Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Minnesota Vikings Discussion

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by the_legend_killer View Post
    Good for Percy, he made a very big impact on the team this year and was deserving of the award. I'm ready to eat crow, I was pretty against the Harvin pick initially, but he's shown up ready to work and has made an impact. Looks like a great slot receiver and return man for years to come.
    I wasn't very happy about the pick, but for reasons that were cleared up. I believed he had the talent, but I felt that we should take Oher, but we were able to get Loadholt in the 2nd, so that filled our biggest need, RT. I also wasn't sure we'd use him in the right way, but I have been pretty happy with how we've used him.

    sig by BK and avy by me
    Originally posted by A Perfect Score
    If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.

    Comment


    • I am going to pat myself on the back a little. I am wrong as much as I am right but I was pulling for Harvin to be the pick all last offseason. I am glad I got to be at the Draft and be one of the very few who cheered the pick. When Oher fell I kind of wanted him but I think in the end things turned out for the best. Congrats Percy and hopefully he can help lead to Vikes to a superbowl so he can have a nice relaxing weed filled offseason.

      Comment


      • Frazier to Interview with Bills

        sig by fenikz
        Originally posted by ImBrotherCain
        You are just a terrible person.
        Originally posted by bigbluedefense
        I have an iPhone.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by vikes_29 View Post
          Let's cross our fingers that we hold onto him for another year.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by vikes_29 View Post


            Don't get me wrong I like him and all, but don't you think there are a lot of guys out there that could have done what he did this year?

            Coaching a defense with guys like Allen, the Williams', EJ, Greenway, Winfield, Griffin, and Ray Edwards isn't exactly rocket science, and I don't think we always played up to our potential this year.

            I'll be somewhat upset if he leaves, but if he does I won't be completely crushed.

            Comment


            • I didn't say I wanted him to stay. I think he deserves it to go and be a head coach somewhere else. I honestly think that he will stay for another year at least. I don't think Ralph Wilson will take a coach who hasn't had previous experience. I would bet money that they get Bill Cowher.

              IF he does leave, I have a feeling that Childress will just promote someone from within the organization.

              sig by fenikz
              Originally posted by ImBrotherCain
              You are just a terrible person.
              Originally posted by bigbluedefense
              I have an iPhone.

              Comment


              • I still hate Brad Childress. Even if we win the superbowl, I will still hate Brad Childress.

                Comment




                • ha.

                  sig by fenikz
                  Originally posted by ImBrotherCain
                  You are just a terrible person.
                  Originally posted by bigbluedefense
                  I have an iPhone.

                  Comment


                  • I think that everyone needs to be a little bit more pessimistic about the Super Bowl possibilites for the Vikings. The playoffs aren't easy. I am a vikings fan, but level headed enough to tell you that they will do something to screw it up. All this "it's our year" and "Vikings are Super Bowl bound" garbage needs to stop.
                    I posted this on the Vikings fan page on facebook. All of them are saying the same things. It just seems like a bunch of ignorant fans that don't see the potential in teams like the Cardinals and Packers.

                    sig by fenikz
                    Originally posted by ImBrotherCain
                    You are just a terrible person.
                    Originally posted by bigbluedefense
                    I have an iPhone.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by vikes_28 View Post
                      I posted this on the Vikings fan page on facebook. All of them are saying the same things. It just seems like a bunch of ignorant fans that don't see the potential in teams like the Cardinals and Packers.
                      Right now, i'm a bit more concerned about the Cowboys than the Packers and Cards. Their defense plays really well and their offense seems to have found a way to be balanced with Jones and Barber tearing it up. I'm pretty sure that they will beat the Eagles in Dalas this weekend and i'm not sure how well our defense will match up against them. We need Fat Pat to be back and in great shape to plug the middle if we want to have a chance against them.

                      I'm like you, i'm not one of those fans that thinks we'll easily win the SB. The Bye and home field advantage gives us a better chance to reach it. With some luck, Arizona or Green Bay will beat NO in the second round and we can play the NFL championship at home. Wolrd war 3 between GB and Minnesota would be fun to watch.

                      Comment


                      • Lol, and the Minnesota Vikings deleted my post on their fan page :D

                        sig by fenikz
                        Originally posted by ImBrotherCain
                        You are just a terrible person.
                        Originally posted by bigbluedefense
                        I have an iPhone.

                        Comment


                        • If this season was any indication for me, it's that Peterson is at his finest when he's utilizing that violent, explosive running style.

                          A style that will probably unfortunately cut his career short by 2-4 years, but you just can't cage Peterson like they did at some points of this season. Re-watching some of the games, you can tell that he's hitting his hole much differently than he did previously, and that was because he wasn't being consistent enough.

                          At this point, however, you just need accept him for what he is, a breathtaking athlete who will rip off long runs. He might not get 4 yards every time, but you live with it if he manages 3-4 20+'ers a game.
                          "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

                          Comment


                          • What worries me sometimes about Peterson is that he seems to have lost a bit of his instinct as a runningback. In his first year, he hit those holes like crazy without really thinking and trusted his talent. He never seemed uncertain, he just ran like hell.

                            Now, i think he is a bit overcoached. Sometime he gets the ball and seems uncertain where to go. He looks (and waits) too much for the perfect hole and when holes are not perfect or collapse, he loses a yard or two. He seems to think a bit too much and not react on instinct as well as when he came into the league. If he could get to a mental point between running on pure instinct and overthinking every details, he would be even better than now.

                            With that said, he's a way better blocker and especially receiver now than he was last year and that opens up more possibilities for him to gain yards on pass plays.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by pete_norm View Post
                              What worries me sometimes about Peterson is that he seems to have lost a bit of his instinct as a runningback. In his first year, he hit those holes like crazy without really thinking and trusted his talent. He never seemed uncertain, he just ran like hell.

                              Now, i think he is a bit overcoached. Sometime he gets the ball and seems uncertain where to go. He looks (and waits) too much for the perfect hole and when holes are not perfect or collapse, he loses a yard or two. He seems to think a bit too much and not react on instinct as well as when he came into the league. If he could get to a mental point between running on pure instinct and overthinking every details, he would be even better than now.

                              With that said, he's a way better blocker and especially receiver now than he was last year and that opens up more possibilities for him to gain yards on pass plays.

                              The last two weeks of the year I thought he ran really well, and more similar to the style that makes him so good. Except for that damn fumble against the Bears.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by yo123 View Post
                                The last two weeks of the year I thought he ran really well, and more similar to the style that makes him so good. Except for that damn fumble against the Bears.
                                The worst thing about that fumble is that without it, we might have had the first seed in the playoff since NO lost to Carolina in the last week of the season :(

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information