Your Dream 2009 1st Round Pick

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your Dream 2009 1st Round Pick

Ok so we are on the clock and you have your choice. Who do you take? Make it realistic...no Stafford or Crabtree picks please.

I'd take Percy Harvin.

Andre Smith falls to us in round 1.
    And then Alphonso Smith falls to us in round 2.

Hey, you said "dream" draft :-)

Comment

Alphonso in the 2nd would be just awesome. I think that is more likely than Andre.

Comment

My Dream first rounder for this year is Vontae Davis. If he falls to us at #22 I will be one happy guy.

Comment

Michael Oher

Comment

my dream pick is my homer pick....LARRY ENGLISH

the value is there for the pick and he would improve the pressure on the qb. he would be a definite upgrade over that piece of crap ray edwards
            oh noes!!1! i've been rep raped

Comment

Any of the top 4 tackles.
              Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
              Thanks jerks, I have an exam tomorrow and reading this lowered my IQ by 14 points. Dicks.

Comment

Originally posted by jsang74 View Post
                Michael Oher
                He would probably be my choice as well. If he or Andre Smith dropped that would be ideal, if not, I would love to see us trade down if at all possible and grab one of the leftover tackles, a corner, or a wide receiver.

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy_Chris View Post
                  My Dream first rounder for this year is Vontae Davis. If he falls to us at #22 I will be one happy guy.
                  Do you care to explain that? He is a terrible fit in the cover 2 defense.

sig by BK and avy by me
                  Originally posted by A Perfect Score
                  If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.

Comment

I agree that my pick would have to be either Oher or Andre Smith, but both of those will likely be gone and if they are, I'd trade down and pick up an extra 3rd or 4th and still take Britton if he is there, otherwise I'd go with Unger, Alphonso Smith, or a WR like Britt or Nicks, but not Harvin.

sig by BK and avy by me
                    If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.

Comment

Originally posted by marshallb View Post
                      Do you care to explain that? He is a terrible fit in the cover 2 defense.
                      I cannot begin to understand what leads you to believe Vontae Davis would be a "Terrible" fit in the cover 2. I explained it in the 2009 Draft thread, but if I must again...

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                      Strengths:
                      Prototypical height and bulk...Smooth and fluid with top-notch athleticism...Excellent speed...Flips his hips well and can turn and run...Has a burst to close and can recover when beat...Very strong with a muscular physique...Tough and physical...Gets a good jam at the line...A reliable tackler who can deliver the big hit...Does a fantastic job in run support...Decent hands and ball skills...Capable of excelling in either man or zone coverage....May offer some positional versatility...Solid return man and special teamer...Durable...Has lots of experience against top competition...Nice bloodlines..Major upside.
                      http://www.draftcountdown.com/scouti...ntae-Davis.php

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy_Chris View Post
                        I cannot begin to understand what leads you to believe Vontae Davis would be a "Terrible" fit in the cover 2. I explained it in the 2009 Draft thread, but if I must again...

http://www.draftcountdown.com/scouti...ntae-Davis.php
                        Ummmm...Actually watching some film is what leads me to believe that.

sig by BK and avy by me

Comment

Well since you actually watched some film, please elaborate on exactly what you saw. I still don't know what leads you to believe that he will not only not fit in the cover 2, but he will be a "terrible" fit in the Cover 2.

Also no offense intended, but that is just obsurd. I'm so sure you actually have access to game film. I'm sorry but watching a couple of college football games on TV, does not equate to watching some film.

Comment

Although I am not a fan of Vontae Davis, I do like how he shows he is not afraid of going up and making the tackle. He is a big hitter and in that aspect reminds me of Winfield.

My dream 09 Pick would probably be Oher as well but wouldnt mind Britton and Smith.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure

Comment

Vontae Davis is definatly the guy I want but I like a lot of the options the Vikings have this year in round 1.

Michael Oher(slim but their is a chance)
                              Vontae Davis
                              Eben Britton
                              Alphonso Smith
                              Darius Butler
                              Kenny Britt

I wouldn't mind picking up any of those guys in round 1.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information