• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
    Nice word.
    Actually spelled it wrong. :o

Comment

Originally posted by Crickett View Post
      Long falling to 5 was ridiculous. Which is why when he didn't go #1, he dropped all the way down to #2. And you're right, it is easy to be a smart a ss and come in here AFTER YOU'VE BEEN PROVEN RIGHT.

I mean, it didn't stop you with you incontrovertable evidence of Scott had it happen in a mock draft.
      How is it ridiculous when there was a 50-50 chance that the Rams would go Dorsey over Long, and if that were to happen barring a trade there was a 99% chance he would fall to 5.

That is not ridiculous by any means it was virtualy a 50% chance and if you cant see that you realy are a tool.

And that 'incontrovertable evidence' was a case of me saying i am not the only one with this idea (for which i was written-off as being stupid). The main argument against me was that the Raiders would take him no one even thought the Rams would, and the raiders had DMac higher on their board.
      --Four Norse Men of the Apocalypse--
      ......Allen Wlliams Williams Edwards......
      .......--Future Riders in waiting--........
      ......Robinson Evans Guion Mitchell......

Join this football simulator...its pretty sweet. http://goallineblitz.com/game/signup.pl?ref=13176733

Comment

Originally posted by Zbikowski_9 View Post
        How is it ridiculous when there was a 50-50 chance that the Rams would go Dorsey over Long, and if that were to happen barring a trade there was a 99% chance he would fall to 5.

That is not ridiculous by any means it was virtualy a 50% chance and if you cant see that you realy are a tool.
        50% chance my ***. The Rams are a team with a lot of youth and a fair amount of talent at defensive tackle, a veteran leader in Laroi Glover and a bunch of aging vets at DE who simply didn't get the job done last year.

But by all means, continue name calling. Chris Long was drafted second, and there was a ZERO PERCENT chance, NONE, that he was going to last to #5. If you think there was, you need to take a closer look at teams you know less about than you think.

Comment

Originally posted by Crickett View Post
          50% chance my ***. The Rams are a team with a lot of youth and a fair amount of talent at defensive tackle, a veteran leader in Laroi Glover and a bunch of aging vets at DE who simply didn't get the job done last year.

But by all means, continue name calling. Chris Long was drafted second, and there was a ZERO PERCENT chance, NONE, that he was going to last to #5. If you think there was, you need to take a closer look at teams you know less about than you think.
          Can you tell me then.
          -The falcons spent their top pick on a LE last year and have money invested in the productive right end Abraham. They would take Ryan over him and prob Dorsey and others too.
          -The raiders, who in my opinion would have benifited gretly from Dorsey or Chris Long if he was on the board, had McFadden on the top of their board. So despite what they should have done - they would pass

So barring a trade up into the top 4, which proved hard to do (see the NO Saints as an example), i dont see who would have taken him had the Rams chosen Dorsey.

And to say there was ZERO percent chance shows that there is no changing your mind. It was well documented that there was a real split and debate over the no. 2 pick so to say ZERO percent chance is stupid. I think they made the right choice coz Carriker suits playing on the inside but including Glover in your arguement was silly if you are at the same time refering to aging vets on the outside
          --Four Norse Men of the Apocalypse--
          ......Allen Wlliams Williams Edwards......
          .......--Future Riders in waiting--........
          ......Robinson Evans Guion Mitchell......

Join this football simulator...its pretty sweet. http://goallineblitz.com/game/signup.pl?ref=13176733

Comment

Can you tell me then.
            -The falcons spent their top pick on a LE last year and have money invested in the productive right end Abraham. They would take Ryan over him and prob Dorsey and others too.
            -The raiders, who in my opinion would have benifited gretly from Dorsey or Chris Long if he was on the board, had McFadden on the top of their board. So despite what they should have done - they would pass
            No, I think the Falcons would have passed on him.

Not the Raiders though. Yeah, they passed on Vernon Gholston even though he would have filled a need but..... Vernon Gholston isn't the son of a former Oakland Raiders hall of famer. Now, I'm usually someone who doesn't like to take lineage into account when predicting future success, but I can't imagine they would have passed on him for anyone.

And to say there was ZERO percent chance shows that there is no changing your mind. It was well documented that there was a real split and debate over the no. 2 pick so to say ZERO percent chance is stupid. I think they made the right choice coz Carriker suits playing on the inside but including Glover in your arguement was silly if you are at the same time refering to aging vets on the outside
            Laroi Glover is the one aging vet at DT where the Rams have a bunch of young guys at DT.

At DE, both starters at aging, and they don't really have any depth there.

I mean, last year, only three players on the Rams roster had more than 2 sacks last year.

Corey Chavous, who is a safety.
            Laroi Glover, who is a defensive tackle.
            Will Witherspoon, who is an outside linebacker

Comment

Working...
            X

Debug Information