Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2011 Draft Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by General Zod View Post
    I respect your opinion and all, but if the Vikings would have drafted Kaepernick, I think I would have punted a kitten.
    I would have enjoyed seeing that, actually.

    Comment


    • The Vikings have announced the numbers for all of the draft picks:
      QB Christian Ponder #7
      TE Kyle Rudolph #82
      DL Christian Ballard #99
      CB Brandon Burton #36
      OL DeMarcus Love #75
      DB Mistral Raymond #30
      C Brandon Fusco #63
      LB Ross Homan #57
      DE D’Aundre Reed #92
      WR Stephen Burton #86

      sig by BK and avy by me
      Originally posted by A Perfect Score
      If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by villagewarrior View Post
        I guess if you like your guy you take him regardless of value. I think Ponder will be a decent starting quarterback but I think his ceiling is limited. I feel if you are going to go after a quarterback go for the one who could be great, like Kaepernick.
        I can understand why some people feel Christian's upside is limited(I was one of them) since he doesn't really have outstanding physical tools. But Christian is very underated physically he ran a 4.65 at the combine(only 6 QBs had better times). And while he certainly doesn't have a cannon, his arm is more than strong enough.

        None of Drew Brees, Phillip Rivers, Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, Matt Ryan, and Sam Bradford were though to have great physical tools coming out. Their ceiling's certianly weren't/aren't limited. Ponder has good accuracy, and everything you look for mentally from a QB. I think it is fair to say he can be just as great as anyone else if he puts in enough time/work.

        Comment


        • Just found this out about our 5th round CB...



          This is Brandon Burton, the cornerback that the Vikings selected with the 139th overall pick in the 2011 NFL Draft. This picture was taken when he was four years of age.

          Guess you could say that he's been looking forward to being a Viking for a while.

          (Picture courtesy of the Minnesota Vikings' official website.)
          http://www.dailynorseman.com/2011/4/...-selected-with

          Comment


          • Why hasn't anyone mentioned we got 3 potential first round picks with out having a third round pick we got a smart athletic kid at qb who this franchise needs after the tjackpepperfarve shown I would assume this would be a welcome relief. Ballard was considered by many to be a late 1st early2 and randolph is the best te in the draft. Where did we go wrong? We got great value on the line picks we got a sleeper wide out who is intriguing to say the least. I feel better about this draft then almost any in atleast the last five and maybe the last ten years

            Comment


            • Originally posted by marshallb View Post
              The Vikings have announced the numbers for all of the draft picks:
              QB Christian Ponder #7
              TE Kyle Rudolph #82
              DL Christian Ballard #99
              CB Brandon Burton #36
              OL DeMarcus Love #75
              DB Mistral Raymond #30
              C Brandon Fusco #63
              LB Ross Homan #57
              DE D’Aundre Reed #92
              WR Stephen Burton #86
              I can't wait to get this jersey.

              sig by fenikz
              Originally posted by ImBrotherCain
              You are just a terrible person.
              Originally posted by bigbluedefense
              I have an iPhone.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Crazy_Chris View Post
                I can understand why some people feel Christian's upside is limited(I was one of them) since he doesn't really have outstanding physical tools. But Christian is very underated physically he ran a 4.65 at the combine(only 6 QBs had better times). And while he certainly doesn't have a cannon, his arm is more than strong enough.

                None of Drew Brees, Phillip Rivers, Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, Matt Ryan, and Sam Bradford were though to have great physical tools coming out. Their ceiling's certianly weren't/aren't limited. Ponder has good accuracy, and everything you look for mentally from a QB. I think it is fair to say he can be just as great as anyone else if he puts in enough time/work.
                I don't mean to say that Ponder won't be a decent starting quarterback in the league, I actually think he'll do quite well for himself. I guess I think my point is I think Kaepernick is and will be better than Ponder. I actually like Ponder quite a bit, I think it's just a bad spot for him, in my opinion.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by villagewarrior View Post
                  I don't mean to say that Ponder won't be a decent starting quarterback in the league, I actually think he'll do quite well for himself. I guess I think my point is I think Kaepernick is and will be better than Ponder. I actually like Ponder quite a bit, I think it's just a bad spot for him, in my opinion.
                  Oh no I didn't mean that in a sort of call you out post, I had no problem with what you said. It was simply an obversation of the whole stigma attached to Ponder that he has a limited ceiling. Aswell as I said I was one of the people who thought that about him. But upon further thought it's a pretty misguided assumption that he has a limited ceiling .

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X

                  Debug Information