If the 2010 draft was tomorrow....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If the 2010 draft was tomorrow....

What would our top three needs be? And who would we take in round one?

I'd probably say:
    QB, DT, DE

I'd love to see us take any of the following, it obviously depends where we were drafting:

-Terrance Cody: Eventual replacement for Pat Williams. A giant space eater who would open things up for Kevin Williams and Jared Allen.

-Jevan Snead: At this point it looks like he will be the 2nd rated QB. I don't know if we will be picking high enough to land him though.

-Greg Hardy: A great defensive end who should be awesome opposite Jared Allen.
    Last edited by hagy34; 04-29-2009, 09:20 PM.

I'd probably agree with you on the needs.
    For players though I'd go with:
    QB: Jevan Snead, but like you said I don't think we'll be picking high enough to take him, and right now I don't think there is another 1st round QB after him.
    DT: I don't like Cody, to me he is nothing but a run stuffer, and while Pat doesn't offer much of a pass rush, in his prime, he was good at getting a push up the middle. I like guys like Suh, Oghobaase, and DeMarcus Granger. They ay not be 330 lb. run stuffers, but they are big, strong, and can still get after the QB and can be 3 down DTs, not just 2 down guys like Cody would be, or Pat is now.
    DE: I'd say Everson Griffin from USC, Hardy like you said, Brandon Graham from Michigan, and Corey Wootton from Northwestern. I think all of those guys would be studs.

I'd rank the needs QB(depending on play this year), DT, and DE. After that, I wouldn't really know where to go. I suppose you could always say TE, CB if we somehow can't resign Winfield, and maybe OLB to upgrade Leber.

The good news is depending on which underclassmen come out, all of those positions could be loaded. At QB, after Bradford and Snead, you have Colt McCoy, Jimmy Clausen(underclassman), Jake Locker, and a guy I really like, Tony Pike. At DT, you have the guys I mentioned plus Gerald McCoy, Marvin Austin(NC), Allen Bailey(Miami(FL)*, etc. At DE, you have the guys I mentioned and Carlos Dunlap, plus a lot of guys like Selvie, Austin English, Greg Romeus(Pitt), Jeremy Beal(Okla), Ricky Sapp(Clemson), Greg Middleton(Indiana), etc.

If things go the way they should, next year is going to be a sick draft for defensive linemen. Overall, next year's draft should be really good. So far it looks weak at CB, RB, and to me there isn't a whole lot at OT, at least as far as studs go. I think there could be 5 or 6 OTs that could go in the 1st, but to me at least right now, I don't see anyone worthy of a top 5 pick, and only Okung imo would even be a top 10 pick right now.

sig by BK and avy by me
    Originally posted by A Perfect Score
    If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.

Comment

There should be a lot of great value across the board next year. QB is an obvious need, Pat is eventually going to need to be replaced, but I also think it's time to look for an LT. Doesn't have to be in the 1st, but McKinnie is getting a bit older, is always a suspension risk, and I think he's pretty average to begin with. We have a lot of good players who are getting a little older so we'll need to restock with some youth next year. We likely won't be picking high enough for a QB, so I'd say addressing both lines will take priority.

Comment

A line of Carlos Dunlap, Kevin Williams, Pat Williams, Jared Allen would make me drool. There is just no way in hell we will be in position to take the man beast and if we were picking that high we would almost certainly go QB.

Comment

If the 2010 draft was tomorrow..I'd wonder what the **** I did for the last year.

Comment

I would say it depends on weather or not Winfield re signs with us and also how well Tyrell Johnson plays this year. DT and QB are for sures but I would also add CB and S.

Every year under Chilly we have alternated offense and defense with our 1st 2 picks so I would guess next year will be a DT and a DB with the 1st 2 picks.

Comment

I love next years DT class I am glad they didn't use a premium pick on DT this year. I think the Vikings will be targeting a replacement for Pat Williams in the first next year.

Comment

by the time i was done reading the thread name, colt mccoy popped in my head. he should be in the range we will be able to trade to from our 32nd over all pick
                oh noes!!1! i've been rep raped

Comment

Originally posted by russie View Post
                  by the time i was done reading the thread name, colt mccoy popped in my head. he should be in the range we will be able to trade to from our 32nd over all pick

Colt McCoy is a 2nd rounder at best. Also if Sage or Tjack lead us to a superbowl we wont be replacing them we'll be extending them.

Comment

Originally posted by BGB View Post
                    Colt McCoy is a 2nd rounder at best. Also if Sage or Tjack lead us to a superbowl we wont be replacing them we'll be extending them.
                    Jesus i hope RosenFAIL doesn't lead us to a superbowl. If he does then Tavaris Jackson seriously FAILS!

sig by fenikz
                    Originally posted by ImBrotherCain
                    You are just a terrible person.
                    Originally posted by bigbluedefense
                    I have an iPhone.

Comment

I really don't care who leads us to a Superbowl; Favre, TJack, Rosefels, hell even Tebow. I just want SOMEONE to lead us there.

Comment

I figured that I'd do a way too early 7 round Vikings mock draft, without any compensatory picks included. It may be terrible, but it is a mixture of my thoughts on where players should go and about where Walter Football has them projected to go, and our needs, so here it is(I'd have us picking about where we picked this year):

1. Greg Hardy DE Ole Miss

2. DeMarcus Granger DT Oklahoma

3. Rico McCoy OLB Tennessee

4. Garret Graham TE Wisconsin

5. Tony Pike QB Cincinnati

6. Cory Jackson FB Maryland

7. Garrett Anderson C South Carolina

Please rip it apart and tell me what you think. Just remember that this is almost a year in advance, and there have been no college football games this year, so a lot will change.
                        Last edited by marshallb; 05-02-2009, 12:37 PM.

sig by BK and avy by me
                        If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.

Comment

I like it a lot. The nice thing about adding Harvin this year (assuming he stays in the league!) is that we pretty much have skill positions set. Peterson, Berrian and Harvin will be on this team for years to come. We can continue to look for a QB and just refine the defense and offensive line in this next draft.

Comment

Originally posted by hagy34 View Post
                            I like it a lot. The nice thing about adding Harvin this year (assuming he stays in the league!) is that we pretty much have skill positions set. Peterson, Berrian and Harvin will be on this team for years to come. We can continue to look for a QB and just refine the defense and offensive line in this next draft.
                            Yes, and if Rice can stay healthy and play up to his talent level, our skill position spots will be very good for many years. Now we just have to get ourselves a QB...

sig by BK and avy by me

Comment

Any mock with us getting Garrett Graham is ok by me Good job.
                              Originally posted by Scott Wright
                              I could also go on a rant about how Uncle Joe from Willky Wonka is a major dick.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information