No announcement yet.

Vikings acquire Jared Allen

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

just had to say good job getting Allen. I'm sure JaMarcus and Jay are thanking you guys right now.

you guys gave up a lot for him, but, ultimately, its worth it. you filled one if not you biggest needs. and with him paired up next the Williams and Williams, he'll be just as if not better.
    When will commissioner Goodell ban Al Davis from making football decisions?

Comment

Vikings fans I am not hating but just drawing parallels with recent history. Last year the 49ers went out and spent big money on free agents aka Micheal Lewis, Aubrayo Franklin, Nate Clements, Tully Banti-Cain. Like the Vikings they had reason for hope as they had a huge rusher in Frank Gore and had signed the afore mentioned free agents. BUT they had an unproven QB in Alex Smith and lacked a premier reciever, and had a ****** o-line. They went out gave up a 4th round pick for Darrell Jackson and traded a 2nd rounder for Joe Staley. They finished 4 and 12 and Jackson was released a year later. The Vikings paid premium money to a guy in Berrian who has never had a thousand yard recieving season not to mention it takes up a while to pick up the intricacies of a west coast offense, signed Madiu Williams, and most recently traded for Jared Allan. They need some more corners as there is little depth beyond starters Cedric Griffin and Antoine Winfield. Although they spent a 3rd rounder last year on Marcus McCauley he didn't have a single interception. At O-line they have no decent right tackle and Bryant McKinnie could be heading to prison. The Vikings also need a tight end sing Shiancoe can't seem to hold on to the football. Best bet: Draft Sam Baker 2nd round and pick up Terrell Thomas in the 4th.
      Bluto- When the going gets tough the tough get going.

Bluto I'm a zit get it. http://youtube.com/watch?v=qft0bdhl17c

Cartman- Kyle get that sand out of your vagina.

Comment

Hey all, I'm a lifelong Chiefs fan and I'm here to tell you that this is a deal that will benefit both teams. You guys are going to love JA as he never stops going and really is a great all around DE. Your DLine will be awesome and your tackles will really bring out the best in the guy (or vica versa). We are rebuilding now which is actually an exciting time for us and I hate to see us give up a great player, but anyone telling you guys you gave up too much for the guy hasn't watched him play. Best of luck.

Comment

Originally posted by joercky View Post
          Vikings fans I am not hating but just drawing parallels with recent history. Last year the 49ers went out and spent big money on free agents aka Micheal Lewis, Aubrayo Franklin, Nate Clements, Tully Banti-Cain. Like the Vikings they had reason for hope as they had a huge rusher in Frank Gore and had signed the afore mentioned free agents. BUT they had an unproven QB in Alex Smith and lacked a premier reciever, and had a ****** o-line. They went out gave up a 4th round pick for Darrell Jackson and traded a 2nd rounder for Joe Staley. They finished 4 and 12 and Jackson was released a year later. The Vikings paid premium money to a guy in Berrian who has never had a thousand yard recieving season not to mention it takes up a while to pick up the intricacies of a west coast offense, signed Madiu Williams, and most recently traded for Jared Allan. They need some more corners as there is little depth beyond starters Cedric Griffin and Antoine Winfield. Although they spent a 3rd rounder last year on Marcus McCauley he didn't have a single interception. At O-line they have no decent right tackle and Bryant McKinnie could be heading to prison. The Vikings also need a tight end sing Shiancoe can't seem to hold on to the football. Best bet: Draft Sam Baker 2nd round and pick up Terrell Thomas in the 4th.
          First, I wouldn't exactly call Frank Gore a premier rusher. Next, McKinnie won't be heading to jail, he'll likely get a suspension from the league but he won't go to jail. And as far as McCauley goes, he most definetly did not have the best rookie season however it wasn't defined as such because of a lack of interceptions. I'm just saying that maybe the premise behind your arguement is valid, maybe its not, you just have some holes in it.

Comment

Working...
          X

Debug Information