Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The New Vikings and the questions facing the team.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by B-rand View Post
    I think Sanford makes the roster over one of: Abdullah or Frampton. Sanford is a hitting machine back there at Safety, and a guy like that should be able to make some plays on ST, plus I believe I saw him working with the 2nd team defense at camp.

I want Brinkley to make the team over David Herron right now, but Herron was ahead of him last I saw at Camp.

Training Camp cheers for: Nehemiah Broughton!!!! get Tahi the heck out of here!
    Brinkley should def. make the team. He's been getting great reviews from Leslie Frazier and Childress, and I'm pretty sure that there is no way they could "sneak" him onto the practice squad, which is something that they've been able to do with Herron in the past.

sig by BK and avy by me
    Originally posted by A Perfect Score
    If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.

Comment

Herron has Brinkley on the special teams I imagine, but yeah ultimately I am not comfortable with Herron being a starting linebacker at all. Then again Brinkley is more of a run stopper, but so was EJ Henderson coming out of college and see how he turned out.

Training Camp cheers for: Nehemiah Broughton!!!! get Tahi the heck out of here!
      Yeah Childress sure likes his fullbacks, should have drafted one really. Too bad Tapeh had injury issues, would have been great to have him back there being actually from the state. Broughton was on a team in the NFL last year correct?

Comment

last year he was on Washington's practice squad. He was a Redskin since 2005, and in his time has only appeared in 6 games.

Comment

Ozzzzzy! I was waiting to to hear your mindless banter! The Vikings fanbase, coaches, and team has faith in Sullivan starting at center. Matt Birk was good for a while. But now he is just old. And offensive linemen lose it when they get above the age of 34. Sullivan is going to be a star in a year. He will be average this year, as he is learning the new speed of the game, and learning how to be a starter. Then next year, he will be a beast just like Birk was. This is the same exact thing that happened when Birk was about to replace Jeff Christy (I think...?), everyone was so down on Birk because he wasn't "good," but then he came in and destroyed defensive linemen. Talent at the center position isn't hard to come by.

I believe Tyrell Johnson is going to turn into the stud he was in college. He should be a worth replacement for Sharper.

I'm excited to see what this receiving corps is capable of. I have a good feeling about them this year.

sig by fenikz
          Originally posted by ImBrotherCain
          You are just a terrible person.
          Originally posted by bigbluedefense
          I have an iPhone.

Comment

I believe Tyrell Johnson is going to turn into the stud he was in college. He should be a worth replacement for Sharper.
            Johnson is going to become a pro bowl safety? I really doubt he ever makes a pro bowl. Seriously do not see what you all see in him.

Seems to me the attitude in reply to our position question marks this year kind of like this......

Scott Evil: Wait, aren't you even going to watch them? They could get away!
            Dr. Evil: No no no, I'm going to leave them alone and not actually witness them dying, I'm just gonna assume it all went to plan. What?

Just for a moment, assume it does not go to plan and Johnson/Sullivan do not become pro bowl caliber talents. Kind of an issue in my book.

Comment

Originally posted by Ozzy View Post
              Johnson is going to become a pro bowl safety? I really doubt he ever makes a pro bowl. Seriously do not see what you all see in him.
              Tyrell Johnson will do just fine this year. As will Sullivan. I really do believe that Sullivan will be a pro bowl calibur center in this league over time.

Comment

Seems to me the attitude in reply to our position question marks this year kind of like this......

Scott Evil: Wait, aren't you even going to watch them? They could get away!
                Dr. Evil: No no no, I'm going to leave them alone and not actually witness them dying, I'm just gonna assume it all went to plan. What?

Just for a moment, assume it does not go to plan and Johnson/Sullivan do not become pro bowl caliber talents. Kind of an issue in my book.
                You seem like the pessimists on some of the other Vikings blogs I've been reading, where they expect all of the players with some sort of question marks behind them to struggle. I think that we should have some faith in these guys and their talent. They were drafted where they were and have been placed in these positions now, because the team thinks they can succeed. At this time last year, everyone wanted Shiancoe gone, but he's turned out alright.

I'm not saying that these guys will be guaranteed pro-bowlers or anything like that, but why not give them a chance before we bash them.

sig by BK and avy by me
                Originally posted by A Perfect Score
                If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.

Comment

Ozzy- let's put it this way.....the year Birk was out with his hernia, how good of a job did Cory Withrow do filling in? He did a good enough job, right? So if Withrow could fill in just fine, why can't Sullivan do well? Also remember, when Withrow was the center, we had neither Peterson nor Chester, we were rolling with the RB by committee approach headed my Mewelde Moore.

The main thing I hear in the papers is how Sullivan's body-type is supposed to be a hinderance to his ability to block big bodies....but this makes no sense to me. Sullivan is short and stocky (well, ok, if you can consider 6'4" to be short) but they always talk about his short legs. The only thing that says to me is that he already starts at an advantage in the leverage game, and all blocking is about leverage. I'm not calling for him to be one of the best C's in the game, i just trust him to get the job done.

Comment

They were drafted where they were and have been placed in these positions now, because the team thinks they can succeed. At this time last year, everyone wanted Shiancoe gone, but he's turned out alright.

I'm not saying that these guys will be guaranteed pro-bowlers or anything like that, but why not give them a chance before we bash them.
                    Ok first off who would want Shiancoe gone? Guy is a beast physically and was just a matter of time for him to produce more on the field. Secondly I do not rip all the players, a lot of guys on here just destroy Cedric Griffin, I think he is good and still do. I follow more than my fair share of college prospects, thus when we get guys that I question, I will question them until I see them produce or play well. Does not take long, and sure players can improve and everything but from what I have seen from guys like Johnson, was more than unimpressed. Then again I would want an elite safety, then again some people are more than happy with average. Guess just like last year, Williams will pick up the slack, just hope he does not get injured.

Comment

The main thing I hear in the papers is how Sullivan's body-type is supposed to be a hinderance to his ability to block big bodies....but this makes no sense to me. Sullivan is short and stocky (well, ok, if you can consider 6'4" to be short) but they always talk about his short legs. The only thing that says to me is that he already starts at an advantage in the leverage game, and all blocking is about leverage. I'm not calling for him to be one of the best C's in the game, i just trust him to get the job done.
                      Well at least they seem to have a plan, but there were some damn good centers in this years draft I would rather have. Let us forget about Mack, Wood or Unger, that would have obviously been awesome. They could have easily got Caldwell with trading some picks later, or even Lugis later or way late with Shipley. Nice to have a taller center that is 6-4 I must say, but still plenty of good centers in this years draft I would rather have than Sullivan.

Comment

Ok first off who would want Shiancoe gone? Guy is a beast physically and was just a matter of time for him to produce more on the field. Secondly I do not rip all the players, a lot of guys on here just destroy Cedric Griffin, I think he is good and still do. I follow more than my fair share of college prospects, thus when we get guys that I question, I will question them until I see them produce or play well. Does not take long, and sure players can improve and everything but from what I have seen from guys like Johnson, was more than unimpressed. Then again I would want an elite safety, then again some people are more than happy with average. Guess just like last year, Williams will pick up the slack, just hope he does not get injured.

How is Griffin good? He's good in run support but gets toasted in coverage constantly.

Comment

Seriously, Ozzy, you are about the only person on this forum that makes me want to break things. You argue just for the sake of arguing. And you think you are the only one that's right.

On a football note, the Vikings community has faith in Sullivan. If they didn't, then yes, they would have drafted somebody else. You're not the coach of the Vikings. You're a dumb fan who thinks they can run the Vikings organization. It's a shame that the Vikings posters have to deal with a prick like you.

sig by fenikz
                          Originally posted by ImBrotherCain
                          You are just a terrible person.
                          Originally posted by bigbluedefense
                          I have an iPhone.

Comment

Well bubby, it is quite easy to block posters on this site and you will never even see a post of mine. If I piss you off so much, I suggest you use that.

Sorry I am a draft guy, I follow college football prospects into the NFL. Just so happens I am from Minnesota so clearly have interest in the Vikings. A little perspective is not a bad thing.
                            Last edited by Ozzy; 08-12-2009, 01:47 PM.

Comment

I think Sullivan is going to be fine. Adding Loadholt and Sullivan and removing Cook and Birk definitely improves our offensive line, IMO.

http://minnesotasportstwentyfourseven.blogspot.com/

Comment

I think Sullivan is going to be fine. Adding Loadholt and Sullivan and removing Cook and Birk definitely improves our offensive line, IMO.
                                Just for simple clarification, I stated in the training camp thread today why exactly I am not really a supporter of Sullivan and what exactly I do not like about him.

Hope it turns out, but I do have my reasons, even if some think they are wrong.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information