Get Jason Taylor

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vikes99ej View Post
    No. Let's give Robison and Edwards another year. Be realistic people. This isn't Madden.
    Sometimes it is, a healthy Randy Moss for a 4th round pick. Even if Randy had gimped to 800 yards and 6 TDs that's a steal.

Oh and have you seen AD? Madden moves in real life.
    DeAngelo Hall looks like James Harden.

Comment

Originally posted by singe_101 View Post
      Sometimes it is, a healthy Randy Moss for a 4th round pick. Even if Randy had gimped to 800 yards and 6 TDs that's a steal.

Oh and have you seen AD? Madden moves in real life.
      They got Randy Moss for a 4th because some experts thought Randy Moss was past his Prime and He couldnt put up the numbers he use too which I thought was ridiculous because it was obvious that he didn't like his Situation.

Which Jason Taylor does not fit in that category.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure

Comment

Taylor doesn't fit, that's why I didn't say "offer a 4th" and those that do are low-balling and ridiculous, it would be crazy for Parcells to accept.

You can't argue that Jason Taylor for our 1st is not realistic. It might not be accepted by one side, but it is realistic.

If you could select Jason Taylor in 2008 with a 2009 first-round pick, wouldn't that be better than a 2009 rookie?

On the other hand, Miami is looking at 2011 so why not get a young starter who will be ready by then, a foot soldier to take orders and be under a small contract? Jason Taylor is not the difference between playoffs or mediocrity for them this year, they're BAD. He also hasn't said anything wrong and brings it every game but is not comfortable and points it out for this awful team.

With a good team I don't see him slowing down and he should be great in 2011 but for Miami he'd probably retire by then to entertain and they get nothing.

With Brown they'll be better but give them a five-game improvement and they're 6-10.
        Last edited by singe_101; 05-24-2008, 09:58 AM.

Comment

Who needs Jason Taylor when we've got Ray Edwards, who's aiming for the single season sack record?

http://kstp.com/article/stories/S454606.shtml?cat=7

Comment

Originally posted by Vikings4ever View Post
            Who needs Jason Taylor when we've got Ray Edwards, who's aiming for the single season sack record?

http://kstp.com/article/stories/S454606.shtml?cat=7
            Well if he is sitting on the Line with Pat and Kevin and Jared well one of those guys is probably going to get doubled up and that leaves Ray one on one so if he can beat the OT or OG or even FB then he could get 6-10 sacks but Sack Record I wouldnt think so. Thats a huge thing for a 2 year vet.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure

Comment

I think Ray has a excellent shot to get double digit sacks this year but I don't see him anywhere near the record. However I think Jared Allen could actually have a shot at it.

Comment

How about 16 games, Ray, before 16 sacks?

Ray has never had 2 sacks in a game, and he plus Allen had 20.5 last year which is 2 below the record, and 1 discounting Favre's effort. So even together they might not break it this year.

But this is just against stats, Ray is a good DE and very good from where he was drafted, he's in the top range of 4th rd, 30th pick talent. But he is not a Pro-Bowl guy unless he completely overhauls his game.
                Last edited by singe_101; 05-26-2008, 03:36 PM.

Comment

The team would have to play well but that's true for any team. If both the Vikings and an NFC opponent played well, the Vikings could win. That might not be true for the Colts and Patriots, who dominate.
                  =========================================
                  james
                  Minnesota Drug Treatment

Comment

Working...
                  X

Debug Information