X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From PFT.com

POSTED 12:42 a.m. EST, February 29, 2008

BERRIAN TO VISIT VIKES

Barely a half hour into free agency, and the Vikings have set up a Friday visit with Bears receiver Bernard Berrian.

Berrian wants a contract that pays out $24.5 million over the first three years, and that includes $12 million guaranteed.

He would provide a deep threat for the Vikings' West Coast offense. Having a guy who can stretch the field opens up the various underneath routes in the system.
    SMITH TO VISIT VIKES

As owner Zygi Wilf's plane heads to California to fetch receiver Bernard Berrian, the Vikes also have made arrangements for a Friday visit from Bengals defensive end Justin Smith.

Smith played for Vikings defensive coordinator Leslie Frazier when Frazier worked in that same role with the Bengals.

The Vikings have a need for help at defensive end because Kenechi Udeze recently was diagnosed with leukemia. Smith was Cincinnati's franchise player in 2007.
    Come on Vikes lets get Berrian. Dont Let him Leave the Building pleaseee.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure

Comment

I'm so excited Smith is visiting. I didn't think he was going to.

http://minnesotasportstwentyfourseven.blogspot.com/

Comment

My guess would be it is harder sell to berrian then to Smith gee Justin would you like to be a one dimentional end who gets to stand next to two perinal pro bowlers and get 12 sacks next year? My guess is the answer is yes.

Berrian would you like to be the leading receiver on a team who refuses to pass the ball. In fact during a win last year our qb thru a total of 12 passes.

Comment

Originally posted by Kid_Ego View Post
          Berrian would you like to be the leading receiver on a team who refuses to pass the ball. In fact during a win last year our qb thru a total of 12 passes.
          He's used to it.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by Kid_Ego View Post
            My guess would be it is harder sell to berrian then to Smith gee Justin would you like to be a one dimentional end who gets to stand next to two perinal pro bowlers and get 12 sacks next year? My guess is the answer is yes.

We passed, Just not as often as run but Its not Tarvaris Fault for having Terrible Receivers. So Please stop Blaming Tarvaris for 12 passing touchdowns. If we get Berrian. Then Berrian and Rice should be our WR Duo for years to come and will help out Tarvaris greatly. A lot better than Troy, Ferguson and Wade.

Comment

For the record he had 9 not twelve.

I agree on the used to it part. The only diffrence was Grossman didnt have to ask daddy Chilly to pass the ball like T-Jack does? Daddy we are down by 4 tds can I pass the ball the second half please daddy please. Ok Little T its ok the game is out of reach you can now go ahead and pass the ball.

Comment

So is Justin Smith visiting you guys first, or the 49ers?

And how would you guys feel about signing Justin Smith? I for one wouldn't like it at all with the high price he would command.

Comment

Originally posted by 49ersfan_87 View Post
                  So is Justin Smith visiting you guys first, or the 49ers?

And how would you guys feel about signing Justin Smith? I for one wouldn't like it at all with the high price he would command.
                  According to pft.com He is visiting the Vikings first and Berrian is getting on zygi wilf's plane to come to Minnesota.

Comment

Oh thank god we cut off the trade talks for Rosenfels. I like the idea of bringing in J.P. Losman to compete with Tarvaris.

Comment

49eers signed D thomas from the vikes good pick up 9eers dude has mad speed and was a back up at all the linebacker positions He was a guy I was really hoping would beat leber out.

Comment

We need the HEFTY LEFTY !!!!!!!! hes cheap and cant be any worse then bollinger plus its just fun to say

Comment

No thanks... He would get destroyed whenver he came into the game considering Ryan Cook would be protecting his blind side.

Comment

good point and we got no idea who is going to be protecting his other side. Whaat yall think about an Issac Bruce signing? He could really help out this young core of receivers.

Comment

Moss went back to the Patriots :( but thats better then the cowgirls!! and thank god not the Packers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I wonder if we sign smith and berrian if we make a move in the draft? maybe up or down, Personally Id almost rather move down. Because I truly feel like Safety could be covered if we just moved Winfield or one of the other two corners to safety, McCaully or Griffin? This year Second rounders are premium picks, Especially at DE CB TE RB even LB. Now we lost Thomas I wouldnt mind getting EJ's Brother!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information