No announcement yet.

Minnesota Vikings Offseason Moves Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hope the talk of the Vikes offering a 3rd round pick for Rosenfels is untrue, but I really dislike it. I think it would be another phenomenally stupid move by the decision-makers, to be frank. Why on Earth would you give up a 3rd round pick for Rosenfels, especially in such a great draft?

I understand this is a make or break year for Childress, but come on. At least get a better quarterback, cripes. You're better off keeping the pick and playing Bollinger.
    Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

Rosenfels would likely start. He's much better than Tavaris Jackson at the moment, and probably longterm as well.

The only problem is that it still really doesn't adress the position longterm. But for a team that has a legit chance at winning the division next year (the Bears sure as hell aren't), getting a solid vet QB isn't a bad idea.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

The Jets wouldn't trade Pennington for a 3rd round pick? Heck, I'd bet the Bills would give up Losman for a 5th or maybe even a 6th round pick.

It's not like the Vikings don't have the cap space to give a guy a one-year extension on an existing deal.

A 3rd for Rosenfels. No wonder the fanbase wants Childress and GM Rick Spielman (who made some laughably bad trades in Miami, good to know he hasn't lost the touch) out of town. It's like looking at the NFC version of Cam Cameron and Randy Mueller, a offensive coordinator trying to be a HC and a failed GM who belongs back at ESPN.
        Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

Originally posted by Geo View Post
          The Jets wouldn't trade Pennington for a 3rd round pick? Heck, I'd bet the Bills would give up Losman for a 5th or maybe even a 6th round pick.

It's not like the Vikings don't have the cap space to give a guy a one-year extension on an existing deal.

A 3rd for Rosenfels. No wonder the fanbase wants Childress and GM Rick Spielman (who made some laughably bad trades in Miami, good to know he hasn't lost the touch) out of town.
          Well after the fairly spectacular draft we had last year Vikings fans are starting to shed some of the animosity towards the two...
          Originally posted by 7-11
          Originally posted by Renji
          Keyshawn because i just hate T.O. he is a cocky son of a biscuit
          But an athletic marvel for a second generation confectionary product

Comment

Originally posted by Geo View Post

A 3rd for Rosenfels. No wonder the fanbase wants Childress and GM Rick Spielman (who made some laughably bad trades in Miami, good to know he hasn't lost the touch) out of town. It's like looking at the NFC version of Cam Cameron and Randy Mueller, a offensive coordinator trying to be a HC and a failed GM who belongs back at ESPN.
            I'm not sure Chad Pennington is any better than Sage.

And I really doubt the Bills would trade Losman for that little. If they would then maybe there is some value there, but if they've targeted Rosenfels (and personally I would prefer him over the other two), I don't think there's a problem there.

Rosenfels did exceptionally well last year in Houston, and has always been pretty well thought of in league circles from what I've read. At least more so than fan perception would allow.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

And our wonderful offseason starts with a bang!!!

http://minnesotasportstwentyfourseven.blogspot.com/

Comment

sage rosenfels is not going to bring a superbowl to minnesota. we're better off sticking with tarvaris for this season. if he doesn't become more consistant with his accuracy and decision making then we look for a signal caller next offseason. a third round pick for a backup quarterback is incredibly stupid.
                Now the only ones I take are the ones that I wear
                Ain't takin no shorts no more

Comment

the qb class is weaker next season this this season which means we are stuck and handcuffed for two more seasons which is exactly why you protect the teams best interest and get a guy THIS year

Comment

good news...

Vikes, Titans break off Rosenfels trade talks

"Word out of Houston" is that the Vikings and Titans have broken off talks about a possible trade involving Sage Rosenfels.

The Vikings likely wouldn't budge from their offer of a third-round pick, while the Texans were holding out for a second-rounder. Matt Schaub missed five games with injuries in 2007, so Houston is playing it safe.
                    bad news...

The Minneapolis Star-Tribune suggests the Vikes may now turn their attention to J.P. Losman. Feb. 28 - 9:49 pm et
                    Now the only ones I take are the ones that I wear
                    Ain't takin no shorts no more

Comment

I wouldn't mind JP Losman as our backup, provided he comes cheap. Honestly though, I think it may be a wiser decision to go with a guy such as Quinn Gray or Cleo Lemon in free agency.
                      SKOL VIKINGS!

Comment

Yeah I was worried right now as i read that we might give up a 3rd for Sage. But i just say that the talks went cold from pft.com I agree with dhvf that we should bring in Lemon or Gray instead of trading. I dont like giving up 3rd or 4th round picks for Average QB's for backups.

Just saw this on PFT.com

BATTLE BREWING FOR BERRIAN

Adam Caplan of Scout.com reports that Bears receiver Bernard Berrian is expected to be pursued aggressively by the Vikings and the Titans as of midnight tonight.

Per Caplan, the 49ers also could enter the mix.

Berrian is generally regarded as the second best receiving free agent available, behind Randy Moss.

Published reports earlier in the day indicated that the Bears offered Berrian $8 million in guaranteed money, and that he wanted north of $12 million.
                        Last edited by The Dynasty; 02-28-2008, 10:13 PM.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure

Comment

Im not a huge berrian fan. Yes hes an upgrade but hes almost as inconsitant as the other we got. I know there isnt alot out there but I can I just go on record as to say lets bring Daunte and Randy back and pretend like none of this ever happened.

Comment

Originally posted by Kid_Ego View Post
                            Im not a huge berrian fan. Yes hes an upgrade but hes almost as inconsitant as the other we got. I know there isnt alot out there but I can I just go on record as to say lets bring Daunte and Randy back and pretend like none of this ever happened.
                            Well I guarantee that Culpepper will never come back to Minnesota as long as Childress is our Head Coach. Childress didn't like how culepepper fit in the systemso he traded him. Moss I would love him to come back but He's going to sign with Patriots in like 17 minutes so I dont know about that.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure

Comment

Berrian will be in town tomorrow. Get it done, Vikes!!!!
                              "Kenny Phillips has the body of Sean Taylor and the speed and knowledge of Ed Reed"

sig by vikes99ej

RIP Sean Taylor
                              4/1/1983 - 11/27/2007

Comment

God, I really don't want Justin Smith though. He just seems like he'd b another deadbeat end that can't get to the qb. I would much rather get Madieu
                                SKOL VIKINGS!

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information