Vikings Offseason Cuts and Signings

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vikings Offseason Cuts and Signings

List all of our cuts and signings here, no matter how important the player Try to list the source, also:

Cut or Leaving:

-QB Brad Johnson
    -OT Mike Rosenthal
    -TE Jermaine Wiggins
    -CB Fred Smoot
    -OL Jason Whittle
    -LB Napoleon Harris

Signed:

-TE Vinsanthe Shiancoe
    -LB Vinny Ciurciu
    -WR Bobby Wade
    Last edited by Vikes99ej; 03-07-2007, 01:07 PM.

http://minnesotasportstwentyfourseven.blogspot.com/

Bad Move Was hoping to see johnson retire where his career began we lost the only mentor our young Qb's had to learn from and pretty much the only veteran leadership on that offense outside of Matt Birk

Comment

what about not offering tenders and stuff like that

will hunter was not offered his tender

spencer johnson and richard owens were offered low tenders

i think we already resigned that lb heath farwell or harwell, for somet reason i cannot remember his name

and we also offered a tender to darion scott i believe

Comment

So can we list guys we want to see the team offer a contract to ?
        or is this thread to discuss the guys let go or signed...nothing else ?

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy_Chris View Post
          Bad Move Was hoping to see johnson retire where his career began we lost the only mentor our young Qb's had to learn from and pretty much the only veteran leadership on that offense outside of Matt Birk
          Brad Johnson did not want to be here anymore.
          There are fans out there who could find out that Brett Favre could run over 14 puppies and they still wouldn't care. They would think he was still the greatest thing since sliced bread.
          -Mark Chmura

Comment

Originally posted by Severe Punishment View Post
            So can we list guys we want to see the team offer a contract to ?
            or is this thread to discuss the guys let go or signed...nothing else ?
            No. This is a thread keeping track of the NEW players we sign, and the players that we release.

Comment

Wiggins and Rosenthal were released.

Comment

http://vikings.com/news_detail_objec...Moves3107.html

Smoot got Cut.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure

Comment

good that saves us a huge chunk of cash now hopefully we dont cut anyone else

Comment

So now we need another cornerback

Comment

Do we? he wasnt even starting by the end, okay i may have some man love issues for edwards but still...
                      What if everyone simultaneously disobeys?
                      It aint a game if no one plays, oh.

Comment

We have some young Talent/depth But it would be nice to bring in a more Proven Guy to be The Nickel back just dont know who yet... either way IMO cornerback isnt a huge concern

Comment

1 and 2 would be Winfield and Griffin, but adding a vet would be nice.

Comment

You can't account for injuries that happen during the preseason or regular season. You can have 5 solid cornerbacks on your team, and 3 of them can get injured in one game.

Comment

I don't think CB gets addressed early (unless of course someone like Revis or
                              Hall is there for our 2nd pick..and then it'd be iffy).

Devonte Edwards is a very under appreciated CB..and for nickel he's more than capable, I'd actually have no problem with him at the #2 spot if either Griffin or Winfield couldn't start for a game or 2...he's that ready.
                              As far as the Dime back (where a rookie would contest for playing time) Whittaker and Charles Gordon are certainly capable and both can play special teams. I think we have 6 or 7 CB's on the roster ...1 is all world 2 are young and on their way to being dominant...and 3 are good enough to not have to bring in high priced talent or waste a high draft pick on.
                              With Whittle moving on, I'd love to see us grab a RG....there's 3 guys I'd love
                              to see start next year at RG...all 3 have good hands, decent feet and sound technique. They're not going to be mistaken for Hutch....but few are. And let's drop the dead weight now (Artis Hicks / Marcus Johnson) while we still get a portion of their salaries back to sign one of the RG F/A's.
                              ...and the more I hear about Kevin Curtis' situation...I think our #1 guy who we should attack in the market should be Kearny. If we're not going to go after many guys...let's make the ones we do sign impact players at impact positions. Kearny has a history of being hurt, but when he's healthy he's the kind of monster that has my kids waking up in the middle of the night screaming.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information