Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jesus christ, this is going to be a long week! i cannot wait until sunday!

Bonekrusher.

Originally posted by JordanTaber
    Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.

Comment

• "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

Comment

• When you see Harvin's entire body of work, it makes it all that much more impressive. This kid is a straight stud.
        "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

Comment

• Forgot to give you guys props on the ass kicking the past weekend, certainly not expected but well deserved. Ray Edwards played like a mad man, Columbo sucked balls and probably should of been benched for Free anyhow, but he may be our starting LT for us next year anyway.

I really really liked Robison for you guys(obviously because he's a Longhorn but a physical specimen and versatyle) and I figured he would benefit the most from your dominant 3, but Edwards showed me alot. He has a nice arsenal of moves, and when Pat Daddy is in the middle shutting **** down it helps in general.

I think we could of at least made it competitive but driving way down field to continually miss FG's was killing our momentum, but either way with the way the D-line was dominating us it wouldn't have mattered. Just hate that Folk ruined his season/career with the surgery and honestly there weren't any better options out there late in the year, he used to be so clutch for us. People will assume Romo choked or played like **** which I can see but he had people in his face all game. We moved the ball early but you guys did your part and kept us out of the end zone.

I love what I see in Rice, I had been a fan for years now, and remember posing the question last off-season of why you guys were so in love with courting Housh when you had the same player in Rice except younger, cheaper, and more explosive, Rice always had all the tools so no surprise there.

What is a surprise is that AD looks pedestrian, nothing more then average, which I haven't seen from him EVER, not since I've been following him since he was about 17 years old. He's always been the best athlete on the field and made defenses look foolish, I don't know if he indeed did gain the weight, or is hurt, or what, but he's not the same player he's been his entire career and I'd love to see the old AD back. He only needs to be a good 215, he's got the right mix of power and speed, I just hope he breaks out vs NO because now that were gone I wouldn't mind seeing Favre win a SB.

Gotta give Chilly his props, when guys were talking about earlier how all this hoopla wasn't fair to T-Jack and Sage, wonder how they feel now.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
          I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• Just helping pass the time fellas.
            "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

Comment

• Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
              Forgot to give you guys props on the ass kicking the past weekend, certainly not expected but well deserved. Ray Edwards played like a mad man, Columbo sucked balls and probably should of been benched for Free anyhow, but he may be our starting LT for us next year anyway.

I really really liked Robison for you guys(obviously because he's a Longhorn but a physical specimen and versatyle) and I figured he would benefit the most from your dominant 3, but Edwards showed me alot. He has a nice arsenal of moves, and when Pat Daddy is in the middle shutting **** down it helps in general.

I think we could of at least made it competitive but driving way down field to continually miss FG's was killing our momentum, but either way with the way the D-line was dominating us it wouldn't have mattered. Just hate that Folk ruined his season/career with the surgery and honestly there weren't any better options out there late in the year, he used to be so clutch for us. People will assume Romo choked or played like **** which I can see but he had people in his face all game. We moved the ball early but you guys did your part and kept us out of the end zone.

I love what I see in Rice, I had been a fan for years now, and remember posing the question last off-season of why you guys were so in love with courting Housh when you had the same player in Rice except younger, cheaper, and more explosive, Rice always had all the tools so no surprise there.

What is a surprise is that AD looks pedestrian, nothing more then average, which I haven't seen from him EVER, not since I've been following him since he was about 17 years old. He's always been the best athlete on the field and made defenses look foolish, I don't know if he indeed did gain the weight, or is hurt, or what, but he's not the same player he's been his entire career and I'd love to see the old AD back. He only needs to be a good 215, he's got the right mix of power and speed, I just hope he breaks out vs NO because now that were gone I wouldn't mind seeing Favre win a SB.

Gotta give Chilly his props, when guys were talking about earlier how all this hoopla wasn't fair to T-Jack and Sage, wonder how they feel now.
              Thanks for the words. Like I said in your guys' thread, game just snowballed on you guys. it happens to us.

We are all just so skeptical right now. '98 left us some scars that seriously hurt. We have been burned many a time before. It's just hard to think about what we can still achieve this season.

About the game, yeah, I agree, Free wasn't bad at all. I have liked him for awhile. Definitely need some OL help in the draft, luckily you guys get your 1st back again so that's good.

As far as Childress goes, I think Sunday was the first time we actually saw him motivate the troops. He has always been a pretty damn good talent evaluator, but he's evolving as a coach and I don't think any of us can deny that.

Peterson is so damn due. Our offensive line just isn't getting push. I think we can run on them on Sunday. He's definitely running harder the past 3-4 weeks after a terrible midseason lull. It's just tough for him, it's not like he's missing holes or anything. Just bad blocking.

Ray Edwards is earning himself a hell of a lot of $ this offseason, enough to where it's pretty certain that we won't be able to re-sign him with pending Peterson/Sidney Rice extensions. Although we are in all likelihood cutting Madieu Williams and Berrian so that will give us a ton of cap room as well since both contracts were fairly frontloaded while we were so far under the cap.

Still wondering why you guys kicked a FG on the 30 in the opening drive. Loud stadium, shaky kicker, short down and distance, moving the ball well.. just all the ingredients. I can see wanting to put up points early (especially since your D had been playing so well prior to our tilt), but you gotta gamble sometimes.

Best of luck. Most of my thoughts are on your guys thread.

Comment

• Originally posted by djp View Post
                Best of luck. Most of my thoughts are on your guys thread.
                Yea I kinda skipped over most of that, still not over the game :( So I didn't rehash most of the stuff in the thread. I didn't know Ray Edwards contract was up soon though, should be interesting to see how you guys play that out because Rice isn't going anywhere. Curious to see if he can keep this up if Favre happens to retire.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Thanks for the words. Like I said in your guys' thread, game just snowballed on you guys. it happens to us.

We are all just so skeptical right now. '98 left us some scars that seriously hurt. We have been burned many a time before. It's just hard to think about what we can still achieve this season.
                  Also, 2000 (or whatever year that was), when the Giants rocked our asses. I turned that game off after the first quarter.

sig by fenikz
                  Originally posted by ImBrotherCain
                  You are just a terrible person.
                  Originally posted by bigbluedefense
                  I have an iPhone.

Comment

• Originally posted by vikes_28 View Post
                    Also, 2000 (or whatever year that was), when the Giants rocked our asses. I turned that game off after the first quarter.
                    Not nearly as bad. That team was not going to beat the Ravens and they got blown out. Blow outs are much easier to take than missing a ******* chip shot with a kicker who hadn't missed all season to ice the game.

Comment

• Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                      Yea I kinda skipped over most of that, still not over the game :( So I didn't rehash most of the stuff in the thread. I didn't know Ray Edwards contract was up soon though, should be interesting to see how you guys play that out because Rice isn't going anywhere. Curious to see if he can keep this up if Favre happens to retire.
                      One thing we have to remember is he's probably going to lose about 10% of the contract that he would get since he tested positive for steroids and is one more suspension away from missing a full 16. He's not dumb enough to violate it again (I hope, let's not forget he claimed he was gonna break Strahan's single season sack record), I don't think.

It's possible that we re-sign him, but that would be a ridiculously large amount of $ invested in 4 lineman. Not to mention we are probably gonna give a 1st or 2nd rounder money to play behind (or for if we win the SB) Pat Williams.

He is also an RFA, meaning we could match a contract or receive compensation for him. Vikings have to decide what type of transition tag/qualifying offer they want to give him. I'd say it's likely he's back next year, but probably not long after that.

Childress and Spielman have been VERY loyal to current players (Griffin, Winfield, Greenway, Henderson to name a few), so I wouldn't be shocked by a 3-4 year deal either.

Comment

• Check this one out....pretty damn funny.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5Vl8YakINc

Comment

• Originally posted by hagy34 View Post
                          Check this one out....pretty damn funny.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5Vl8YakINc

for the people who are too lazy to leave NFLDC

sig by fenikz
                          Originally posted by ImBrotherCain
                          You are just a terrible person.
                          Originally posted by bigbluedefense
                          I have an iPhone.

Comment

• Have you guys heard that Keith Brooking is starting up the NFL Play 58 Campaign this offseason? Yes, that is correct. He encourages kids to get out and play 58 minutes each day, but definitely not 60 because he doesn't want you to hurt someones feelings.

Comment

When you see Harvin's entire body of work, it makes it all that much more impressive. This kid is a straight stud.
                              What really stands out for Percy in that video is that number of yards he gets after first contact. He's a small guy but still he's real difficult to bring down.

Comment

• Originally posted by pete_norm View Post
                                What really stands out for Percy in that video is that number of yards he gets after first contact. He's a small guy but still he's real difficult to bring down.
                                This is what has also impressed me the most about Percy. I knew that he could do "stuff", but i didn't know that he could break tackles like he did.
                                Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
                                Thanks jerks, I have an exam tomorrow and reading this lowered my IQ by 14 points. Dicks.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information