Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Agreed. It worked out last year with us drafting Harvin. I think that we will be looking to grab a back-up/change of pace rb within the first 3 rounds of the draft this year.

...stupid LT...
    Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
    Thanks jerks, I have an exam tomorrow and reading this lowered my IQ by 14 points. Dicks.

Comment

• The LT thing doesn't bother me nearly as much as the fact that Favre won't make a decision to come back or not until September.

sig by fenikz
      Originally posted by ImBrotherCain
      You are just a terrible person.
      Originally posted by bigbluedefense
      I have an iPhone.

Comment

• A running back is probably a lock now in the 1st three rounds. It'll sure be interesting to see what happens if Best is available. I know what everyone is thinking, he can't block. But the sex appeal of Peterson and Best is just what the doctor ordered to put even more butts in the seats.

Personally, I like Montario Hardesty in the 3rd....

Comment

• Originally posted by BlueBandit24 View Post
          Sometimes not signing a guy can be a huge move. Not nabbing Housh last year was huge; it paved the way for Sidney's breakout season -- no way our offense is as potent if we have Housh as opposed to Rice. I doubt the LT situation garners the same results, but just trying to put a positive spin on it for anyone bummed about his choice of New York.
          Not to mention we probably pass on Harvin if we sign Housh...

Comment

• Originally posted by hagy34 View Post
            I'd LOVE Hardesty in the 3rd. A complete back who never fumbled in college...an ideal back-up who I think could step in and carry the load if Peterson ever went down for an extended period of time. I actually prefer him to Best straight up, so getting him later would be fantastic. I think we'd have to use our 2nd to nab him at this point, and he might even be gone before that.

Comment

• I wouldn't mind having Hardesty either, but I would also love to see Dexter McCluster in a Vikings uniform as well.

Percy is a much better player (same type) than McCluster, but I just love him as a player and I think he could put a lot on the table as a receiver out of the backfield.

I'm also high on Ben Tate, although his hands are a bit raw in terms of receiving.

BoneKruser with the DOPE sig

Comment

• I still like Albert Young.

sig by fenikz
                Originally posted by ImBrotherCain
                You are just a terrible person.
                Originally posted by bigbluedefense
                I have an iPhone.

Comment

• I still like Ian Johnson :)

Bonekrusher.

Originally posted by JordanTaber
                  Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.

Comment

• Originally posted by prock View Post
                    I still like Ian Johnson :)
                    I still like Michael Bennett..

Comment

• Originally posted by hagy34 View Post
                      A running back is probably a lock now in the 1st three rounds. It'll sure be interesting to see what happens if Best is available. I know what everyone is thinking, he can't block. But the sex appeal of Peterson and Best is just what the doctor ordered to put even more butts in the seats.

I wouldn't hate the pick of a 1st RD RB, but I really don't think it would be a good choice for the Vikes. The Vikes are not a 2 back team(aside from 2007) Adrian has been the workhorse and thats the way it is going to be. Chester Taylor was a phenomenal 3rd down back and a very good #2 option yet he struggled to even get 10 touches a game. On top of that Percy Harvin's role out of the back field will more than likely be expanded a bit. So now we are talking about using a 1st rounder on a guy who will touch the ball about 5 times a game, maybe 10 if he is lucky.

IMO they need to get some good young talent to add to the Defense in the first 2 rounds. I think 3rd is the earlierst they should look at drafting another RB.

Comment

• Originally posted by Crazy_Chris View Post
                        I wouldn't hate the pick of a 1st RD RB, but I really don't think it would be a good choice for the Vikes. The Vikes are not a 2 back team(aside from 2007) Adrian has been the workhorse and thats the way it is going to be. Chester Taylor was a phenomenal 3rd down back and a very good #2 option yet he struggled to even get 10 touches a game. On top of that Percy Harvin's role out of the back field will more than likely be expanded a bit. So now we are talking about using a 1st rounder on a guy who will touch the ball about 5 times a game, maybe 10 if he is lucky.

IMO they need to get some good young talent to add to the Defense in the first 2 rounds. I think 3rd is the earlierst they should look at drafting another RB.
                        I was thinking exactly this. I would like to see the Vikes go defense with their first two picks unless they see a lot of value in an interior lineman. There will still be a lot of great backs in round 3 so I would hope Childress and co. wait until the.

Comment

• I agree big time with the last two posts. If we can get some defensive talent in the 1st 2 rounds, that'd be ideal, but we still have to look at RG if there is great value early. Right now my dream draft is probably Dan Williams, Nate Allen, Montario Hardesty, and then best available OG/CB/OLB, unless a QB falls hard.

sig by BK and avy by me
                          Originally posted by A Perfect Score
                          If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.

Comment

• Those are excellent points by Crazy Chris. I definitely don't think using a 1st round pick on a runner who's only going to touch the ball a handful of times per game is worth it. Defense in the 1st makes a lot of sense unless a talented offensive lineman falls. I'd like to see us draft an LT fairly early...somebody who can push McKinnie and eventually take over (hopefully sooner rather than later).

Comment

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5aNqXCWTIsM

Note not a plug, I did not make this, but it is pretty funny, stupid but funny.

Comment

• I thought 2 things when I heard the news about LT...

1- Screw him.

2- Well, at least this might give us one more compensatory pick next year!

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information