Get Jason Taylor

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Get Jason Taylor

Complete the line, truly rival the purple people-eaters.

Trade next year's appropriate draft picks to Miami for Jason Taylor.

I'm not sure what Parcells would take, and if he makes the trade next year's first is really late, but throw in some more picks. 1st and a 4th, whatever.

Taylor has just enough motivation and time left with a team like the Vikings.

Why not try to win the Super Bowl now like the Giants did with the D-Line (and the NFC playoff factor)? The division is vacated, Indy looks great but stood pat, New England is lacking Samuel now, etc.

Pat or Kevin would get a double, and ALL THREE other Pro-Bowlers would get singled up at least by true offensive linemen. That might be the best line ever and would really move us closer to being the best defense (before counting TDs).

I like Edwards and Robison but like the DT in KC, they just take the place that belongs to someone like Dorsey or Taylor.

At the very least this would pretty much clinch going 6-0 in the division and a playoff berth, even if we didn't dominate otherwise. Isn't that worth picks? We aren't rebuilding.

The other teams in our division have moved backward and we can move forward even more, though a young crew is indeed important.
    Last edited by singe_101; 05-03-2008, 04:33 AM.
    DeAngelo Hall looks like James Harden.

Trading a first round pick would be a little too much IMO
    yea he would help but for two years and at a high price
    i don't really think we need him i'm happy with our defense i'd rather keep those picks to get more weapons on offense next year

Comment

If we did that i would throw up. We already have a RE, and i am more than happy with Rey Edwards leading a commity of Jayme Mitchell, Brian Robinson and Erasmus James.
      --Four Norse Men of the Apocalypse--
      ......Allen Wlliams Williams Edwards......
      .......--Future Riders in waiting--........
      ......Robinson Evans Guion Mitchell......

Join this football simulator...its pretty sweet. http://goallineblitz.com/game/signup.pl?ref=13176733

Comment

yeah, if we trade our first rounder for anyone, i think they should explore the chance of getting anquan(sp?) boldin
        oh noes!!1! i've been rep raped

Comment

As much as I would love Boldin I really doubt the Cards trade him and if they do it will cost about 3 1sts.

Comment

Originally posted by singe_101 View Post
            The division is vacated, Indy looks great but stood pat, New England is lacking Samuel now, etc.
            Vikings are in the NFC not the AFC so instead of talking about the Pats and Colts you should be talking about the Cowboys, Giants, Packers etc.

Comment

Im not even a Vikes fan, but Robison is going to do very well being a situational pass rusher, I wanted him as a OLB in the 3-4 but in passing situations he will get after the QB, I expect him to put up 4-5 sacks because he won't be getting the bulk of attention.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
              I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Originally posted by eaglesfan_45 View Post
                Vikings are in the NFC not the AFC so instead of talking about the Pats and Colts you should be talking about the Cowboys, Giants, Packers etc.
                Don't you mean the bears, packers and lions?

Comment

Originally posted by regoob2 View Post
                  Don't you mean the bears, packers and lions?
                  no, He was talking about having to go through the Colts and Patriots in the playoffs but they are in the AFC. I was naming NFC contenders that the Vikings would have to go through.

Comment

If it was a 2nd, we should do it. However, I don't think Parcells would take a 2nd for such a high caliber player such as Taylor. He was looking for a first rounder during the draft.
                    "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
                      As much as I would love Boldin I really doubt the Cards trade him and if they do it will cost about 3 1sts.
                      i just meant it as if we were to look at trading our first for any player that is rumored to be on the trading block. i dont think there is any chance boldin gets away from arizona. there is no way i'd give a first for a player that wont be around for any more that two to three years. for taylor maybe i'd look at 2009's third and 2010's fifth
                      oh noes!!1! i've been rep raped

Comment

If we can get Taylor for a 3rd and future 5th I really think we should do it. The line would be by far the best in the NFL and would make our defense elite. I am happy with the line now but just the idea of getting 4 guys who are some of the very best at their positions is too much to pass up.

Comment

So the Giants didn't go through the Patriots... okay...

I'm not that worried about the NFC, with Allen and Taylor this D would be better than the Giants and Cowboys. The offense would have that rushing and a boost from Berrian, plus takeaways and D scores. The team would have to play well but that's true for any team. If both the Vikings and an NFC opponent played well, the Vikings could win. That might not be true for the Colts and Patriots, who dominate. Who knows if the Vikes show up, but they're fixing weaknesses. This defense used to be awful and then the offense was but it's better, we saw a lot of 20+ games this year for a change.

I don't know if this team will be really good but it's not low on talent. Maybe it's a 2006 Steelers and high predictions weren't wrong in August but they just sputter.

But even with some decline, they run for 2000 yards, have 4 defensive TDs, and Allen gets 9 sacks, etc.

I'm not worried about the RE spot, but it isn't incredible. Robison and Edwards are not even close to Jason Taylor.
                          Last edited by singe_101; 05-13-2008, 06:12 PM.
                          DeAngelo Hall looks like James Harden.

Comment

No. Let's give Robison and Edwards another year. Be realistic people. This isn't Madden.

http://minnesotasportstwentyfourseven.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Vikes99ej View Post
                              This isn't Madden.
                              ha. no kidding.

sig by fenikz
                              Originally posted by ImBrotherCain
                              You are just a terrible person.
                              Originally posted by bigbluedefense
                              I have an iPhone.

Comment

Working...