DE but we can afford to wait for that. What we need is a great pass rusher, Harvey gives us that now and Merling will give us that in a couple years.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information