No announcement yet.

Vikings Offseason Cuts and Signings

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And i think i saw that hackett got a RD2 tender i dont see the value in giving up a RD2 for him

Comment

oh if thats the case no way. He might be worth a 4th.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure

Comment

yea i was right...

Scout.com and Seahawks.NET broke the news that WR D.J. Hackett got a second-round tender, according to his agent, Tom Mills of Ascent Sports Management. Despite the level that he was tendered, Hackett will most likely still receive interest from other teams
        http://seahawks.scout.com/2/623002.html

Comment

Wade was a great signing, he had the best hands for a wideout for the Titans last year, i'm really sad to see him go.....

Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart>>>>danman253
          XBL GT smitty js Go Vandy!!!!!!
          Chris Johnson son!!!!!!!!
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoUr82vUx60
          http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/pacman.htm

Comment

Wow that really contradicts everything everyone else was saying in Vikings discussion bout him having dropsies/fumblitis, but coming from a titans fan its a breath of fresh air and a bit reassuring to hear that he had good hands last year... hopefully he will do well with us

Comment

Sorry but Bobby Wade was horrible in Chicago. Had a better time in Tennessee, but i really hope the Front Office doesn't see Wade actually helping us. We need a legitimate #1 option. With TJack as our QB of the future, baring draft or trade, we need to surround him with talent. And thus far we haven't done that.

I see we are cutting a lot of good talent, and bringing in a bunch of bench warmers. I've been a vikings fan as long as i can remember, but if we dont add some playmakers to the offensive side of the ball we are looking at a 3-4 win season.

Comment

Slot reciever and maybe punt returner...way to much money for a guy to do those 2 things. and I only remember Bobby Wade from Chicago...but that was already a few years ago, from what I remeber his hands weren't very good.

Comment

Not to mention he's a midget. He's not a bad guy to have on your team, but that's at the vet minimum. I really really really don't understand the move at all. Bobby Wade must have the best agent in the league.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

I'll be happy just as long as he's nothing more than a #3 slot reciever.

http://minnesotasportstwentyfourseven.blogspot.com/

Comment

agreed #3 seems a good spot for him if we were to pull of a trade for Darell Jackson we would have Wr1: Darrel Jackson WR2:Troy williamson WR3:Bobby Wade WR4:Billy McMullen/Drafted Rookie WR5:Billy McMullen/Drafted Rookie(whichever didnt get #4) id feel pretty good about that

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy_Chris View Post
                        agreed #3 seems a good spot for him if we were to pull of a trade for Darell Jackson we would have Wr1: Darrel Jackson WR2:Troy williamson WR3:Bobby Wade WR4:Billy McMullen/Drafted Rookie WR5:Billy McMullen/Drafted Rookie(whichever didnt get #4) id feel pretty good about that
                        Exactly the feelings I have. 1 good WR via trade or F/A makes the whole unit look different. With 2 perhaps 3 rookie Wr's coming in .....I'm not
                        of the same "doom and gloom" theory on our offense, we're not as far off
                        as people want to beleive.

Comment

yea i dont think it would be very bad either but i was watchig sports center tonight and they were talking about people currently on the trade block and Darrel jackson came up and they said the two teams interested so far were the 49ers and the saints... the vikings name came up in interested for a trade but it was for some one else, It was Trent Green. which i wouldnt necessarily mind he's getting up there in age but he would come over and allow us to further groom Jackson, that is assuming if we trade for Green that quinn would become out of the question but that depends on what we trade for him if its like a 3rd or less i guess quinn still could be a pick at 7. anyways green is still a very good QB, IMO hes the most underated QB in the NFL.

Comment

Trent Green ? Trent Green ? Am I the only one who saw his head bounce
                            off the grass at arrowhead like a superball ?

He's what 37...has never run a WCO and probably needs a bib to catch the drool after the thumping he took last year..

..no thank you.

Comment

I really think Darrell Jackson would help out our offense. He would be a perfect #1 WR. Not too fast, but he can catch. I'm not sure about Trent Green. He played in an offense that relied heavily on Larry Johnson.

http://minnesotasportstwentyfourseven.blogspot.com/

Comment

and we run an offense that relys mainly on Chester Taylor. Green isn't that bad of an option. Yeah he's old, but still a great QB. If we decide to draft Quinn, then Green is out of the question. However if Quinn is off the board, i see Green as our next best option. I absolutely love TJack and wouldn't mind seeing him develop, he's got a lot of work to do but given the time and experience i think he can develope into a wonderful QB. That would also allow us to fill another need with that 7th pick. Someone like Alan Branch, Gaines Adams, Laron Landry, or Adrian Peterson would "help" our team much better this year than the likes of Quinn.

We have a big decision to make on April 28th, i just hope we make the right one!

Go Vikes

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information