Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Minnesota Vikings Discussion

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • IDK, maybe I'm just biased against Jackson or something because Favre has come in and done a wonderful job. It just doesn't seem like he has confidence or going through the motions if you will. I can't really explain my feelings here. I'm just baffled at what Favre has done for this team. But I will still not buy his jersey.

    sig by fenikz
    Originally posted by ImBrotherCain
    You are just a terrible person.
    Originally posted by bigbluedefense
    I have an iPhone.

    Comment


    • I realize that there can be an argument made for Jackson but it only takes an average football fan to realize he's not the answer. He lacks that number one thing that all the elite QBs in this league have, intelligence. He just does some god awful things. I really could get over the accuracy issues if he just played a little smarter but he doesn't. Even Harvin and Rice won't solve the problems he has and I will confidently say that he has started his last game a Viking. He isn't the answer, no matter what people try to say about him.

      GO Favre.

      Comment


      • I'm going to ask for a new vikings jersey for christmas. Who should I get out of these:

        Harvin
        Rice
        Allen

        I want an away jersey, since I already have a home AP jersey

        sig by fenikz
        Originally posted by ImBrotherCain
        You are just a terrible person.
        Originally posted by bigbluedefense
        I have an iPhone.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by vikes_29 View Post
          I'm going to ask for a new vikings jersey for christmas. Who should I get out of these:

          Harvin
          Rice
          Allen

          I want an away jersey, since I already have a home AP jersey
          *See my sig*

          Comment


          • I am hoping I get an Allen jersey because the man has become my favorite player in the league.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by vikes_29 View Post
              I'm going to ask for a new vikings jersey for christmas. Who should I get out of these:

              Harvin
              Rice
              Allen

              I want an away jersey, since I already have a home AP jersey
              I would get a Harvin or Rice jersey, then get a "Mullet Militia" shirt from Jared Allens' website.

              Yessir!

              BoneKruser with the DOPE sig

              Comment


              • Originally posted by JFLO View Post
                I would get a Harvin or Rice jersey, then get a "Mullet Militia" shirt from Jared Allens' website.

                Yessir!
                They sell the Jared Allen shirts on Vikings.com shop now.

                There is a place were I live that can take names off the back of replica jerseys and put a new name on and i was considering buying a Gus jersey and putting Harvin on it.



                Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure

                Comment


                • White Harvin. He's just awesome....

                  Comment


                  • Here's my response to the people that criticize the extension for Childress. There is a logical flaw in your argument that he does not deserve it. You say "Yes, he improved the record every year but only this year they're doing great but its because of Favre." Favre played last year as well, went 8-8 or something like that, correct? Favre then gets introduced to a new team, starts out 9-1, correct? So if we're going to put this success all on Favre, then what gives last year with the Jets? Your assumption is that the success of this team is SOLEY based on Brett Favre. Wouldn't that then translate ot success last year as well, if only Favre is responsible?

                    The fact of the matter is that this success is a two way street.

                    Childress has built an extremely good football team from top to bottom that was simply a QB away from being capable of winning a championship. Brett Favre was still a great quarterback that was simply a good football team away from still being capable of winning a championship. Childress has to get some of the credit for the Vikings being where they were pre-Favre, only one position away from being a dominant team.

                    You take any good team and coach and take away effective QB play and you get a mediocre team. The Patriots last year for example, lost their franchise quarterback and ended with the same 10-6 record as the Vikings if I'm not mistaken. Bill Bellichek was never criticized for being an in-effective coach. Good coaches still NEED great QBs to succeed. I'll give Childress the benefit of the doubt. Considering he was able to successfully get us into the playoffs last year with Gus and TJax starting at Quarterback is worthy of some praise.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by andyjo672 View Post
                      Here's my response to the people that criticize the extension for Childress. There is a logical flaw in your argument that he does not deserve it. You say "Yes, he improved the record every year but only this year they're doing great but its because of Favre." Favre played last year as well, went 8-8 or something like that, correct? Favre then gets introduced to a new team, starts out 9-1, correct? So if we're going to put this success all on Favre, then what gives last year with the Jets? Your assumption is that the success of this team is SOLEY based on Brett Favre. Wouldn't that then translate ot success last year as well, if only Favre is responsible?

                      The fact of the matter is that this success is a two way street.

                      Childress has built an extremely good football team from top to bottom that was simply a QB away from being capable of winning a championship. Brett Favre was still a great quarterback that was simply a good football team away from still being capable of winning a championship. Childress has to get some of the credit for the Vikings being where they were pre-Favre, only one position away from being a dominant team.

                      You take any good team and coach and take away effective QB play and you get a mediocre team. The Patriots last year for example, lost their franchise quarterback and ended with the same 10-6 record as the Vikings if I'm not mistaken. Bill Bellichek was never criticized for being an in-effective coach. Good coaches still NEED great QBs to succeed. I'll give Childress the benefit of the doubt. Considering he was able to successfully get us into the playoffs last year with Gus and TJax starting at Quarterback is worthy of some praise.

                      Who's saying it's all Favre? It's the overall talent on the team.

                      Comment


                      • Belechick wasn't criticized because he's won 3 Super Bowls, and went 10-6 with a scrap heap QB, not one he handpicked as being their future at the position (Jackson).
                        Originally posted by Scott Wright
                        I could also go on a rant about how Uncle Joe from Willky Wonka is a major dick.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by yo123 View Post
                          Who's saying it's all Favre? It's the overall talent on the team.
                          Completely agree, but the one thing that has changed was Brett Favre (Yes, I know Harvin too) and people prior to this posting consistently said Chilly didn't deserve the extension because he hasn't proven anything until Favre got there. I make the argument that even the coaches that are considered the best only have average seasons with average quarterbacks (Bill B last year with Cassell). Now that Childress is proving that he, indeed, can win even if that is with a good quarterback you can't use that as a knock against him. Every team needs solid if not spectacular QB play if they want to contend for championships.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by the_legend_killer View Post
                            Belechick wasn't criticized because he's won 3 Super Bowls, and went 10-6 with a scrap heap QB, not one he handpicked as being their future at the position (Jackson).

                            BB needs Brady and BB got lucky as hell with Brady. There is no way you draft a QB in the 6th round and have any realistic expectaiton that he's going to turn out to be the future of your team and your coaching career. Without Brady BB would have proabably been fired from NE just like he was fired in Cleveland.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by the_legend_killer View Post
                              Belechick wasn't criticized because he's won 3 Super Bowls, and went 10-6 with a scrap heap QB, not one he handpicked as being their future at the position (Jackson).

                              He won 3 Super Bowls WITH a Hall of Fame QB. Based on the argument that Childress doesn't deserve an extension because it took Brett Favre to get him to win games, then coaches like Bellicheck shouldn't either because last year showed that he can't win championships without the HOF QB either.

                              And if you then say "But Childress drafted Jackson to be the QB of the future! He's an idiot, no extension!" That seems a little harsh to me. So a 2nd round draft pick didn't turn out, it isn't the only time that's happened. Or even worse, he picked what was supposed to be the future of the organization, and it ended up in failure. Again, this isn't the only time this has happened either. The fact that he's been able to overcome this and still lead this team to the playoffs with patchwork QB play is testament to the quality of the team he has built around him.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by andyjo672 View Post
                                Completely agree, but the one thing that has changed was Brett Favre (Yes, I know Harvin too) and people prior to this posting consistently said Chilly didn't deserve the extension because he hasn't proven anything until Favre got there. I make the argument that even the coaches that are considered the best only have average seasons with average quarterbacks (Bill B last year with Cassell). Now that Childress is proving that he, indeed, can win even if that is with a good quarterback you can't use that as a knock against him. Every team needs solid if not spectacular QB play if they want to contend for championships.
                                We aren't saying Childress was a bad scouting guy. We never said that. His terrible play-calling is his downfall, that's what will get the Vikings in trouble down the road. He is too selfish to let Bevell call the shots. Childress will be the reason we lose the NFCCG if that's where we make it.

                                sig by fenikz
                                Originally posted by ImBrotherCain
                                You are just a terrible person.
                                Originally posted by bigbluedefense
                                I have an iPhone.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information