No announcement yet.

Minnesota Vikings Offseason Moves Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Release awful safety that can't tackle anything outside of a staircase : CHECK!

Trade butter-fingered receiver : CHECK!

Release a bad back-up QB : CHECK...

Vikings released QB Kelly Holcomb.

Holcomb was due a $150,000 bonus the club wasn't going to pay. He played poorly in three 2007 appearances, barely completing half his 83 attempts and averaging only 6.7 YPA before hurting his neck. At 35, he may retire.

Comment

Originally posted by pete_norm View Post
      Release awful safety that can't tackle anything outside of a staircase : CHECK!

Trade butter-fingered receiver : CHECK!

Release a bad back-up QB : CHECK...

Vikings released QB Kelly Holcomb.

Holcomb was due a $150,000 bonus the club wasn't going to pay. He played poorly in three 2007 appearances, barely completing half his 83 attempts and averaging only 6.7 YPA before hurting his neck. At 35, he may retire.

Lets just hope they dont mess it up with FA and Draft.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure

Comment

Originally posted by The Dynasty View Post
        Im Very Happy with the Vikings so far.

Lets just hope they dont mess it up with FA and Draft.
        Yeah, all we have so far is some addition by subtraction.
        SKOL VIKINGS!

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy_Chris View Post
          Eh you can be assured Childress will have atleast 1 F/A signing like that. He has done it every year since he has been here. 2006 Chester Taylor & Ben Leber. 2007 Bobby Wade & Visanthe Shiancoe. In 2008 it's very likely there will be another one but who is the question. Right now I'm guessing he will bring in some under the radar safety and try to make him the starter.
          Yeah, more than likely... Though Leber and Taylor were both productive with there former teams, as was Bobby Wade to some extent. Shiancoe barely touched the ball in New York, and rightfully so with Shockey starting. We picked him up based on a nice combine performance years ago, and of course, B-Chilly's amazing knowledge of all things NFC-East. ;-)

I do think we will get a somewhat established safety though (Madieu or Gibril), or I could be wrong and we could end up with JR REED!!! Usually don't have a good feeling about us attracting free agents, but I have a feeling that we'll lure in a few good ones this year. Hopefully this thread is bumpinnn tomorrow, but again, no Visanthe Shiancoe's.

Comment

so far, this offseason is like taking out the trash, and finding an ice cold beer just for you while doing it.....very nice!

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy_Chris View Post
              Eh you can be assured Childress will have atleast 1 F/A signing like that. He has done it every year since he has been here. 2006 Chester Taylor & Ben Leber. 2007 Bobby Wade & Visanthe Shiancoe. In 2008 it's very likely there will be another one but who is the question. Right now I'm guessing he will bring in some under the radar safety and try to make him the starter.

I have no clue I have read in places that it is a 6th that can escalate into a 4th or 5th(Which if true means it has to be a 2009 pick). Other places have just said that the Vikings will be getting a second day pick/6th round pick in the 2008 NFL draft. I guess we will just have to wait until friday to find out the truth.

umm Taylor and Leber were GREAT signings and Bobby came cheap and has been okay.... Shiancoe is really the only questionable signing Chilly has done since hes been here, otherwise, hes done a pretty good job, also, last year was probably the worst FA class since FA began...

Comment

If you go to the rumor mill on espn theres a rumor saying Berrian to Minnesota?. That would be nice if we sign him on friday.

Comment

If you go to the rumor mill on espn theres a rumor saying Berrian to Minnesota?. That would be nice if we sign him on friday.
                  /PUKE EVERYWHERE
                  Originally posted by 7-11
                  Originally posted by Renji
                  Keyshawn because i just hate T.O. he is a cocky son of a biscuit
                  But an athletic marvel for a second generation confectionary product

Comment

Originally posted by litlharsh View Post
                    /PUKE EVERYWHERE
                    Berrians not on top on my list but Hey we gotta look at it as We need a WR Badly. Berrian is one of the top WR in the FA and if we could sign him it would make our WR core alot better. Berrian and Rice that would be a nice mixture of Speed and Height. What Happens is what happens i guess.

Comment

Berrians not on top on my list but Hey we gotta look at it as We need a WR Badly. Berrian is one of the top WR in the FA and if we could sign him it would make our WR core alot better. Berrian and Rice that would be a nice mixture of Speed and Height. What Happens is what happens i guess.
                      I would love it. The guy may not exactly be sure handed, but he is fairly reliable and can actually adjust to the ball in the air. Would be a definite upgrade to what we currently have.
                      SKOL VIKINGS!

Comment

Apparently the Vikings have offered a 3rd rounder for QB Sage Rosenfels

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/Hea...=NFL&hl=113255

what do you think?

Comment

Originally posted by litlharsh View Post
                          Apparently the Vikings have offered a 3rd rounder for QB Sage Rosenfels

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/Hea...=NFL&hl=113255

what do you think?
                          I love it. he would be better than any rookie we brought in in the third round so why not? he could compete right away, and played really well in spot duty this season. I would be 100% for it

Comment

Originally posted by giver17 View Post
                            I love it. he would be better than any rookie we brought in in the third round so why not? he could compete right away, and played really well in spot duty this season. I would be 100% for it
                            Spending a 3rd rounder on a backup? Ehhh, I dunno about that. I would prefer picking up a FA such as Gray or Green.
                            SKOL VIKINGS!

Comment

A third rounder for sage rosenthfels? you got to be freaking kidding me that would be freaking stupid!!!!!!! why not resign Daunte or fo after Byron leftwich these guys have actually won some games. Im not sure who the bigger Idiot is childress and all his NFC east scrubs or Speilman and his ex dolphin freaking scrubs a third rounder? we could possibly get a very nice prospect like henne or woodson both of which would be no worse then rosenfels

Comment

you guys if it went down Sage would be given a chance to earn the starting role, no doubt about it

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information