Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vikings acquire Jared Allen

Per NFL.com's Breaking News ticker...

Yes! Now the question is, what did we give up?
    "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

Originally posted by djp4516 View Post
    Per NFL.com's Breaking News ticker...

Yes! Now the question is, what did we give up?
    Hopefully not the farm.

I'm crossing my fingers and hoping it is just a 1st and 3rd.

I heard Childress was being considered to coach the US Olympic bobsled team. They figure he can get a team to go downhill faster than anyone.

Comment

I am erect now. As long as the deal is done. He will improve our team immensly.

Comment

Im hoping for the Rumors earlier 1st and 3rd and next year 2nd but probably not.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure

Comment

I Am Hearing A 1st And A 3rd. I Am So Happy!
          Last edited by Dr. Gonzo; 04-22-2008, 10:12 PM.

Comment

Well, on another board, another guy who claims to be connected posted that we (as Vikings fans) would be happy with the terms of the deal.

I don't know if he's legit, or how "happy" is defined, but take it for what it's worth.

I heard Childress was being considered to coach the US Olympic bobsled team. They figure he can get a team to go downhill faster than anyone.

Comment

A first and two thirds is what I just heard.

I hope one of them is in 2009.

Comment

YES! this is amazing! although we did give up a lot; 1st and both our 3rds, but this is going to make us a contender. I hope he does F*** up and get a suspention.

Comment

and they were both our thirds from this year... crap, that is a high price

Comment

Originally posted by giver17 View Post
                    YES! this is amazing! although we did give up a lot; 1st and both our 3rds, but this is going to make us a contender. I hope he does F*** up and get a suspention.
                    I think u forgot the nt on Does Lol. If you didnt your sounding like a Packer fan Uh Oh! lol. Yeah Adam Schefter reporting 1st and Both our 3rds this year which Im happy and fine with.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure

Comment

Originally posted by The Dynasty View Post
                      I think u forgot the nt on Does Lol. If you didnt your sounding like a Packer fan Uh Oh! lol. Yeah Adam Schefter reporting 1st and Both our 3rds this year which Im happy and fine with.
                      haha, good call. I definately mean doesn't

Comment

Holy ridiculously huge contract, Batman!

From Pro Football Talk:

In addition to the three 2008 draft picks that the Minnesota Vikings gave up in order to acquire the rights to defensive end Jared Allen, the Vikes have made defensive end Jared Allen the highest-paid defensive player in the NFL.
                        Per Jay Glazer of FOXSports.com, Allen will get a six-year, $74 million deal, with $31 million in guaranteed money.
                        Actually, the guarantee is $31,000,069. That’s right . . . “Wine ‘em, dine ‘em, 69 ‘em.”
                        The deal surpasses the deal paid a year ago by the Colts to defensive end Dwight Freeney, with $30 million guaranteed on a six-year, $72 million contract.
                        The risk that the Vikings are taking is huge, given Allen’s history with the whole glug-glug, vroom-vroom thing. But it’s apparent that the Vikings have done plenty of homework, and are comfortable that Allen’s drinking days are behind him.

Comment

Yeah, Im gonna say it, I dont care,

Its the Walker trade all over again.

Comment

I have to imagine a large portion of the guaranteed money will be in roster bonuses and the like, stuff that won't count against the salary cap if he craps out/boozes and gets cut.

Comment

Originally posted by General Zod View Post
                              Yeah, Im gonna say it, I dont care,

Its the Walker trade all over again.
                              Huge difference.

In the Walker trade, the Vikes mortgaged the future for him (something like 3 first rounders and 3 2nd rounders).

Here, the Vikes mortgage less than 1 draft and a large contract.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information