Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2011 Draft Thread

Discuss the 2011 NFL Draft as it relates to the Minnesota Vikings
    "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

I'm impressed by the excitement djp!

Soo ummm QB for the Vikings?

Comment

Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
      I'm impressed by the excitement djp!

Soo ummm QB for the Vikings?
      Haven't you seen the commercial? Favre plans on playing until 2020 :)

Yes, I am guessing that next year quarterback will be by far our biggest need. Followed by NT and possibly tackle considering this is probably McKinnie's last season here.
      "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

Comment

I'm just really hoping that all the quarterbacks who look like top prospects on paper right now have big years and maintain their 1st round status. Unless we completely tank we likely won't be in a position to nab Locker, Luck, or Mallet (assuming the last two declare) but maybe a Ponder or Devlin will be there towards the back half of Round 1.

I agree on left tackle as well. We'll need one soon and have nobody on the roster who has any LT potential.

Comment

From an early on standpoint, I'm hoping for a trade up for one of the big three quarterbacks. I'm not sure if I have a preference right now but if Andrew Luck can build on last year's season without Toby Gerhart behind him, then he could very well be the #1 pick as a r/s Sophomore.

One guy who I would love to see in Purple and Gold would be Marcus Forston as a NT. Dude is a rock up the middle and is very athletic for his size.

BoneKruser with the DOPE sig

Comment

Time to start getting to know some of these guys. Let's hope next year we finally get our QB...

sig by BK and avy by me
            Originally posted by A Perfect Score
            If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.

Comment

Comment

I agree that QB is obviously #1 on the list in 2011, but we'll likely have to leverage most of our draft to get up into the premium QB area(likely Top 10-12) which is always risky.

Or maybe Tjack will pan out.................

Comment

Originally posted by FuzzyGopher View Post

Those mechanics don't look quite right.

Comment

I'd imagine if Favre is coming back this year, they'll give TJack and Rosenfels another chance. So QB probably won't be the pick
                    Last edited by vikes_28; 04-26-2010, 05:27 PM.

sig by fenikz
                    Originally posted by ImBrotherCain
                    You are just a terrible person.
                    Originally posted by bigbluedefense
                    I have an iPhone.

Comment

Originally posted by vikes_28 View Post
                      I'd imagine if Favre is coming back this year, they'll give TJack and Rosenfels another chance. So QB probably won't be the pick
                      It better be the pick. Next year our biggest needs are gonna be the 2 most important positions on the field in all likely hood...

Bonekrusher.

Originally posted by JordanTaber
                      Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.

Comment

Originally posted by vikes_28 View Post
                        I don't think the organization has any faith in Rosenfels/Jackson moving forward. If there's a quarterbak on the board whom they're high on, he'll be the pick. They need to find an option for the long haul and the draft is the only way to do that.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueBandit24 View Post
                          I don't think the organization has any faith in Rosenfels/Jackson moving forward. If there's a quarterbak on the board whom they're high on, he'll be the pick. They need to find an option for the long haul and the draft is the only way to do that.
                          That's what we all thought this year, and we all know how that turned out.

sig by BK and avy by me
                          Originally posted by A Perfect Score
                          If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueBandit24 View Post
                            They must have some faith in them. Because if they didn't they would have taken Clausen in the first round. If they think that TJack or Rosenfels can fill in for Favre if he gets injured then they must have faith in them.

sig by fenikz
                            Originally posted by ImBrotherCain
                            You are just a terrible person.
                            Originally posted by bigbluedefense
                            I have an iPhone.

Comment

I think both Jackson and Rosenfels are better backups than most out there. I'm not saying they're long-term options at the position but you could do worse if Favre went down; neither is going to run the team into the ground.

If they really loved Clausen this year I am guessing they would have taken him. Other teams saw things that scared them off so it wasn't as though the Vikings simply balked at the opportunity to add an elite quarterback prospect; there's a reason he dropped to the middle of the 2nd round. That doesn't mean he won't go on to have a successful career but I've tempered my expectations for Clausen a bit. The Vikings passing on him has little do with Tarvaris or Sage and more to do with Jimmy, IMO.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information