2010 Draft Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by djp View Post
    I wonder if we will look at a guy like Toby Gerhart at the end of Round 1 with Chester Taylor being a UFA. Maybe even a guy like Jahvid Best falls if he comes out.
    Gerhart is a giant no. He's a big, bruising, between the tackles type guy and that's not what we need if Chester leaves. I already said I'd be on board with a guy like Spiller assuming there's no option at QB for us. That being said RB would be a HUGE luxury in round one and I'd prefer we look the defensive side of the ball if there isn't an option at QB.
    Last edited by hagy34; 11-23-2009, 02:03 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

Spiller would be an awesome pick. But I'd rather go QB or S there.

sig by fenikz
      Originally posted by ImBrotherCain
      You are just a terrible person.
      Originally posted by bigbluedefense
      I have an iPhone.

Comment

Originally posted by vikes_29 View Post
        Spiller would be an awesome pick. But I'd rather go QB or S there.
        Me too but there has gotta be someone there who's worth it. I have a feeling we'll have to move up a little to grab a QB and I'm undecided on who will be there at S. Time will tell....

Comment

1. Safety
          2. Safety
          3. Safety
          4. Safety
          5. Safety
          6. Safety
          7. Safety

And pray to God that one of them pans out.

Comment

That game last night really shows we need a S big time. Nate Allen is sounding pretty damn good to me or someone like Earl Thomas if he comes out.

As of right now, I want us to resign Edwards, and then in round 1 take either a QB if there is a worthy one available or if not a S.

Also, what do you guys think about signing Campbell this offseason, he looked really good yesterday and has looked quite good the past couple games with the Skins weapons. I know this was brought up this offseason on here, and most people liked the idea, I just want to know how opinions have changed.

sig by BK and avy by me
            Originally posted by A Perfect Score
            If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.

Comment

Originally posted by hagy34 View Post
              Gerhart is a giant no. He's a big, bruising, between the tackles type guy and that's not what we need if Chester leaves. I already said I'd be on board with a guy like Spiller assuming there's no option at QB for us. That being said RB would be a HUGE luxury in round one and I'd prefer we look the defensive side of the ball if there isn't an option at QB.
              Gerhart fits into any system. Chester goes between the tackles more effectively than outside imo. Spiller ain't falling to us. Gerhart would allow us to absolutely batter teams.
              "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

Comment

I hope we take a chance on Jimmy Graham from Miami. He is a 6'8 260 lb TE that is in his first year of college football after playing power forward on Miami's basketball team.

He has every tool in the book physically. Guy got better every single game Miami played and could potentially be an impact tight end in the NFL if he can shore up his blocking and route running.

Maybe the 4th or 5th round. Shiancoe will probably not be worth his next contract and I'd love to take care of that position.

Round 1 is definitely going to be a safety through and through. I am wondering if Childress is willing to try to develop another rookie QB, if we explore something via trade or FA instead.

Round 2, I am guessing, will be a running back, outside linebacker, or possibly even another safety. I'm not willing to give up on Tyrell Johnson just yet. He shows flashes of being a good NFL safety.
                "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

Comment

With EJ injury possibly carrer ending, and just his overall injury issues, I would think that LB should be addressed in the round 1 or 2.

Comment

Originally posted by General Zod View Post
                    With EJ injury possibly carrer ending, and just his overall injury issues, I would think that LB should be addressed in the round 1 or 2.
                    Let's wait and see how Jasper Brinkley plays. His skillset matches up very well with our defensive system.

Comment

Let's wait and see how Jasper Brinkley plays. His skillset matches up very well with our defensive system.

Doesn't our defensive system ask our MLB to drop back in coverage quite a bit? If so I'm not sure Brinkley fits that mold.

Comment

Originally posted by BGB View Post
                        Doesn't our defensive system ask our MLB to drop back in coverage quite a bit? If so I'm not sure Brinkley fits that mold.
                        On nickel and dime downs, yes, but Ben Leber can play that spot like he did last year when Henderson went down. Brinkley is only going to be in on the base defense, and our scheme with Pat Williams on his game lets the linebackers roam free.

Comment

On nickel and dime downs, yes, but Ben Leber can play that spot like he did last year when Henderson went down. Brinkley is only going to be in on the base defense, and our scheme with Pat Williams on his game lets the linebackers roam free.
                          I'd rather our MLB be on the field at all times and be one of the leaders of the defense. If the stud MLB from Alabama fell to us in the draft I'd love it if we swooped him up.

Comment

Ryan Mallett late in the first round, or Tony Pike in the second round. Terrence Cody to replace Pat Williams in the future if he's there. Greg Hardy, Derrick Morgan, Everson Griffen, Greg Romeus, and Carlos Dunlap. One of them should be there.

Comment

Originally posted by The Legend View Post
                              Ryan Mallett late in the first round, or Tony Pike in the second round. Terrence Cody to replace Pat Williams in the future if he's there. Greg Hardy, Derrick Morgan, Everson Griffen, Greg Romeus, and Carlos Dunlap. One of them should be there.
                              I'm starting to finally agree with the people who give the Vikings Ryan Mallet. Especially if he comes out. I'm thinking that he will come out now that Jake Locker is not going to. I would be happy as a hoe with a bag of wieners if we drafted Mallett.

sig by fenikz
                              Originally posted by ImBrotherCain
                              You are just a terrible person.
                              Originally posted by bigbluedefense
                              I have an iPhone.

Comment

Ryan Mallet seems to be over hyped right now from him being a big time recruit and being 6'8 with a rocket arm. It's still really early in the process but I am not crazy about a guy with accuracy issues for the WCO. Right now I am not too excited about any of the QB options the Vikes will have where they will be picking.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information