Quarterback Situation

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by the_legend_killer View Post
    Bring back Brooks Bollinger and give him the job.
    Brooks Bollinger FTL. I would have to say Tavaris Jackson. He knows that he wants to be a starter in the NFL. And maybe trading for RosenFAIL was a way to get Jackson's ass in gear. I'm not too huge on Favre. He would be a waste of money and a roster spot IMO. I think next year we should trade for Jason Campbell or Donovan McNabb.

sig by fenikz
    Originally posted by ImBrotherCain
    You are just a terrible person.
    Originally posted by bigbluedefense
    I have an iPhone.

Comment

Originally posted by vikes_29 View Post
      I think next year we should trade for Jason Campbell or Donovan McNabb.
      Jason Campbell is a FA next year.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure

Comment

Originally posted by The Dynasty View Post
        Jason Campbell is a FA next year.
        ZOMG!!!!! It's just like it was meant to be!

sig by fenikz
        I have an iPhone.

Comment

Well I'll start with surprisingly overated Sage Rosenfels. He is a guy that can be a decent spot starter for injuries and can play well off the bench. However Sage Rosenfels should not be a starting NFL QB. Over the past two years Sage started 10 games with the Texans. Sage Rosenfels record in those starts is 6-4 which isn't bad. However in that time frame this guy has thrown 22 interceptions on 414 attempted passes, thats 1 Int every 19 passes. I really don't see why this guy gets any love as a full time starter. The only good thing about gettin him is that they didn't waste a 2nd round on him last year and instead got him for a 4th.

Now as for incumbent Tarvaris Jackson, he has had good and mostly bad moments. However this will be his 4th year in the system so that already should give him an advantage over Sage. Also comparing him to sage over the same 2 season time period jackson has started 17 games the past 2 years. His record in the 17 starts is 10-7 which isn't bad either. The biggest difference is that Tarvaris Jackson believe it or not has thrown 8 less interceptions. The past 2 seasons he attempted 443 passes and has thrown 14 interceptions thats 1 Int every 31 attempts. Jackson still has a lot to work on but I will take him over Sage Rosenfels.

However the best option at QB for the Vikings is a 40 year old Brett Favre is the Vikings. Yes I said it. He is very familiar with the WCO and had success with a similar one with McCarthy in GB. But Brett Favre does tend to turn the ball over himself, and he led the league in ints last year. However I think that has more to do with being older and still throwing the ball 522 times last year. He won't be asked to throw as much in Minnesota with the Adrian Peterson and their running game. However in those games in which the Vikings get behind and have to pass a lot he will be capable of taking over and winning it for the Vikings. That is what seperates him from the other 2 options is that even at 40 he can win the passing games for the Vikings.

1.Brett Favre
          2.Tarvaris Jackson
          3.Sage Rosenfels.

Comment

Like I said boys a Favre deal is iminent. The behind the scenes stuff is done and now Chilly is metting him face to face. This thing is a done deal from what I know.

Comment

Jason Campbell actually would be a nice addition and it definitely seems like he'll be an option next year. As for this year, people cannot honestly think that TJack or Sage gives us a better shot in 2009 than Brett. I just think that is outrageous. Favre has the ability to win us games. He wasn't great last year in NY but he'd be surronded by much better weapons here in Minnesota. Teams will still respect Favre's ability to throw and Adrian will run wild.

Comment

Well...Looks like BGB could be right again.

Childress to meet with Favre
                May 5th, 2009 – 4:39 PM by Chip Scoggins

ESPN’s Ed Werder is reporting that Vikings coach Brad Childress will meet with Brett Favre at an undisclosed location this week. Here is the report.

According to the report, the two are going to discuss whether Favre wants to come out of retirement and join the Vikings this season and that Favre will make a decision soon afterward. Werder writes that the team wants Favre to participate in offseason minicamps.

Childress left open the possibility of Favre joining the team when asked about it during the rookie minicamp this past weekend. Childress said the team had not discussed it but probably would do so.

The biggest issue is Favre’s health, specifically his right arm. Werder wrote that Favre has not been working out and did not have surgery on his torn biceps tendon, which caused his production to drop dramatically at the end of last season with the Jets. Favre apparently believes the injury can heal without surgery.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure

Comment

If Favre signs, does that mean that Jackson does not get re-signed next off-season?

I really don't see the QB position being solidly filled with any of these QB's. Will getting Brett get us closer to the Sam Bradford/Colt McCoy sweepstakes next draft?

Comment

It's not the Bradford/McCoy sweepstakes it's the Bradford/Snead sweepstakes. Landing Snead would be money! His game is actually a lot like Favres. Great arm and tough as nails. McCoy is a fraud! McCoy's ceiling as an NFL player is Jeff Garcia in my opinion.

Comment

I'm sorry but I don't think I want this team in the Bradford/Whoever sweepstakes. I'd love to have one of those guys, but I'd rather have them win now. I'm not going to be excited about missing the playoffs regardless of who we could possibly draft, that isn't the point of the NFL.

Lets worry about improving the team we have right now, not the 2010 NFL draft which is over 350 days away.

Comment

Originally posted by hagy34 View Post
                        I'm sorry but I don't think I want this team in the Bradford/Whoever sweepstakes. I'd love to have one of those guys, but I'd rather have them win now. I'm not going to be excited about missing the playoffs regardless of who we could possibly draft, that isn't the point of the NFL.

Lets worry about improving the team we have right now, not the 2010 NFL draft which is over 350 days away.
                        I was thinking more along the lines of winning this year and then making a move up in the draft to land someone like Snead. Although we will need to replace Pat Williams and possibly Winfield. That can probably be done in free agency though.

Sage or Favre could then be the one year bridge to our future stud QB like Snead

Comment

I wouldn't be against that whole idea, I'm just against the people who keep saying that bringing in Favre screws us in the future. As of now we don't have a QB of the future.

Comment

damnit. my lack of want for favre has cursed us! FAIL

sig by fenikz
                            I have an iPhone.

Comment

Originally posted by hagy34 View Post

I agree, but seeing a prospect like that just makes one salivate sometimes...

Comment

I want T-Jack to be no part of the Vikings, sorry. I just cant get out of my head some of the terrible throws he seemed to make on a consistant basis. His poor decision making and lack of progress, yeah i'm over him. It amazes me that a lot of you who support him seem to block out all of the terrible throws/plays from last season. I dont buy into that cards game. Arizona was so bad that day, anyone could have smoked them.

My rankings:

1. 50 year old Favre
                                2. Rosenfail
                                3. T-Jack
                                4. JDB (never a fan of this pick)

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information