No announcement yet.

If the 2010 draft was tomorrow....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jesus Christ give me Colt McCoy. I won't even think about that.

http://minnesotasportstwentyfourseven.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Vikes99ej View Post
      Jesus Christ give me Colt McCoy. I won't even think about that.
      Haha. I somehow don't see us going with Colt unless Chilly is gone. I really think we go defense in the first round next year. I actually really like the direction this team is going, aside from QB issue. Our needs are being properly addressed and we have few Pro Bowl caliber players with plenty of years left (Peterson, Allen, Kevin, Hutch).

Comment

Originally posted by hagy34 View Post
        Haha. I somehow don't see us going with Colt unless Chilly is gone. I really think we go defense in the first round next year. I actually really like the direction this team is going, aside from QB issue. Our needs are being properly addressed and we have few Pro Bowl caliber players with plenty of years left (Peterson, Allen, Kevin, Hutch).
        You can definitely throw Greenway and Henderson into the mix there, and possibly even Madeiu Williams if he can stay healthy. When he's healthy, Madeiu is an excellent safety. Plus we've got Pat who has 1 or 2 more top years left in him, and Antoine Winfield who has I'd say 3 or 4 more great years left in him. I agree, I love where this team is headed. If only we could get a QB.... But like discussed in the other thread Campbell is set to be a free agent next year, and other good young QBs have been on the block recently, like Brady Quinn and Cutler was even traded, so franchise QBs can be acquired if you're willing to pay for them.

sig by BK and avy by me
        Originally posted by A Perfect Score
        If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.

Comment

I really like that mock. But holy defense. Lol. I think we should try to trade up and go for someone like McCoy or Snead though.

sig by fenikz
          Originally posted by ImBrotherCain
          You are just a terrible person.
          Originally posted by bigbluedefense
          I have an iPhone.

Comment

I don't think much of McCoy as a pro prospect, and I don't expect us to be in a position to grab the Top QB's available in the draft next year so I think we'll have to look elsewhere. I'd be pretty excited about loading up on quality defensive prospects, but I'd also like to see another tackle thrown in the mix somewhere in the early to middle rounds. We could hedge our bets against McKinnie regressing/getting suspended and Loadholt potentially not panning out. Unless they feel Radovich is going to be a player I'd like to see some depth brought in. Overall though I like it at this point. :)

Comment

Green Bay
              Trevard Lindley cb Kentucky
              If Gb is picking somewher in the mid-late first(15-25) it could happen.

Lindleys Matchup vs Julio Jones in tuscaloosa will make or break his stock.

On Andrew Luck
              Originally posted by killxswitch
              People are expecting him to be some sort of alien defense-destroying robot QB and it's just not realistic.

Comment

Originally posted by jsa230 View Post
                Green Bay
                Trevard Lindley cb Kentucky
                If Gb is picking somewher in the mid-late first(15-25) it could happen.

Lindleys Matchup vs Julio Jones in tuscaloosa will make or break his stock.
                Why are you posting that in the vikings thread?

sig by fenikz
                I have an iPhone.

Comment

last year at this time, looking towards the next draft, I was saying the Vikes would be taking Malcolm Jenkins...unless we can lock up Winfield for another 2-4 years yet before next draft I think CB is a very likely 1st round pick for this team. The guys they have on the roster at DT (Evans especially) right now appear to be better starters at their position than the CB's do. But we'll see what we get out of Asher Allen this season.

Even if 'Toine gets the franchise tag, that's only one year, so looking ahead would still be a concern for this team.

Comment

Originally posted by vikes_29 View Post
                    Why are you posting that in the vikings thread?
                    Haha that's what I was thinking...

Comment

Originally posted by B-rand View Post
                      last year at this time, looking towards the next draft, I was saying the Vikes would be taking Malcolm Jenkins...unless we can lock up Winfield for another 2-4 years yet before next draft I think CB is a very likely 1st round pick for this team. The guys they have on the roster at DT (Evans especially) right now appear to be better starters at their position than the CB's do. But we'll see what we get out of Asher Allen this season.

Even if 'Toine gets the franchise tag, that's only one year, so looking ahead would still be a concern for this team.
                      Corner could be a top priority depending on Winfield's status, the development of Asher Allen and the play of Karl Paymah. I'm OK with our depth right now but if Winfield didn't get an extension and wasn't franchised we wouldn't really have a top guy. Even though Winfield is not a shutdown corner he's a playmaker and really helps out overall defense. Sadly though the CB class looks pretty weak right now for 2010, but a lot can change.

Comment

Like previously mentioned, unless Winfield gets another two or three years on his contract, I think cornerback will end up being the #1 need come April. Cedric Griffin is far from a #1.

However, if a deal is worked out between the two parties, then I would say:

1. QB
                        2. DT
                        3. OLB

My current mock has the team taking Colt McCoy with a late teen pick.

However, I would like to see the team get Ndamkong Suh or maybe Greg Hardy.

BoneKruser with the DOPE sig

Comment

Originally posted by JFLO View Post
                          Like previously mentioned, unless Winfield gets another two or three years on his contract, I think cornerback will end up being the #1 need come April. Cedric Griffin is far from a #1.

1. QB
                          2. DT
                          3. OLB

Colt McCoy FTL.

sig by fenikz
                          I have an iPhone.

Comment

Originally posted by JFLO View Post

1. QB
                            2. DT
                            3. OLB

I'd put DE over OLB. I'd rather have an upgrade over Edwards than Leber. Plus, Edwards is a free agent next year. Also, I don't think that McCoy is a 1st round pick. I think he's more of an early 2nd rounder, but if we are picking in the late teens, then we missed the playoffs, which means we'll have a new coach and that our QBs didn't play well enough, so QB would have a good shot at being the pick.

sig by BK and avy by me
                            If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.

Comment

Well we are pretty much at the half way point and I'm wondering how people's thoughts have changed. It looks like we'll be picking anywhere from 28-32. So how about it? Lets hear some needs and possible 1st round selections.

I think it is important that we get Ray Edwards resigned first off. He's been good this year and this way we wouldn't have to spend a draft choice on a DE. I'm going to assume we get him back so our focus moves away from DE.

Top 3 Needs:
                              - QB - I'm in the camp that thinks Favre will be back in 2010. I believe this would be a great chance for us to take a QB and let him watch for an entire year.

- S - This really hinges on how TJohnson and MWilliams play for the rest of the season but I'm worried about them. It seems like a wasted choice because we expected more from these guys but something will need to be done if their poor play continues.

- DT - Pat Williams hasn't been great this season and it seems obvious that he'll need to be replaced sooner than later. Late in the 1st round might offer some good value for a defensive tackle to bolster our already premiere defensive front.

Possible 2010 1st Round Selections:
                              - I'd love to see Sam Bradford fall or us move up a bit to get him.
                              - Nate Allen should be there for us late in the 1st and he seems like a nice upgrade from the play we've seen so far.
                              - Marvin Austin or Arthur Jones are two options for us in the late 1st as well.
                              - This probably won't be popular but I believe that because of the talent on our roster we could go BPA. If we lose Chester in the offseason and CJ Spiller falls I'd be all for jumping on him. He's another gamebreaker that would give us plenty of value in the late 1st and would surround our future QB with even more talent.

Comment

Originally posted by hagy34 View Post
                                Well we are pretty much at the half way point and I'm wondering how people's thoughts have changed. It looks like we'll be picking anywhere from 28-32. So how about it? Lets hear some needs and possible 1st round selections.

I think it is important that we get Ray Edwards resigned first off. He's been good this year and this way we wouldn't have to spend a draft choice on a DE. I'm going to assume we get him back so our focus moves away from DE.

Top 3 Needs:
                                - QB - I'm in the camp that thinks Favre will be back in 2010. I believe this would be a great chance for us to take a QB and let him watch for an entire year.

- S - This really hinges on how TJohnson and MWilliams play for the rest of the season but I'm worried about them. It seems like a wasted choice because we expected more from these guys but something will need to be done if their poor play continues.

- DT - Pat Williams hasn't been great this season and it seems obvious that he'll need to be replaced sooner than later. Late in the 1st round might offer some good value for a defensive tackle to bolster our already premiere defensive front.

Possible 2010 1st Round Selections:
                                - I'd love to see Sam Bradford fall or us move up a bit to get him.
                                - Nate Allen should be there for us late in the 1st and he seems like a nice upgrade from the play we've seen so far.
                                - Marvin Austin or Arthur Jones are two options for us in the late 1st as well.
                                - This probably won't be popular but I believe that because of the talent on our roster we could go BPA. If we lose Chester in the offseason and CJ Spiller falls I'd be all for jumping on him. He's another gamebreaker that would give us plenty of value in the late 1st and would surround our future QB with even more talent.
                                QB is definitely our #1 need, no doubt about it. After that, I say we should go bpa. I hope Bradford falls so we can jump up a little bit to get him, as I don't think he'll last to the 28-32 range where we'll likely be picking. Right now, he is about the only QB who I would think about taking early, other than Clausen and Locker, who will be long gone if they do come out. Ryan Mallett has been wearing on me, and I kind of like the idea of taking him in the first if he lasts and let him sit and learn under Favre, who had similar accuracy issues in college.

DE would be a big need if we don't resign Edwards, who is playing great, but could very well get big money in FA if he keeps it up, and I don't think we'd be willing or able to pay him big bucks with the other guys we've got on the DL. If he leaves, then I think DE is our #2 need behind only QB; if he stays, then it isn't a need at all, with us having good depth in Robison and even Jayme Mitchell is ok for depth.

S is looking like it will be a need, but imo, Johnson has picked up his play lately, and that Madeiu Williams is the one who is struggling the most, but he had an improved game last week against Detroit. If they don't pick it up, then I think S will be a need, but I honestly would be a little surprised to see us take one early, or at all. Childress and co. have shown that they don't like to give up on guys early, and for the most part it has worked out, ie., Shiancoe, Griffin, etc. and with all the money we paid to Madeiu and the early selection we used on Johnson, it'd almost be admitting a mistake if they gave up on them now.

DT is another one I'm on the fence with, Kennedy and Evans, particularly Kennedy have played well when given a chance, and could get a shot to replace Pat. If a DT does fall, I'd like to see us grab one, but I def. wouldn't reach for one in the first.

CJ Spiller is someone that I don't think will be there, but very well could, and I hope we don't take him. He is very good at the same stuff as Harvin. Both are great at returning kicks and screen passes. Harvin can run the ball some too, which Spiller is more prolific at. Adrian has really improved on his receiving and blitz pick up skills, so we won't really need someone just to come in on 3rd down. We will still need someone to spell AD, but I'm not so sure that Albert Young or Ian Johnson can't do that. We would probably want to protect ourselves in case of an injury to AD though so I could see us taking a RB, but not one in the first round like Spiller.

OLB is another one that I've seen and I know there are some people here, who would love to see us take someone like, uh, say Travis Lewis *cough cough* vikes 29 *cough cough*. I don't know about that one, Leber has played well for us and is only 30, but is a FA after next season. So like we've done before with guys like Sullivan and Johnson, I could see us take someone this year and let them sit and groom them to take over for Leber after his contract is up like in the above cases with Birk and Sharper.

CB is another position I have seen mocks having us taking in the first or 2nd. A lot of them with Patrick Robinson, who is one of 2 CBs I think are worthy of a 1st(the other one is Joe Haden). I am one of those that doesn't like that though. Winfield can still play and Griffin has played real well lately, with Sapp playing well in the nickel, and Asher Allen making a few plays in the limited opportunities he has got. With those guys, I think we're fine at CB, barring another injury from Winfield, who has been a durable guy. Sapp and Paymah are both FAs, but I think we could resign at least one of them for cheap.

G/C is another position I have seen, and I am not a big fan of taking either of those positions early, especially C. Sullivan has played real well lately, and quite well all season. Herrera isn't a pro bowl G like he is being voted as, but he is a decent RG and while he could be upgraded, he is a good player, and is not holding us back too much, if at all.

FB is one of those minor positions, but we def. could use one as Tahi blows, although Dugan has looked good in his time at FB.

I think that pretty much covered all positions that are at least possible needs.
                                As far as order goes, it hinges on us resigning Edwards, if we do, then QB is our lone huge need, and after that, it depends on how guys play from here on out. I'd say just go bpa.
                                If we don't resign Edwards, then I'd say QB and DE are our only two huge needs, and then we can draft based on who falls.

As far as a dream draft, I'd say(with us resigning Edwards):
                                1. Sam Bradford QB Oklahoma
                                2. Darrell Stuckey S Kansas
                                3. Boo Robinson DT Wake Forest
                                I'm only going to do up to 3 rounds for now, as I don't have time to do the rest, and it's way too early to be worrying about 6th and 7th round picks.
                                Last edited by marshallb; 11-18-2009, 08:15 PM. Reason: made it easier to read

sig by BK and avy by me

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information