Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Possible Vikings 53 man roster

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Possible Vikings 53 man roster

    Possible final 53 man roster for the Vikings.


    Key battles, full back I have never been a fan of Tahi, however he will make the roster I would like to see someone else in there, only reason D'Imperio might not make the final roster is because of lack of experience, but I again greatly dislike Tahi and wish he would be changed.

    Rice and Harvin I have off the roster because of injuries. Note the () in their names, however with them on clearly Johnson has to go, but then it is either Walker or Webb and again no way we get rid of Webb.

    Other possible thing would be to only carry three offensive tackles. P. Brown is not worth much and Radovich can play multiple positions, and DeGeare I hope can start ahead of Herrera. Also Cook could play some tackle worst case, not great is better than Clark or Brown. I say we must keep Mills on the roster to give another weapon for the team.

    On defense I say we keep more corners, keep Sapp and clearly Cook and Sheppard. The linebackers are fine and I say we keep all of those defensive lineman, especially Evans as a backup to both positions. I would get rid of Kennedy before Evans. And Montgomery could play tackle on pass rushing downs, heck I would want to keep him as well. And no way in hell do they get rid of Griffen!


    QB Favre, T. Jackson, S. Rosenfels
    RB A. Peterson, T. Gerhart, D. Reynaud
    FB R. D'Imperio
    WR (S. Rice), (P. Harvin), B. Berrian, J. Walker, Camarillo J. Webb
    TE V. Shiancoe, J. Kleinsasser, G. Mills
    LT B. McKinnie, P. Brown
    LG S. Hutchinson, R. Cook
    C Sullivan, Cooper
    RG DeGeare, A. Herrera
    RT P. Loadholt, D. Radovich

    LDE R. Edwards, J. Mitchell, M. Montgomery
    LDT P. Williams, J. Kennedy, F. Evans
    RDT K. Williams, L. Guion,
    RDE J. Allen, B. Robison, E. Griffen
    OLB C. Greenway, H. Farwell
    MLB EJ. Henderson, J. Brinkley
    OLB B. Leber, E. Henderson
    LCB Winfield, C. Cook
    SS J. Sanford, T. Johnson
    FS M. Williams, H. Abdullah
    RCB A. Allen, L. Sheppard

    K R. Longwell
    P C. Kluwe
    LS C. Loeffler



    So that is how it could work out for the Vikings maybe, again key would be to keep Webb first and for most. And really they just have to hope to not get an offensive tackle injured, but really having no backup on the roster is not that big of deal because Clark and Brown are nothing special, depends on ones opinions of them.

    Really would want to keep Colt Anderson for special teams but that would be hard.


    *Edited after Camarillo trade.
    Last edited by Ozzy; 08-25-2010, 07:35 PM.

  • #2
    Harvin would have to be on the roster, otherwise he'd have to be put on the PUP list and miss the first 6? games, or on IR and miss the whole season. With the Benny Sapp for Greg Camarillo trade that will alter the roster. Jaymar Johnson was waived and as long as he makes it back will be put on the injured list. As much as I'd like to see Webb at WR, I don't see it happening, and think he will be kept and we will either trade or even cut Sage. I doubt we keep a backup OL for every position, I'd be surprised if we even kept 9 with as many contributors as we have at other positions. I don't see us keeping 6 DEs, and I'm guessing Montgomery will be cut. I don't see how we'd keep only 6 LBs as we use them so vitally in STs, I'd guess that either Triplett or Onatolu makes it almost for STs only. Not bad for DBs other than Sapp getting traded. I was thinking that we'd keep Rhys Lloyd as a kickoff specialist, but I haven't noticed much of a difference between him and Longwell yet in preseason or at camp.

    If I get some time I'll put up my prediction.

    sig by BK and avy by me
    Originally posted by A Perfect Score
    If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.

    Comment


    • #3
      Harvin would have to be on the roster, otherwise he'd have to be put on the PUP list and miss the first 6? games, or on IR and miss the whole season. With the Benny Sapp for Greg Camarillo trade that will alter the roster. Jaymar Johnson was waived and as long as he makes it back will be put on the injured list. As much as I'd like to see Webb at WR, I don't see it happening, and think he will be kept and we will either trade or even cut Sage. I doubt we keep a backup OL for every position, I'd be surprised if we even kept 9 with as many contributors as we have at other positions. I don't see us keeping 6 DEs, and I'm guessing Montgomery will be cut. I don't see how we'd keep only 6 LBs as we use them so vitally in STs, I'd guess that either Triplett or Onatolu makes it almost for STs only. Not bad for DBs other than Sapp getting traded. I was thinking that we'd keep Rhys Lloyd as a kickoff specialist, but I haven't noticed much of a difference between him and Longwell yet in preseason or at camp.

      If I get some time I'll put up my prediction.
      That Sapp deal changes things, but basically keeps them to only four corners which is completely fine. Cararillo is ok and yes he kicks Johnson out of there totally.

      Damn they are pathetically desperate for receiver, Cararillo, please the guy is not even that good. Wow they are so desperate it is almost sad.

      Yes you could be right, could keep Triplett but hell Griffen can and will easily play special teams with his speed. So if it is keeping Griffen or a linebacker I pick Griffen. And absolutely no need for Loyd unless Longwell is bitching about having to do kick offs.


      As for Webb, he could easily play receiver, might not be the smartest thing but why have him the third string quarterback, he will never see the field. And Sage sure could cut him but why not move Webb to receiver, just to fill the spot and see some playing time. Who knows, I would find it hard to cut Sage when we do not know what Jackson has. But honestly how much better is Camarillo at receiver than Webb potentially? Really? Doubt he is that much better, if anything he is clearly smaller.

      That offensive line needs some good young players though, they are struggling for depth.
      Last edited by Ozzy; 08-25-2010, 07:37 PM.

      Comment


      • #4
        Here is my best guess

        Offense(25)
        3 QB:Brett Favre/Tarvaris Jackson/Joe Webb
        3 RB:Adrian Peterson/Toby Gerhart/Albert Young
        1 FB:Nafahu Tahi
        5 WR:Percy Harvin/Bernard Berrian/Greg Camarilo/Greg Lewis/Javon Walker
        4 TE:Visanthe Shiancoe/Jim Kleinsasser/Jeff Dugan/Garret Mills
        4 OT:Bryant McKennie/Phil Loadholt/Ryan Cook/Patrick Brown
        3 OG:Steve Hutchinson/Anthony Herrara/Chris DeGeare
        1 C:John Sullivan

        Defense(25)
        4 DE:Jared Allen/Ray Edwards/Brian Robison/Everson Griffen
        5 DT:Kevin Williams/Pat Williams/Jimmy Kennedy/Fred Evans/Letroy Guion
        5 OLB:Chad Greenway/Ben Leber/Erin Henderson/Heath Farwell/Kenny Onatulu
        2 MLB:EJ Henderson/Jasper Brinkley
        5 CB:Antione Winfield/Chris Cook/Lito Sheppard/Asher Allen/DeAndre Wright
        4 S:Madieu Williams/Jamarca Sanford/Tyrell Johnson/Husain Abdullah

        Special Teams(3)
        K:Ryan Longwell
        P:Chris Kluwe
        LS:Cullen Loeffler

        *Sidney Rice & Cedric Griffin start on PUP

        Practice Squad
        Ryan D'Imperio FB
        Tremaine Johnson DT
        Nate Tripplet LB
        Colt Anderson S
        Ian Johnson RB
        Mickey Shuler TE
        John Cooper C
        Logan Payne WR(Not Sure if he is eligible)
        Last edited by Crazy_Chris; 09-03-2010, 09:23 PM. Reason: Took out Darius Reynaud and Add Garret Mills

        Comment


        • #5
          Not bad Crazy Chris. I don't think Patrick Brown makes the team, and with Sullivan's injury I think we have to keep Cooper. Interesting choice of going with 4 TEs, I don't know how we could cut Jayme Mitchell after his preseason, but with our depth at DL we may have to make a difficult cut. I definitely don't think DeAndre Wright is worthy of making an NFL roster, but with our lack of depth now at CB, that may end up being the case, I'd rather not see him make the team though and keep someone who has NFL talent if he's not gonna be active on gamedays.

          So basically my 53 man roster would probably be the same as yours except Cooper instead of Brown and Mitchell instead of Wright, plus I don't think Griffin will be put on the PUP, so I've gotta guess that Dugan or Mills won't make it, and if preseason performance has any say, it will be Dugan getting cut.

          EDIT: Just after posting this, I checked out the Star Tribune, and DeAndre Wright was the first cut they reported.
          Last edited by marshallb; 09-04-2010, 12:28 PM.

          sig by BK and avy by me
          Originally posted by A Perfect Score
          If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.

          Comment


          • #6
            I really think the Vikings should send a 5th the Broncos way for Alphonso Smith. I mean I don't know exactly how bad he has been with the Broncos (I am sure really bad) but he fills a need a maybe just needs a change of scenery.

            Edit: Since he just got traded, nevermind.
            Last edited by Dr. Gonzo; 09-04-2010, 02:55 PM.

            Comment


            • #7
              Some other comfirmed cuts:
              Wright
              Garrett Mills
              Ryan D'Imperio
              Marcus Sherels
              Tremaine Johnson
              Thomas Austin
              Ian Johnson
              Chris Clark
              Freddie Brown
              Logan Payne
              Mike Montgomery
              Adrian Battles
              Rhys Lloyd
              Javon Walker
              Drew Radovich

              Looks like we're going with 4 WRs, and I was right in that neither Sherels or Wright were worthy of being kept. I also read that it looks like we're keeping 4 TEs, with Mickey Schuler being the 4th. I'd have liked to have seen D'Imperio make it over Tahi, but it was unlikely.
              Last edited by marshallb; 09-04-2010, 04:17 PM. Reason: added Radovich

              sig by BK and avy by me
              Originally posted by A Perfect Score
              If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.

              Comment


              • #8
                I definitely don't think DeAndre Wright is worthy of making an NFL roster, but with our lack of depth now at CB, that may end up being the case, I'd rather not see him make the team though and keep someone who has NFL talent if he's not gonna be active on gamedays.

                EDIT: Just after posting this, I checked out the Star Tribune, and DeAndre Wright was the first cut they reported.
                Yea I am not to high on Wright either but I left DeAndre wright simply because Cook is out for a couple of weeks and I didn't think Griffin would be ready any time soon.

                Originally posted by Marshallb
                Some other comfirmed cuts:
                Wright
                Garrett Mills
                Ryan D'Imperio
                Marcus Sherels
                Tremaine Johnson
                Thomas Austin
                Ian Johnson
                Chris Clark
                Freddie Brown
                Logan Payne
                Mike Montgomery
                Adrian Battles
                Rhys Lloyd
                Javon Walker
                Drew Radovich

                Looks like we're going with 4 WRs, and I was right in that neither Sherels or Wright were worthy of being kept. I also read that it looks like we're keeping 4 TEs, with Mickey Schuler being the 4th. I'd have liked to have seen D'Imperio make it over Tahi, but it was unlikely.
                Soooooo happy the decided to cut Rhys Lloyd I was worried they were actually going to waste a roster spot on a ******* kick off specialist.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Final roster copied from the Star Tribune

                  Quarterback (3): Brett Favre, Tarvaris Jackson, Joe Webb.

                  Running backs (3): Adrian Peterson, Albert Young, Toby Gerhart

                  Fullback (1): Naufahu Tahi

                  Wide receivers (4): Percy Harvin, Bernard Berrian, Greg Lewis, Greg Camarillo

                  Tight ends (4): Visanthe Shiancoe, Jim Kleinsasser, Jeff Dugan, Mickey Shuler

                  Offensive linemen (eight): Bryant McKinnie, Steve Hutchinson, John Sullivan, Anthony Herrera, Phil Loadholt, Ryan Cook, Jon Cooper, Chris DeGeare

                  Defensive linemen (10): Ray Edwards, Kevin Williams, Pat Williams, Jared Allen, Jayme Mitchell, Jimmy Kennedy, Latroy Guion, Brian Robison, Fred Evans, Everson Griffen

                  Linebackers (7): Chad Greenway, E.J. Henderson, Ben Leber, Erin Henderson, Jasper Brinkley, Heath Farwell, Kenny Onatolu

                  Cornerbacks (5): Lito Sheppard, Antoine Winfield, Chris Cook, Asher Allen, Cedric Griffin

                  Safeties (5): Tyrell Johnson, Madieu Williams, Husain Abdullah, Jamarca Sanford, Eric Frampton

                  Specialists (3): Ryan Longwell, kicker; Chris Kluwe, punter, Cullen Loeffler, long snapper

                  List of cuts:
                  S Colt Anderson
                  OG Thomas Austin
                  OG Adrian Battles
                  WR Taye Biddle
                  WR Freddie Brown
                  OT Patrick Brown
                  OT Chris Clark
                  FB Ryan D’Imperio
                  WR Marquis Hamilton
                  RB Ian Johnson
                  DT Tremaine Johnson
                  K Rhys Lloyd
                  TE Garrett Mills
                  DE Mike Montgomery
                  WR Logan Payne
                  OT Drew Radovich
                  CB Marcus Sherels
                  LB Nate Triplett
                  WR Javon Walker
                  CB DeAndre Wright


                  Not much for surprises, and my guess was real close. Only wrong was Schuler instead of Walker, and I guess crazy chris only had 52 guys on his roster, he only had 24 instead of 25 offensive players, so I didn't have Frampton.

                  sig by BK and avy by me
                  Originally posted by A Perfect Score
                  If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by marshallb View Post
                    Final roster copied from the Star Tribune

                    Quarterback (3): Brett Favre, Tarvaris Jackson, Joe Webb.

                    Running backs (3): Adrian Peterson, Albert Young, Toby Gerhart

                    Fullback (1): Naufahu Tahi

                    Wide receivers (4): Percy Harvin, Bernard Berrian, Greg Lewis, Greg Camarillo

                    Tight ends (4): Visanthe Shiancoe, Jim Kleinsasser, Jeff Dugan, Mickey Shuler

                    Offensive linemen (eight): Bryant McKinnie, Steve Hutchinson, John Sullivan, Anthony Herrera, Phil Loadholt, Ryan Cook, Jon Cooper, Chris DeGeare

                    Defensive linemen (10): Ray Edwards, Kevin Williams, Pat Williams, Jared Allen, Jayme Mitchell, Jimmy Kennedy, Latroy Guion, Brian Robison, Fred Evans, Everson Griffen

                    Linebackers (7): Chad Greenway, E.J. Henderson, Ben Leber, Erin Henderson, Jasper Brinkley, Heath Farwell, Kenny Onatolu

                    Cornerbacks (5): Lito Sheppard, Antoine Winfield, Chris Cook, Asher Allen, Cedric Griffin

                    Safeties (5): Tyrell Johnson, Madieu Williams, Husain Abdullah, Jamarca Sanford, Eric Frampton

                    Specialists (3): Ryan Longwell, kicker; Chris Kluwe, punter, Cullen Loeffler, long snapper

                    List of cuts:
                    S Colt Anderson
                    OG Thomas Austin
                    OG Adrian Battles
                    WR Taye Biddle
                    WR Freddie Brown
                    OT Patrick Brown
                    OT Chris Clark
                    FB Ryan D’Imperio
                    WR Marquis Hamilton
                    RB Ian Johnson
                    DT Tremaine Johnson
                    K Rhys Lloyd
                    TE Garrett Mills
                    DE Mike Montgomery
                    WR Logan Payne
                    OT Drew Radovich
                    CB Marcus Sherels
                    LB Nate Triplett
                    WR Javon Walker
                    CB DeAndre Wright


                    Not much for surprises, and my guess was real close. Only wrong was Schuler instead of Walker, and I guess crazy chris only had 52 guys on his roster, he only had 24 instead of 25 offensive players, so I didn't have Frampton.
                    I kinda thought they would keep Javon Walker for the extra WR, then again with all these TJ rumors flying around right now who knows.

                    Guys I hope clear waivers and we get to the practice squad:

                    S Colt Anderson
                    FB Ryan D’Imperio
                    TE Garrett Mills
                    CB Marcus Sherels
                    LB Nate Triplett


                    And yes, Im still pissed about the Reynaud trade. :-(

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by General Zod View Post
                      I kinda thought they would keep Javon Walker for the extra WR, then again with all these TJ rumors flying around right now who knows.

                      Guys I hope clear waivers and we get to the practice squad:

                      S Colt Anderson
                      FB Ryan D’Imperio
                      TE Garrett Mills
                      CB Marcus Sherels
                      LB Nate Triplett


                      And yes, Im still pissed about the Reynaud trade. :-(
                      I agree with you there, I'd like to see any of those guys, Ian Johnson, Logan Payne, Tremaine Johnson, and an OL.

                      Seeing Walker get cut was the biggest surprise to me, and I guess probably in correlation to that Schuler making it.

                      sig by BK and avy by me
                      Originally posted by A Perfect Score
                      If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        If we don't get TJ I really don't like the Walker cut. I liked what I saw out of him in the limited action he got.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I really liked what I saw from Walker, but we've never been one to keep many WRs. I'd like to see us sign a CB though and then waive someone, maybe Schuler and place him on our practice squad. If we try going into this first game with only 3 healthy CBs we're gonna get picked apart.

                          sig by BK and avy by me
                          Originally posted by A Perfect Score
                          If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by yo123 View Post
                            If we don't get TJ I really don't like the Walker cut. I liked what I saw out of him in the limited action he got.
                            I agree with this. I like Walker better than TJ.

                            sig by fenikz
                            Originally posted by ImBrotherCain
                            You are just a terrible person.
                            Originally posted by bigbluedefense
                            I have an iPhone.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Here is who made the PS so far...

                              Ryan D'Imperio FB
                              Marcus Sherels CB
                              Logan Payne WR
                              Freddie Brown WR
                              Thomas Austin OG
                              Colt Anderson S
                              Tremaine Johnson DT

                              Still one more spot

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X

                              Debug Information