Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2010 Draft Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by BlueBandit24 View Post
    Man, I had finally forgotten about. The worst part is that Madieu doesn't really even make an attempt to wrap anyone up...he just kind of dry-humps the ball-carrier. I hope Cook has a future at safety because that duo is hard to watch.
    Is Tyrell Johnson not doing too well?
    Virginia Tech.
    ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

    Next Up: 2012

    Comment


    • Originally posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
      Is Tyrell Johnson not doing too well?
      no, not really. He's pretty much struggled in every thing, taking bad angles, no ball skills, not much for missed tackles, but he hasn't shown to be the surest tackler. I still have some hope for him, but he hasn't shown much of anything yet.

      He was even replaced in the starting line-up by 7th round rookie Jamarca Sanford at one point.
      Last edited by marshallb; 05-01-2010, 11:46 AM.

      sig by BK and avy by me
      Originally posted by A Perfect Score
      If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
        Is Tyrell Johnson not doing too well?
        Yea, he's struggled quite a bit. marshallb pretty much nailed it - he's failed to impress in many aspects. He still has a chance to improve but I don't think many are optimistic about his future at this point.

        Comment


        • And as bad as Tyrell Johnson has been, Manure Williams has been worse. Tyrell is a slightly better tackler, but it still needs improved. Im not ready to totally give up on him yet.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by General Zod View Post
            And as bad as Tyrell Johnson has been, Manure Williams has been worse. Tyrell is a slightly better tackler, but it still needs improved. Im not ready to totally give up on him yet.
            Exactly. Tyrell is slightly better than Madeiu, but that's not saying much.

            sig by BK and avy by me
            Originally posted by A Perfect Score
            If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by marshallb View Post
              no, not really. He's pretty much struggled in every thing, taking bad angles, no ball skills, not much for missed tackles, but he hasn't shown to be the surest tackler. I still have some hope for him, but he hasn't shown much of anything yet.

              He was even replaced in the starting line-up by 7th round rookie Jamarca Sanford at one point.
              And in that short time Jamarca clearly looked like our best safety, as sad as that is. As a whole, I'm pretty sure Sanford is the only safety of ours that I have any hope for to be honest. Johnson just looks clueless on the field and is always at least a second late to react and Madieu is just awful at everything he attempts to do.
              SKOL VIKINGS!


              Comment


              • What I dont get is, Tyrells rookie season he started 6 games I think when Williams was hurt his first year on the team. Tyrell had rookie mistakes but didnt play that bad at all. Same for Williams, when he got healthy that year he came in and played pretty decent. So wtf happened last year?! lol They made me wished that we'd kept Sharper.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by DHVF View Post
                  And in that short time Jamarca clearly looked like our best safety, as sad as that is. As a whole, I'm pretty sure Sanford is the only safety of ours that I have any hope for to be honest. Johnson just looks clueless on the field and is always at least a second late to react and Madieu is just awful at everything he attempts to do.
                  I thought that overall Jamarca didnt play that bad really. He still has to adjust to angles at the pro level. And not worry so much about making the big hit, but wrapping up, ya know.

                  Comment


                  • I think the problem that people have with Gerhart is that they are expecting him to replace what Chester Taylor did for this offense. They are expecting him to be a 3rd down back that will catch passes and pass block etc. However I think the coaches will try to install a more power run offense that will hopefully cut down on the amount of passes Favre has to make, and limit the amount of hits he takes. We still have Reynaud (a former receiver) and Albert Young who are both more than capable of catching passes out of the backfield on 3rd downs.

                    Comment


                    • We invested sooo much in Madieu, which is why it pisses me off that he sucks so bad. IDK, let's give him another couple of games to see if he can redeem himself.

                      sig by fenikz
                      Originally posted by ImBrotherCain
                      You are just a terrible person.
                      Originally posted by bigbluedefense
                      I have an iPhone.

                      Comment


                      • Williams is weird because his 1st year here when he was hurt the pass defense was awful. And then when he came back the secondary looked pretty good, and he was making plays left and right. However last year he was absolutely dreadful and looked like an UDFA missing tackles and blowing coverages.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by FuzzyGopher View Post
                          Williams is weird because his 1st year here when he was hurt the pass defense was awful. And then when he came back the secondary looked pretty good, and he was making plays left and right. However last year he was absolutely dreadful and looked like an UDFA missing tackles and blowing coverages.
                          It really was an odd regression. He came back from the neck injury in 2008 and played solid football, really aiding our secondary. Then last year he's set to go right out of the gates and it's as though he completely forgot how to be successful. There's some talent there so hopefully last year was just an anomaly.

                          Comment


                          • The Gerhart pick is something that will have to grow on me during the season. I wasn't completely happy with spending a premium pick on a pure backup, but that's not an indictment of Toby's skills because he should be a ncie fit in the offense. Hopefully he can absorb some of that short-yardage/goal-line punishment and keep AD fresh throughout the course of the year and keep some mileage off his tires as his career moves forward.

                            Comment


                            • this draft is hard to digest. First we made the best move of the day moving down and gaining a couple picks.
                              then the second day we blew it time and time again
                              Im not a big fan of any of the draft pix to be honest

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X

                              Debug Information