• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• marshallb
    replied
    Originally posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
    All of you who hated on the Percy pick suck :(

At least he proved the doubters wrong. Loved the pick at the time, love it even more now. Weed is by far the weakest red flag there is.
    I agree with you there, that was never any of my concerns with Percy, like I said, my concern was how we'd use him, or should I say not use him.

Leave a comment:

• Dr. Gonzo
    replied
    All of you who hated on the Percy pick suck :(

At least he proved the doubters wrong. Loved the pick at the time, love it even more now. Weed is by far the weakest red flag there is.

Leave a comment:

• marshallb
    replied
    Originally posted by General Zod View Post
    Well, I was dead wrong about Percy. I hope im wrong about this guy too.

as do I. I didn't think the problem with Percy was/would be his talent, it was that I didn't think we'd use him properly, giving him enough handoffs, reverses, screens, etc. We did though, but he also proved me a bit wrong with how good he was as a middle of the field receiver, not just the quick passes or the go routes.

My problem with Gerhart is the fit. I think he has enough talent, but I don't like the fit, he hasn't shown he can be a receiver, maybe he'll prove to be a good receiver, who knows, all I know is that he didn't do it in college. He's supposed to be a good blocking back which I like though, I just don't see the need for another power back, unless we're gonna go back to grinding it out on the ground, which I don't like the idea of as it's pretty well been proven, with only a few small exceptions, that it just doesn't win games in the NFL anymore.

Leave a comment:

• General Zod
    replied
    Well, I was dead wrong about Percy. I hope im wrong about this guy too.

Leave a comment:

• marshallb
    replied
    Originally posted by contento View Post
    I live in the woods ya see. Just the wife and the kids and the dogs and me.

So I don't get draft news in a timely manner, my apologies.
    No need to apologize, I was just a bit surprised is all.

Leave a comment:

• contento
    replied
    Originally posted by marshallb View Post
    You just found that out???? That was first reported Friday morning, the day affter the first round.

I live in the woods ya see. Just the wife and the kids and the dogs and me.

So I don't get draft news in a timely manner, my apologies.

Leave a comment:

• marshallb
    replied
    Viking Update reported that we were on the phone with Kyle Wilson when the Jets selected him....piss!!!!!!

He would've looked so nice in a Vikings jersey.
    You just found that out???? That was first reported Friday morning, the day affter the first round.

Leave a comment:

• contento
    replied
    Viking Update reported that we were on the phone with Kyle Wilson when the Jets selected him....piss!!!!!!

He would've looked so nice in a Vikings jersey.

Leave a comment:

• BlueBandit24
    replied
    Man, I had finally forgotten about. The worst part is that Madieu doesn't really even make an attempt to wrap anyone up...he just kind of dry-humps the ball-carrier. I hope Cook has a future at safety because that duo is hard to watch.

Leave a comment:

• prock
    replied
    Everson Griffen is an "energetic pass rusher"?

That's why most of his production came against slow-footed bum Sam Young, and that's why he couldn't notch a sack the last half of the season?

Griffen is an energetic pass rusher the same way Madieu Williams is a sure tackler, which is to say, occasionally.

This still gives me nightmares.

Leave a comment:

• FuzzyGopher
    replied
    In Griffen's defense he said he had a turf toe injury the last half of last year. Madieu Williams does suck balls though.

Leave a comment:

• contento
    replied
    Everson Griffen is an "energetic pass rusher"?

That's why most of his production came against slow-footed bum Sam Young, and that's why he couldn't notch a sack the last half of the season?

Griffen is an energetic pass rusher the same way Madieu Williams is a sure tackler, which is to say, occasionally.

Leave a comment:

• russie
    replied
    one writer at nfl.com gave the vikings the best draft in the nfc north

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story?id=09...s&confirm=true

Minnesota Vikings: B+
    The Vikings routinely draft well by sticking to their philosophy of taking the best available player regardless of position. In adhering to the premise this year, they came away with three players (Chris Cook, Toby Gerhart and Everson Griffen) that could be key contributors in 2010. The selection of Griffen, in particular, was a great pick because he carried borderline first-round grades on most draft boards across the league until character concerns led to an unexpected drop during the draft. Given their talent-rich haul at value prices, the Vikings deserve kudos for their management of draft.

Key picks:

Round 2 (34th overall): Chris Cook, CB, Virginia
    In adding the rangy cover man in Cook, the Vikings have a young player to plug in if Cedric Griffin is unable to start at corner come Week 1. Given Cook's size, athleticism and length, he should excel in the Vikings' two-deep scheme.

Round 2 (51st overall): Toby Gerhart, RB, Stanford
    Although Adrian Peterson remains the workhorse, Gerhart has the versatile skill set to contribute as a rotational player in the backfield. With his toughness and all-around skills, Gerhart is an ideal fit.

Round 4 (100th overall): Everson Griffen, DE, Southern California
    The energetic pass rusher has excellent initial quickness, and Griffen's ability to pressure the pocket will undoubtedly earn him minutes in a deep Vikings' rotation. This is an excellent value pick, regardless of his off-field issues.

Leave a comment:

• yo123
    replied
    As awesome as Harvin is, I'm still not sure I wouldn't rather have Oher. McKinnie's production took a pretty big dip last year and Oher is going to be a stud LT for a long time which I value more than a receiver.

I'm definitely not complaining though, Harvin is the man.

Leave a comment:

• prock
    replied
    Originally posted by djp View Post
    Just a reminder fellas.. let's not jump to any conclusions until a few years from now. Remember, lots of us (including myself) disliked the Harvin pick last year as well.
    I loved me some Harvin :)

He who has no sin cast the first stone, and I am one for one, so I think I can be as critical of an asshole as I want until I am wrong!!! Which will probably be this year...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X

Debug Information