Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I would be more than happy to see a Peterson/Tomlinson back field. I would take LT over any other RB out there right now or any RB that we who isn't named Peterson. We are built to win now and this would only improve our team.
    Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
    Thanks jerks, I have an exam tomorrow and reading this lowered my IQ by 14 points. Dicks.

Comment

• LT sucks. He would do nothing for us. Give us Westbrook or Fargas

Bonekrusher.

Originally posted by JordanTaber
      Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.

Comment

• ^^ agreed. LDT has lost a step, and he can't catch out of the backfield like he used to.

sig by fenikz
        Originally posted by ImBrotherCain
        You are just a terrible person.
        Originally posted by bigbluedefense
        I have an iPhone.

Comment

• Per PFT:

Sapp agrees to return to Minnesota
          Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on March 9, 2010 3:03 PM ET
          Benny Sapp will be back with the Vikings to provide depth at cornerback in 2010.

Sapp's agent Andy Simms broke the news on Twitter. Sapp has played the dime and nickel back for the Vikings the last two years, often moving up the depth chart because of injuries.

We have nothing more to say about Benny Sapp. Plus, there's another signing to report.
          Thanks jerks, I have an exam tomorrow and reading this lowered my IQ by 14 points. Dicks.

Comment

• I like the signing. Benny Sapp is comfortable in our defense, all the players like him, nothing wrong with this. Shows that if you are a borderline player that works hard and progresses, you'll be rewarded.

As far as Tomlinson goes, I'm iffy on it. He's looked sluggish the past 2 seasons, but maybe the release will re-motivate him a la Corey Dillon. He can't hurt anything with Peterson's development, that's for sure.
            "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

Comment

• I would take Tomlinson over Westbrook anyday.

1) He's not as big of a health risk than Westbrook
              2) He could teach Adrian how to actually hold on to the ball, dude has 1 fumble in the past 3 seasons
              3) He is the closest style to Adrian Peterson and could teach him more about patience as a runner.

BoneKruser with the DOPE sig

Comment

• Tomlinson is coming in for a Visit on Thursday.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ings-thursday/

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure

Comment

• Originally posted by The Dynasty View Post
                  Tomlinson is coming in for a Visit on Thursday.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ings-thursday/
                  Was just going to post this. Hmmm, I wonder if Asher Allen would give up 21 to Tomlinson.

sig by fenikz
                  I have an iPhone.

Comment

• I'm sure LT has the cash needed to get it from him.

I am definitely in the pro-LT camp.

Comment

• Signing LT won't hurt our chances of seeing Favre in purple once again. It's not a huge signing but I'd prefer this over Albert Young and/or using a high draft choice on a running back.

If this goes down our first three draft choices need to be used on DB and OL depth.

Comment

• I'd rather we sign LT as a coach than a player, so hopefully that is basically what his role will be. He looked totally washed up in SD, basically all he had left to contribute there was his blocking skills.

I think Westbrook offers more to us schematically.

That said, I think I would rather a 3rd or 4th rounder used on a back then picking up a vet.

Props to BK on the sig!

Comment

• Originally posted by wogitalia View Post
                          I'd rather we sign LT as a coach than a player, so hopefully that is basically what his role will be. He looked totally washed up in SD, basically all he had left to contribute there was his blocking skills.

I think Westbrook offers more to us schematically.

That said, I think I would rather a 3rd or 4th rounder used on a back then picking up a vet.
                          The problem with using a 3rd or 4th round pick on a back is that rookies typically offer little in the means of blocking. I'm not sure that I'm ready to spend next season thinking that a combo of Peterson/Rookie RB/Albert Young can be relied upon to protect our QB on passing downs.

Tomlinson did look bad last year in SD but at the same time he was being relied upon to carry the load. He won't do that here.

Comment

• I am good with Sapp returning.

As for the LT vs Westbrook, Im really on the fence, I see pros and cons of both. I guess Id be happy as long as we sign at least one of them.

Comment

• I'm really glad we brought Sapp back, and I'd be very happy with LT, he's lost a step, but he can still be a good 3rd down back, he's an excellent blocker and pass catcher, plus like someone else said, hopefully he can teach AD something about not fumbling. I honestly would prefer LT to Westbrook, but I'd be fine with either and would take either one over a rookie back in the mid rounds for this year anyways.

sig by BK and avy by me
                              Originally posted by A Perfect Score
                              If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.

Comment

• Originally posted by marshallb View Post
                                I'm really glad we brought Sapp back, and I'd be very happy with LT, he's lost a step, but he can still be a good 3rd down back, he's an excellent blocker and pass catcher, plus like someone else said, hopefully he can teach AD something about not fumbling. I honestly would prefer LT to Westbrook, but I'd be fine with either and would take either one over a rookie back in the mid rounds for this year anyways.
                                Or who knows, maybe LT will make AP watch. I'd love to see Adrian taken out of a game because he's fumbled 3 times.

sig by fenikz
                                I have an iPhone.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information