2011 Draft Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Dynasty View Post
    Yeah like you said It has its Pro's and Con's to the Trade with the Browns. But you can't assume the Browns will have a top 10 pick again. Mike Holmgren is turning that team around. Colt McCoy showed a lot of promise last year so I would expect around the Mid Teens for the Browns next year.

Also I know my last Mock Had the Vikings take Prince Amukamara but I really think I should go back to my first gut and say we will take Jake Locker at 12 or even trade back to 17-20 and take him. But I worry about Miami taking him though so Idk if we will do that but we will see.
    Here's my thoughts on the Browns trade: At best, the pick next year will be top 10, at worst, it will be pick 20, because does anyone think the Browns have a chance at making the playoffs, especially in that division facing Baltimore and Pittsburgh twice each? and the AFC is too deep for them to get a wild card IMO with Baltimore/Pitt, NYJ/NE/Miami, KC/SD, Jax/Indy/Houston, and any other surprises. So, you're getting the #5 pick in the second round and a pick somewhere between top 10 and the 20th next year for #12, going by the value chart, that would be looking at pick 20=850 + pick 37=530, which would put that value at 1380, which is more than the 1200 that 12 is worth. I know that picks this year are more valuable than next year's, but that is going by the (likely) worst case scenario. If the Vikings aren't that happy with this year's draft value at 12, or even in the mid first, and even more so the QBs, and I'm guessing they aren't if they're even just considering it, then it's a damn good deal IMO. I'd then say to forget the QBs if they're not comfortable with them in the first, and build up the OL and secondary with those 2nds. Maybe that's just me though.

sig by BK and avy by me
    Originally posted by A Perfect Score
    If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.

Comment

• i could be down with that trade. it would put us in a decent spot to be able to go after andrew luck next year
      oh noes!!1! i've been rep raped

Comment

• Anyone else getting the feeling Gabbert is going to drop to us at #12?

Arizona and SF aren't high on him, Andy Dalton is supposedly the #1 QB on Tennessee's board, and Scott's "sources" have the Redskins taking Cameron Jordan.

Just something to "Ponder" (haha QB joke!)

Comment

• Originally posted by Heisman View Post
          Anyone else getting the feeling Gabbert is going to drop to us at #12?

Arizona and SF aren't high on him, Andy Dalton is supposedly the #1 QB on Tennessee's board, and Scott's "sources" have the Redskins taking Cameron Jordan.

Just something to "Ponder" (haha QB joke!)
          I wouldn't be suprised if he fell to us since a lot of teams seem to be (supposively) wanting to wait till round two with ponder, dalton, and now mallet (according to the younger dude on ESPN, Kiper?) supposed to be still available. If he did fall to us and Locker was still available (unlikely, but possible) I think theyd take locker, they seem to be pretty sold on him, unless it's just smokescreen.

I wouldn't mind us either taking Cameron Jordan or trading down from 12, although my mock says pouncey.

You really can't believe much of what you hear until it actually happens. lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Imrighturwrong View Post
            I wouldn't be suprised if he fell to us since a lot of teams seem to be (supposively) wanting to wait till round two with ponder, dalton, and now mallet (according to the younger dude on ESPN, Kiper?) supposed to be still available. If he did fall to us and Locker was still available (unlikely, but possible) I think theyd take locker, they seem to be pretty sold on him, unless it's just smokescreen.

I wouldn't mind us either taking Cameron Jordan or trading down from 12, although my mock says pouncey.

You really can't believe much of what you hear until it actually happens. lol
            Its true, but I think in that case we would go Gabbert over Locker. I would love it either way and they're both about the same in my eyes but just because we love Locker doesn't mean we don't love Gabbert, I think we just don't think he'll be there

Comment

• Supposedly the front office loves Gabbert so much that they have considered trading up for him. I would think that if he falls to 12 they run to the podium. I can even see a scenario where he falls to Dallas and we try to trade with them to get ahead of the Skins and grab him.

Comment

• Originally posted by FuzzyGopher View Post
                Supposedly the front office loves Gabbert so much that they have considered trading up for him. I would think that if he falls to 12 they run to the podium. I can even see a scenario where he falls to Dallas and we try to trade with them to get ahead of the Skins and grab him.
                Wouldn't mind this once bit. I could see us moving up to #6, 7, 8, or 9 for him.

For me, if we get Locker or Gabbert, I consider this draft a success. They are my 2 fav QB's in the class and it really isn't close. I think they become franchise type guys here.

It would feel weird though getting Gabbert, everyone in Minnesota has basically talked themselves into Locker and expects him to be the pick. But hey I'm not about to complain, I'd bet money if we drafted #1 overall we would be taking Gabbert.

And when you say supposedly are you thinking of the Tom Pelissero article? Or is there even more linking us to Gabbert?

Comment

• I can't remember off the top of my head where I've seen it, but I know a couple of writers have mentioned it. It was probably Pelissero because he is one of the few people whose articles I read.

Comment

• AlbertBreer Albert Breer
                    by TomPelissero
                    ... Exhaustive process, Spielman told me, w/process of elimination ongoing. Yesterday: 3-hour meeting on QBs, airing of feelings by staff.
                    2 minutes ago

AlbertBreer Albert Breer
                    by TomPelissero
                    ... High-level staff spent a day-and-a-half with each guy, and team asked support staff on all 9 to learn about 'em "when no one is looking"
                    3 minutes ago

AlbertBreer Albert Breer
                    by TomPelissero
                    Just outlined it on NFL Network: Vikings started process of looking 4 new QB in this draft in December, identifying 9 guys of interest. ...
                    5 minutes ago

Comment

• It sounds like with the lockout/labor stuff, that the league will be going forward and beginning the league year sometime next week under 2010 rules, which greatly benefits us as Sidney Rice and Ray Edwards, among others will both be RFA and since we tendered them will be back(unless someone signs them to an offer sheet and we opt to not match). Man I can only imagine how pissed Edwards will be given how pissed he was last year about the same thing. So, that definitely lessens the need for both DE and WR, meaning that IMO we can focus on QB, OL, and DB(which I was hoping for in the first place), and then just add some depth in the later rounds.

sig by BK and avy by me
                      Originally posted by A Perfect Score
                      If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.

Comment

• Gabbert at 12 worries me, he's got so much work to do with his footwork and he does not have the natural ability to step in the pocket like all the elite QB's. But he does possess a lot of good tools and should be one of the more mentally prepared QBs in the NFL within a couple years. Guy supposedly has a photographic memory, that has to be such a huge advantage when it comes to film study.

If they make the Cleveland deal, we could very well have 2 top 5 picks in 2012 hoping to hit it big on Luck. If they don't make the deal, I hope they come away with either Locker or Gabbert at 12 and I'll be happy. Team just needs talent at the QB position, it doesn't really matter if it's BPA at this point.
                        "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

Comment

• Im pretty pumped up for tonight. Im not real worried about what happens with this first pick. There are not many guys rated in the first round that I hate. We have so many needs. All of the guys so far we have rumored to like, Im ok with. The only real scenario that I really hate would be if we did take Dalton at 12. Its just a rumor and I really dont see it happening. I like Dalton, if we got him in the 2nd round I would be ok with it.

Comment

• prince still available

Comment

• **** you christian ponder

Comment

• Haha have fun with your rookie QB getting sacked by Clay III

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information