Trade for #3 overall?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Severe Punishment View Post
    Tom Brady had who again ? A broken down Dillon (Taylor was 1000 times better) and Reche Caldwell / Troy Brown and who ? (Chad Jackson played very few games) Daniel Graham was hurt and Ben Watson was inconsistent
    at best....yep...you sure need that "WR TALENT" to succeed.
    And Brady Quinn DID have the same type of talent last year at ND and put up what for #'s again ?

Yeah, he'd be "wasted" here.
    Yah, and they lost in the playoffs because of it. Did you watch the game or are you just talking out of your behind?

To a team with a plethora of offensive weapons.

Notice how the Patriots are making a huge effort to bring Brady some targets. Signed Wes Welker to an inflated contract and traded a 2nd and 7th round draft pick, had Stallworth in for a visit, and are rumored to be interested in Moss.

Yep, Tom Brady doesn't need offensive weapons. Just ask Bill Belichick.
    Last edited by swagger; 03-07-2007, 01:10 AM.
    "Kenny Phillips has the body of Sean Taylor and the speed and knowledge of Ed Reed"

sig by vikes99ej

RIP Sean Taylor
    4/1/1983 - 11/27/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Vikes99ej View Post
      I sure hope so. We would still have our 2nd, 4th, 6th, and 7th left. It hurts me to think about it, though.
      Not to nitpick, but we traded our 7th rounder and CJ Mosley for Brooks Bollinger. So, if we did this deal and traded 1st, 3rd and 5th for Calvin Johnson, we would still have our: 2nd, 4th and 6th in addition to CJ.
      "Kenny Phillips has the body of Sean Taylor and the speed and knowledge of Ed Reed"

sig by vikes99ej

RIP Sean Taylor
      4/1/1983 - 11/27/2007

Comment

hahahaha...ya'll vastly over rate the Reche Caldwell's and ND O-Line ...not to mention the whole point of Tom Brady is WHAT HE DID with that low tier talent....they were 2 plays from another trip to the S.B.

Quinn is more like Brady than Jackson or Bollinger resemble an NFL QB.
        That's just a sad fact.

and finding a WR is much simpler and easier in the draft or through F/A than a QB will ever be.

This team needs a QB for the future....Jackson and Bollinger are NOT it.
        The only thing on here "getting old" is this Minnesotan sports mentality that losers are satsifactory.....Kevin Garnett is the pinacle of this belief.

Comment

hahahaha...ya'll vastly over rate the Reche Caldwell's and ND O-Line ...not to mention the whole point of Tom Brady is WHAT HE DID with that low tier talent....they were 2 plays from another trip to the S.B.
          Who cares what Tom Brady did with that lower-tier talent?? He is maybe the best quarterback in NFL history. How does a Viking QB pertain to what Tom Brady does on the field?

Stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid argument.

sig by vikes99ej

RIP Sean Taylor
          4/1/1983 - 11/27/2007

Comment

[quote]They also have a a great o-line and a HC that isn't a moron.[quote]

Thats the major difference. Its great to have a full O-Line that blocks rather than relying on a LG and C to block for 5 guys like the Vikings do and seem to be quite content to continue doing next year.

This would be a good trade, I dont like giving up 3 picks for one, Im a big believer that good scouting will produce starters from lower round picks, but we need some offense and it would still leave 3 picks to fix the O-Line.

I dont think we can lose at 7. If CJ were to fall, score. If not it figures that one of Brady and Peterson should be there, if not someone like Joe Thomas is a very outside chance. Those are the 3 guys we should be looking at if we arent trading up for CJ.

Personally if we dont trade I'd like to get either Landry, Quinn, Peterson and then hope that Levy falls to our 2nd round pick or possibly Blalock. I dont mind Stanton in the 3rd if we dont take Quinn, we certainly need a backup and Stanton is a similar player to TJ, meaning we can build a system that suits both at the same time instead of having to remove a whole lot of plays should TJ get hurt or fail.

Definitely OLine and WR is our biggest weakness, the big problem is that the only guys that give value at 7 at those positions are likely to be gone in the first 4 picks(Thomas and CJ) and the next guys worth taking are in the 15-20 range. Personally I think we should either take Brady Quinn or trade up for CJ or down for an O-Lineman.

Props to BK on the sig!

Comment

Originally posted by swagger View Post
              Who cares what Tom Brady did with that lower-tier talent?? He is maybe the best quarterback in NFL history. How does a Viking QB pertain to what Tom Brady does on the field?

You need to understand that in his mind Brady Quinn=Tom Brady even though Quinn has yet to wear an NFL uniform.
              There are fans out there who could find out that Brett Favre could run over 14 puppies and they still wouldn't care. They would think he was still the greatest thing since sliced bread.
              -Mark Chmura

Comment

First off i would make the Deal if that was the deal our 1st, 3rd, and 5th but most liekly savage wouldnt be asking such a low price.

Now
                Originally posted by Severe Punishment
                The only thing on here "getting old" is this Minnesotan sports mentality that losers are satsifactory.....Kevin Garnett is the pinacle of this belief.
                I understand you are caught up in your dislike of T-Jack but Thats just uncalled for, why do have to bring the hate onto KG too. KG is the only thing good left in this generation of Sports he's a true Superstar, a great guy, and a class act. Minnesota is truely lucky to have such a guy represent them its not his fault Kevin Mchale is an incompitent fool that cannot Provide the vital amount of talent around him that the T-wolves need(although Foye looks promising), basketball is a superstar sport but all superstars need some kind of support to suceed no one can do it all by themselves... I applaud KG for his comitment to the t-wolves, and that comitment is the reason why he is and will be my absolute Favorite Player out of all sports. I dont get where you think that losing is satisfactory comes from garnett, in all reality if he leaves the wolves would be horrid we would have the worst record for years to come, just stick to your T-Jack hate but leave KG out of it.

Comment

I was talking about the Pats o-line. They have 5 guys that can block. The Vikings have 2.5: Birk, Hutch and McKennie is shakey at times he's a half. Maybe 3/4.

Pats o-line > Vikes o-line
                  Pats running game > Vikes running game
                  Pats recievers > Vikes recievers
                  Pats coaching staff > Vikes coaching staff

Pats have a great defense too. It's not Tom Brady vs. The NFL.
                  There are fans out there who could find out that Brett Favre could run over 14 puppies and they still wouldn't care. They would think he was still the greatest thing since sliced bread.
                  -Mark Chmura

Comment

Originally posted by swagger View Post

aaawwee did your arguement get ousted for the lame duck that it is ?
                    Tom Brady took a team of scrubs to the AFC Championship game.
                    Not saying the Defense and Troy brown didn't help, but no other QB that's ever donned a uniform could take that team and make them as successful as they did. They're signing F/A this year to replenish their current crop of aged stars...A.Thomas over Banta Cain , Samuel was resigned and Donte Stallworth and Moss are rumored to be going there because Robert Kraft finally cracked open the wallet....if he didn't Brady would've taken another Patriot team lacking in premier talent to the playoffs, and probably to another Championship game...something no current Viking Qb can do.

Brady Quinn is very much like Brady in his poise, command of an offense, on the field leadership, timed throwing routes, strength of arms...and both were schooled under Charlie Weiss...so the relevance here between them is galaxy's more than you've ever shown for your support or logic in keeping Jackson other than "he's here and we like him because we traded up for him" gigantic overstatements as to why a guy with support that yeilds little more than that should be handed the starting gig.

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy_Chris View Post

I understand you are caught up in your dislike of T-Jack but Thats just uncalled for, why do have to bring the hate onto KG too. KG is the only thing good left in this generation of Sports he's a true Superstar, a great guy, and a class act. Minnesota is truely lucky to have such a guy represent them its not his fault Kevin Mchale is an incompitent fool that cannot Provide the vital amount of talent around him that the T-wolves need(although Foye looks promising), basketball is a superstar sport but all superstars need some kind of support to suceed no one can do it all by themselves... I applaud KG for his comitment to the t-wolves, and that comitment is the reason why he is and will be my absolute Favorite Player out of all sports. I dont get where you think that losing is satisfactory comes from garnett, in all reality if he leaves the wolves would be horrid we would have the worst record for years to come, just stick to your T-Jack hate but leave KG out of it.
                      I use Garnett because he's exactly what this state loves 1 guy to fall for (like a Puckett or a Moss) guys who are expected to do everything by themselves without so much as a sniff of help from the greedy gus's that run their teams. The Timberwolves are easily the worst orginization in sports...from their ineptitude at draft analysis or ability to coach and teach their draft picks into peforming is beyond riddiculous. McHale has Garnett to hang his hat on as far as successful players selected and groomed (the reason he was brought here) in what is it 11 years ? They've begun dumping on coaches as the scape goat...seriously, McHale's blundering makes Matt Millen, by comparison, look like Einstien's mental superior.
                      The fans don't even get upset because Garnett is actually good enough to make that rag tag bunch a playoff contender year in and yaer out...but when the season's over...so is the help KG has ever been given.
                      Same with Moss...during 99, 2000 and 2001 who did we sign or draft that was that help at LB and the secondary that would've put that team over the top ? WHo ? I agree in the Daunte pick and think it was a wise move ..but seriously owners of Minnesota sports franchises realized long ago that the fan base here really only cares about getting that 1 player so they can hang the franchises success on that 1 player. And right now the Vikes don't even have that !

It's turned into a culture of ignornace, as most Minnesotans are now so stubborn as to wanting that 1 player that they can't see the overall
                      picture of what it would actually take to make the team better.

and so we're clear I don't "hate" Jackson, I just don't think he has what's neccesary to be a QB that can make a difference for this team...just because he wears purple doesn't mean I have to don the rose colored glasses and make beleive he's something he's not.
                      I'd encourage everyone to do the same.

Comment

Originally posted by jerthemessiah View Post
                        I was talking about the Pats o-line. They have 5 guys that can block. The Vikings have 2.5: Birk, Hutch and McKennie is shakey at times he's a half. Maybe 3/4.

Pats o-line > Vikes o-line
                        Pats running game > Vikes running game
                        Pats recievers > Vikes recievers
                        Pats coaching staff > Vikes coaching staff

Pats have a great defense too. It's not Tom Brady vs. The NFL.
                        The Patriots O-Line is good...but the Vikes have more talent. Perhaps if we didn't flip from from the ZBS to man blocking or trap blocking we could've gained the cohessiveness to make it a real weapon to end the year.

The Pats WR's last year compared to ours is a joke. Robinson / Taylor and Williamson were worlds better than any 3 you could come up with from the Pats team that lost to the Colts in the AFC title game.

The Running game's to me are even. For long term value I'd take Maroney ..but a run down Dillon and Heath Evans aren't as good as
                        Mewelde Moore and Artrose Pinner.....this one probably slightly favors
                        the Vikes, but for arguements sake I'll call it even.

Thier Defense is better than ours...there's no denying that. but it mainly has to do with the LB'ers...Bruschi / Vrabel / Banta Cain /Seau... are worlds better than any 2 LB'ers we have to match them up with.
                        Asante Samuel to me still isn't as good as Winfield (though it's close)

You make it sound like the Vikes were some sandlot squad and the Patriots team was 30 or 35 all pro's when that simply wasn't the case. As a team
                        the Patriots have belief in each other which makes them better (the coaching is far superior, I'll give ya that...it's not even debateable) but as far as talent , it's not as far off as you'd like to believe or have anyone else beleive. I'm not saying if we take Quinn we're making the title game in 07...but he'd give us a helluva lot better shot IMO to be there in 09 than any QB we have now.

Comment

The Patriots O-Line is good...but the Vikes have more talent. Perhaps if we didn't flip from from the ZBS to man blocking or trap blocking we could've gained the cohessiveness to make it a real weapon to end the year.
                          But they didn't flip, hence the Pats line played better. The Vikings gave up more sacks. It wouldn't matter if McKennie was pro bowler too. The right side is terrible.

The Pats WR's last year compared to ours is a joke. Robinson / Taylor and Williamson were worlds better than any 3 you could come up with from the Pats team that lost to the Colts in the AFC title game.
                          When I say recievers, I think guys that can catch the ball. It includes TE's and to a much lesser extent the RB's(unless it's a guy like Tiki or L.T.). It's basically the weapons a QB has to work with on passing downs. This includes Graham and Watson. For the Vikes Wiggins and Jimmy.

I'm pretty sure everyone would want to swap WR's and TE's with the Pats that is a Vikes fan. Graham and Watson alone are worth it.

The Running game's to me are even. For long term value I'd take Maroney ..but a run down Dillon and Heath Evans aren't as good as
                          Mewelde Moore and Artrose Pinner.....this one probably slightly favors
                          the Vikes, but for arguements sake I'll call it even.
                          Run down Dillon ran for 13 TD's compared to the 12 TD's for everyone in Purple. I'd take Maroney and Dillon over any back on the Vikings roster. Dillon if it was for just one year.

You make it sound like the Vikes were some sandlot squad and the Patriots team was 30 or 35 all pro's when that simply wasn't the case. As a team
                          the Patriots have belief in each other which makes them better (the coaching is far superior, I'll give ya that...it's not even debateable) but as far as talent , it's not as far off as you'd like to believe or have anyone else beleive. I'm not saying if we take Quinn we're making the title game in 07...but he'd give us a helluva lot better shot IMO to be there in 09 than any QB we have now.
                          The Vikings offense is near sandlot calibur. They have a center, a guard, an ok tackle, and ok running back and questions marks everywhere else.
                          -Mark Chmura

Comment

i dont think its as far fetched as severe and other posters may seem, obviously im not saying that it is going to happen or that theres a good chance its going to happen, im just saying its better than most people think, our FO was aggressive in going after the guy they wanted last draft and Speilman has a history of giving away draft picks for players he covets

we also have had a laid back approach in this FA toward WRs, and theres no way this FO thinks that with this group of WR's our offense is going to improve at all next season, they werent aggressive at all in getting anyone in here we had curtis visit and thats all we didnt contact bennett we havent contacted horn its like we have no interest in any WR...i think thats a little strange considering our position

imo wed have to give up more than a 3rd and a 5th to move up, but id be willing to give up our 2nd rounder next year and a first and 3rd this year to get him, then add an OG in the second grab Francis in the 4th figurs in the 5th and our team looks much better.

Comment

The Vikings are completely different from the Patriots. Even if they have no well-known offensive weapons, they still have a great coach, and a stone-solid defense. To think our offense would still be in the same position in 2007 with Calvin Johnson as it was in 2006 is ridiculous.

http://minnesotasportstwentyfourseven.blogspot.com/

Comment

Quinn is more like Brady than Jackson or Bollinger resemble an NFL QB.
                                That's just a sad fact.

and finding a WR is much simpler and easier in the draft or through F/A than a QB will ever be.

This team needs a QB for the future....Jackson and Bollinger are NOT it.
                                How can you say "thats just a sad fact." How in any way is that fact? I mean really, you can't just throw that word around. Its really annoying. Because you make comparisons that in no way can be made yet, you simply say that is "fact"

Also, why do your responses come up on here as if you hit the "enter" button half way through most of your sentences so that they're broken up and difficult to read? Is it some sort of tactic to make people not read your responses because its a hassle and thus not allow them to see that you make no points whatsoever and simply claim it as fact?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information