Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Obscure Vikings of the Past (namedrop time)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One of my favorites had to be Chris Walsh. Dude was a beast on special teams.
    SKOL VIKINGS!

Comment

Harold Morrow
      Originally posted by Scott Wright
      I could also go on a rant about how Uncle Joe from Willky Wonka is a major dick.

Comment

Qadry Ismail
        Henry Thomas
        Fuad Reveiz
        Hunter Goodwin
        Stalin Colinet
        Corbin Lacina
        Keith Thibodeaux
        Greg Biekert
        Patrick Chukwurah
        Bob "the Beast" Sapp

Comment

Originally posted by Vikings4ever View Post
          Qadry Ismail
          Henry Thomas
          Fuad Reveiz
          Hunter Goodwin
          Stalin Colinet
          Corbin Lacina
          Keith Thibodeaux
          Greg Biekert
          Patrick Chukwurah
          Bob "the Beast" Sapp
          You know your defense was bad when you were excited to pick up Greg Biekart

Comment

Wasswa Serwanga- a potential young corner that never turned out
            Dale Carter- one of many potential saviors at corner
            Duane Clemons- punched Flozell Adams in the balls, hilarious!
            Jake Reed- one of the most underrated receivers ever.
            Jeff George- real bad ass quarterback that had success because of Randy.
            Eric Kelly- one of the worst draft choices, horrible corner, just horrible

Comment

I rember Amp Lee because he was originally drafted by the 49ers. I don't know if QB Tommy Kramer is obscure enough, but when I was like 6 or 7 my grandparents, who were from Minnesota, bought by a Tommy Kramer jersey/T-shirt.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack

Comment

Doug Chapman
                Andrew Jordan
                Robert Tate
                Kailee Wong

Comment

Doug Chapman
                  Andrew Jordan
                  Robert Tate
                  Kailee Wong
                  Doug Chapman had some promise now, even though they got him basically because he was teammates with Moss. He had a nice little build to him and could play a little. Robert Tate was flat out horrible, thank goodness the Vikings actually have corner backs now, the corners the Vikings had in the past are just pathetic! Kailee Wong, another horrible Viking defender, but he was good with the fans and thus the fans like him, just like they liked Michael Bennett. And I guess in a way it is nice, sign some autographs, smile and be nice, better than the way other athletes act, still does not make either real good football players however.

Comment

My memories of Robert Tate and Kailee Wong were only good ones.

sig by fenikz
                    Originally posted by ImBrotherCain
                    You are just a terrible person.
                    Originally posted by bigbluedefense
                    I have an iPhone.

Comment

Originally posted by Ozzy View Post
                      Kailee Wong, another horrible Viking defender
                      I wouldnt say horrible, maybe average. Didnt he lead the team in tackles one season? And I believe he was a solid starter for Houston for a couple years.

Robert Tate was flat out horrible
                      I remember him being a pretty decent at nickel, and return man.

Comment

I just never liked the kid, maybe it is just me. Or maybe it was the hype around him being some type of savior for the Vikings defense, and the leader of the defensive turn around. When really he did nothing of the sort, still got all the press and all the love in the world though because he is a good kid and a good guy. Still not a game changing inside linebacker by any means in my book.

Leading a crappy defense in tackles is not impressive, just ask Paris Lenon on the Detroit.

These are his statistics, not all that impressive if you are talking great players. If it is impressive to just play and or start in the NFL, then yes he was extremely successful.
                        http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/foo...310/index.html

Comment

I remember him being a pretty decent at nickel, and return man.
                          Are we thinking of the same player here? He was a converted receiver, and had to come over to defense because they had probably the worst collection of corners in the NFL. Sure he played but so did Serwanga and Ramos McDonald. The caliber of corners, back then, even if people remember him being "ok", which I don't at all, it is only because compared to the rest of the crap, he looked good.

Sorry I brought this up, but it is a telling photo ;o)

Kind of like saying some of the worst NFL corners would look great against college players, well yeah because the level of competition is lower.

Comment

Are we thinking of the same player here? He was a converted receiver, and had to come over to defense because they had probably the worst collection of corners in the NFL. Sure he played but so did Serwanga and Ramos McDonald. The caliber of corners, back then, even if people remember him being "ok", which I don't at all, it is only because compared to the rest of the crap, he looked good.

Sorry I brought this up, but it is a telling photo ;o)

Kind of like saying some of the worst NFL corners would look great against college players, well yeah because the level of competition is lower.
                            Your right, that blow out was completly the fault of Robert Tate, forgive me, I forgot.

Comment

I remember every CB stepping in for the Vikings after Hitchcock left until 2003 or so being a vortex of sucktitude. Or, and Henri Crockett too.
                              Originally posted by Scott Wright
                              I could also go on a rant about how Uncle Joe from Willky Wonka is a major dick.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information