Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm happy Sapp is back. Hopefully he can continue to grow in purple.

As far as LT vs. Westy, I'm torn. I feel Westbrook has more football left in him, but his concussions at this point in his career are worrisome. LT could be productive as a 3rd down back, maybe taking away some GL carries to keep AD fresh. But there's a reason San Diego cut ties and weren't exactly dying to have him back last year; he's a shell of his former self. I do prefer either option to taking a RB high in the draft.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlueBandit24 View Post
      I'm happy Sapp is back. Hopefully he can continue to grow in purple.

As far as LT vs. Westy, I'm torn. I feel Westbrook has more football left in him, but his concussions at this point in his career are worrisome. LT could be productive as a 3rd down back, maybe taking away some GL carries to keep AD fresh. But there's a reason San Diego cut ties and weren't exactly dying to have him back last year; he's a shell of his former self. I do prefer either option to taking a RB high in the draft.
      Good points. But let's be honest. San Diego had to cut him because of the money he was owed. I'm sure if San Diego could have him on the cheap as a role player they'd love to have somebody like that. It's just so much different with Tomlinson on this team than what he was supposed to do in SD. He can block. He can catch. More importantly he won't fumble.

Comment

• Yes, give me LT. He may not be the same LT, but he definitely won't fumble, and he can catch and block.

Bonekrusher.

Originally posted by JordanTaber
        Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.

Comment

• Marlin Jackson signed with the Eagles. :-(

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/1...marlin-jackson

Comment

• Originally posted by General Zod View Post
            Marlin Jackson signed with the Eagles. :-(

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/1...marlin-jackson
            Sad day. Are there any other notable CB's in free agency that we could take? I would check, but I'm feeling too lazy/ unmotivated to do it right now.

sig by fenikz
            Originally posted by ImBrotherCain
            You are just a terrible person.
            Originally posted by bigbluedefense
            I have an iPhone.

Comment

• L.T. heads to New York, but was "wowed" by Vikings
              Posted by Mike Florio on March 11, 2010 6:54 PM ET
              After spending Wednesday night and Thursday with the Vikings, running back LaDainian Tomlinson has left Minnesota for a visit with the Jets.

According to Jim Trotter of SI.com, L.T. said he "really liked" what he heard in Minnesota.

Judd Zulgad of the Minneapolis Star Tribune reports that Tomlinson left team headquarters within the hour holding a Vikings jersey.

Trotter says that, if the Jets really want Tomlinson, "they'll have to bring it." L.T. told Trotter that the Vikings "really wowed him," and that he "could see himself playing there."

Peter King reported earlier today that L.T. could visit the Eagles and Saints next week; Trotter says that Tomlinson acknowledged that he has set up tentative visits next week, but that he could make up his mind over the weekend regarding his next team.
              oh noes!!1! i've been rep raped

Comment

• To me this is good news... I wouldn't be jumping for joy because we have LT on our team. But IMO LT will be looking for 1 of 2 things a.) a starting RB role B.) a Chance to win a superbowl. Obviously he won't be getting option A in MN so if LT is really strongly considering joining the Vikings to me that is a sign that they are definatly expecting Favre to come back.

Comment

• Per PFT:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...t-ray-edwards/

Posted by Mike Florio on March 11, 2010 9:44 PM ET
                  As the Vikings try to upgrade their roster with the addition of running back LaDainian Tomlinson, they might have to worry about another team trying to pilfer one of their restricted free agents.

Bob Grotz of the Delaware County Times recently reported that the Eagles "are expected" to make a run at Minnesota defensive end Ray Edwards. The four-year veteran has been tendered at the first-round level.

The Saints also have been mentioned as a team that might pursue Edwards, which would be an intriguing development given that Edwards said he would have targeted Saints quarterback Drew Brees for late and/or low hits if he had known that Saints defenders were knocking around Minnesota quarterback Brett Favre.

Of course, Edwards might not be interested in leaving. But a long-term contract tends to change a guy's mind -- so perhaps it would be wise for the Vikings to work out a multi-year contract with Edwards before a team drafting in the bottom third of round one signs him to a deal containing a poison pill of the very kind that the Vikings concocted four years ago.

It wouldn't be the end of the world if Edwards signed with the Eagles. We'd get pick #25 out of it which could get us closer to someone we could really desire: Thomas, Iupati, or Williams. I'm sure that we could find a capable run stopper in the 2nd or 3rd round to rotate with Robison, who i really like as a pass rusher.
                  Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
                  Thanks jerks, I have an exam tomorrow and reading this lowered my IQ by 14 points. Dicks.

Comment

• I'd like to see Edwards stay, but I think getting a pick in the late-1st for him would be excellent value.

Comment

• A first and a third for Ray Edwards? Count me in. He was great in the playoffs, but he hasn't really shown that he's worth THAT much.
                      "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

Comment

• Also, as far as LT goes, he's blatantly trying to drive his price up. I hope we don't get into a bidding war. There's other options available that are probably just as good.
                        "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

Comment

• I would love to see Edwards stay, but if someone wants to give up a first for him, I'd take it, he is not worth a first, and this draft is quite deep at DE, so we could grab a good one in the 2nd/3rd/4th to play LE with Robison. Also, like The Dude said, it'd help us move up a little, if the Eagles offer him a contract, and hopefully allow us to get one of Williams, Spoon, Thomas, or Iupati.

Oh, and if the Eagles would rather trade one of the QBs other than Vick in the deal for Edwards I'd look into that, if it sounds like Favre is going to retire.
                          Last edited by marshallb; 03-12-2010, 11:59 AM.

sig by BK and avy by me
                          Originally posted by A Perfect Score
                          If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.

Comment

• Originally posted by djp View Post
                            A first and a third for Ray Edwards? Count me in. He was great in the playoffs, but he hasn't really shown that he's worth THAT much.
                            It's only a first, but that's still good value in this deep of a draft. I also think LT is trying to drive up his price, but I don't see us or any team for that matter over paying too much with Westbrook as well as Fargas and Larry Johnson still out there. None of those guys are going to get a starting job, especially not on a SB contending team, like they'd like.

sig by BK and avy by me
                            If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.

Comment

• I would love to keep Ray. He is pretty damn good, but he is definitely worth giving up for a first and a third. We could grab Williams, Weatherspoon, Iupati, Thomas, or someone else who is falling.

Bonekrusher.

Originally posted by JordanTaber
                              Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.

Comment

• Originally posted by prock View Post
                                I would love to keep Ray. He is pretty damn good, but he is definitely worth giving up for a first and a third. We could grab Williams, Weatherspoon, Iupati, Thomas, or someone else who is falling.
                                Again, it's only a first that we'd be getting, not a first and third.

sig by BK and avy by me

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information