No announcement yet.

Stadium discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like the idea of Racinos for the purpose of adding to the general fund, too. If they can take in the estimated $100 mil per year, our legislature would be complete morons (or should i say just offer more proof that they are morons) to not pass it. This would continue to help our state well beyond the completion of funding the stadium.
    Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
    Thanks jerks, I have an exam tomorrow and reading this lowered my IQ by 14 points. Dicks.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Dude View Post
      I like the idea of Racinos for the purpose of adding to the general fund, too. If they can take in the estimated $100 mil per year, our legislature would be complete morons (or should i say just offer more proof that they are morons) to not pass it. This would continue to help our state well beyond the completion of funding the stadium.
      Definitely, it sounds like such a smart thing to do, especially with the budget deficit, adding that much money to the budget definitely can't hurt.

sig by BK and avy by me
      Originally posted by A Perfect Score
      If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.

Comment

It's starting to look like a solution more than likely won't be this coming this year...

http://www.startribune.com/politics/...3aPc:_Yyc:aUUs

Comment

Here we go. I am surprised that they aren't going the Racino route.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...s-to-benefits/

Bipartisan bill for Vikings stadium ties payments to benefits
          Posted by Mike Florio on May 3, 2010 11:25 AM ET
          As expected, a new, bipartisan bill was introduced Monday by Minnesota legislators hoping to keep the Vikings from joining the former Minneapolis Lakers in Los Angeles. A news release issued by those sponsoring the bill bears the following headline: "ONLY THOSE WHO BENEFITS FROM A VIKINGS STADIUM WOULD PAY FOR IT."

The proposed bill contemplates that the team will cough up $264 million, and that the remaining $527 million will be spread out over 40 years. The annual principal and debt payments would come from a hotel surtax (1.5 percent, for an estimated annual revenue stream of $8 million), a slice of jersey purchases (6.875 percent, which is expected to generate $16.9 million per year), a sports-themed scratch-off lottery game (which is expected to raise $5.5 million per year), and a rental-car tax (which also is expected to raise $5.5 million per year).

"The Vikings only have 20 games left in the Metrodome, and there are two weeks left of session. It's clear that the window to build this stadium is closing," said state Senator Tom Bakk, chief-author of the Senate version of the bill. "If we wait another year to move this project forward, it will cost another $50 million. This bill gives us the opportunity to put 13,000 people back to work, bringing $300 million in new wages to Minnesota. And it guarantees the Vikings will stay in Minnesota for the next 40 years."

In the more concise words of United States Poet Laureate Daniel Lawrence Whitney, "Git 'r done."
          Thanks jerks, I have an exam tomorrow and reading this lowered my IQ by 14 points. Dicks.

Comment

Get it done!

http://minnesotasportstwentyfourseven.blogspot.com/

Comment

Vikings stadium bill defeated in House committee
              Posted by Mike Florio on May 5, 2010 12:35 PM ET
              Well, it was fun while it lasted.

Only two days after a bipartisan bill to build a new Vikings stadium was introduced, the measure has died.

Mike Kaszuba of the Minneapolis Star Tribune reports that the 10-9 defeat came only hours after another House committee had approved it. But as Kaszuba points out, "[A]t this stage of the legislative session, set-backs for major bills can sometimes be only temporary."

Which means that most of the time it isn't only temporary.

Which means that in the case it could be permanent.

Which means that those L.A. Rams fans who used to wear watermelons as hats might soon be able to add horns to their headgear.

Comment

Comment

Vikings stadium bill makes like Lazarus in the legislature
                  Posted by Mike Florio on May 5, 2010 3:08 PM ET
                  Killed in a House committee this morning, the bill to build a new Vikings stadium found new life in a Senate committee this afternoon.

The new version incorporates Personal Seat Licenses as a mechanism for raising money beyond the $264 million that the Vikings will pay, according to WCCO.com. Previous plans to use a variety of taxes and to foist bond payments onto the city of Minneapolis as of 2020 have been scuttled.

Meanwhile, the Vikings claimed in a House committee hearing that they are losing money (which could have CBA ramification), and the team declined to answer whether the project can wait another year (which means that it can). Also, Governor Tim Pawlenty suddenly seems to be less interested in the stadium bill and more interested in fixing the state's deficit, given a Wednesday Minnesota Supreme Court decision finding that Pawlenty exceeded his authority by cutting $5.3 million from a state program.

So while progress is being made, there's a long way to go -- and there isn't much time to get something done in 2010. The legislative session ends this month.

if they add on personal seat licenses, they can kiss my season ticket money goodbye. That is something that I am not onboard with...

Comment

Originally posted by The_Dude View Post
                    Vikings stadium bill makes like Lazarus in the legislature
                    Posted by Mike Florio on May 5, 2010 3:08 PM ET
                    Killed in a House committee this morning, the bill to build a new Vikings stadium found new life in a Senate committee this afternoon.

The new version incorporates Personal Seat Licenses as a mechanism for raising money beyond the $264 million that the Vikings will pay, according to WCCO.com. Previous plans to use a variety of taxes and to foist bond payments onto the city of Minneapolis as of 2020 have been scuttled.

Meanwhile, the Vikings claimed in a House committee hearing that they are losing money (which could have CBA ramification), and the team declined to answer whether the project can wait another year (which means that it can). Also, Governor Tim Pawlenty suddenly seems to be less interested in the stadium bill and more interested in fixing the state's deficit, given a Wednesday Minnesota Supreme Court decision finding that Pawlenty exceeded his authority by cutting $5.3 million from a state program.

So while progress is being made, there's a long way to go -- and there isn't much time to get something done in 2010. The legislative session ends this month.

if they add on personal seat licenses, they can kiss my season ticket money goodbye. That is something that I am not onboard with...
                    As long as they can get it done. I don't care.

sig by fenikz
                    Originally posted by ImBrotherCain
                    You are just a terrible person.
                    Originally posted by bigbluedefense
                    I have an iPhone.

Comment

Originally posted by vikes_28 View Post
                      As long as they can get it done. I don't care.
                      You aren't a season ticket holder, though. My family is, and I doubt we'd be keeping the tickets if they put this in play. Maybe we would pay for the first year of it, but I doubt it after that.
                      "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

Comment

The state legislature is just trying to do everything they can so they can vote it down or make the Vikings pay for it in one way or another, at first the committee changes it so the user taxes are gone and public taxes are in their place, now they're gonna try and raise the amount the Vikings essentially pay, which was already more than they agreed with.

sig by BK and avy by me
                        Originally posted by A Perfect Score
                        If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.

Comment

I still want to see the NFL pony up some money for these new stadiums. This league makes money hand over fist and will make even more money with most/all of their teams in new shiny stadiums.

Comment

Oh what could be....

Well,

This is the latest. This website has some good information...Idk if you guys know about it.

http://www.minnesotamomentum.com/latest/

It even shows which people voted for and against it.
                            Last edited by vikes_28; 05-22-2010, 03:34 AM.

sig by fenikz
                            Originally posted by ImBrotherCain
                            You are just a terrible person.
                            Originally posted by bigbluedefense
                            I have an iPhone.

Comment

lol @ people that say we shouldn't build a Vikings stadium. Every city that has lost an NFL team has immediately regretted the lost revenue and spent MORE money bringing a franchise back than retaining the one that left. Yes, a stadium will be expensive, and yes, we will have to help pay for it. But a stadium will create revenue/jobs that will last longer and make more money than the one time payment you'll make.
                              "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

Comment

Obviously Wilf, the NFL, and the Vikings want a new stadium of their own, but what about the possibility of sharing TCF bank stadium with the Gophers? Before everyone starts rattling of a reply just hear me out first.

Yes I understand the stadium is not NFL sized. TCF would have to be expanded, but the university did design the stadium for a possible expansion up to 80,000 seats in the future. I also know there would be other issues to resolve like extra parking needs and allowing the sale of alcohol at the stadium to name a couple, but it might be a less expensive option.

Having watched a bunch of Gopher games this season I like TCF and its design, and I like the thought of the Vikings getting back to playing outdoor football. I know this option will never happen due to every team wanting their own diggs, but what do you all think?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information