Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Minnesota Vikings Discussion

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Apparently the Vikings are impressed with Webb's throwing abilitly, and have switched him back to QB.

    “In rookie camp they wanted to see me throw some,” Webb said. “I threw a couple balls for them and they liked the way I threw. Over the break they told me they wanted me to play quarterback when I come back for the OTAs.”

    That’s what he’s been doing in the first two OTA practices this week and it sounds like that’s the plan for the foreseeable future.
    http://min.scout.com/2/971149.html

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Crazy_Chris View Post
      Apparently the Vikings are impressed with Webb's throwing abilitly, and have switched him back to QB.



      http://min.scout.com/2/971149.html
      Just more of that versatility Chilly loves.

      sig by BK and avy by me
      Originally posted by A Perfect Score
      If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.

      Comment


      • HATTIESBURG, Miss. -- Brett Favre says he still isn't sure what he's doing next season, but he may have given some indication after visiting with the Southern Miss baseball team.

        The Minnesota Vikings quarterback told the Golden Eagles on Thursday morning that if they can make it back to the College World Series for the second straight year, he will return for one more season in the NFL.

        Favre has left fans hanging since the Vikings lost to New Orleans in the NFC Championship game. He signed a two-year contract with the Vikings before last season. Coach Brad Childress hasn't talked with Favre recently except by text message.

        Southern Miss players have a lot of work to do if they want to force Favre into action. They are 30-20 and need wins to earn a postseason invitation.
        I think he'll be back after reading that.
        "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

        Comment


        • Originally posted by djp View Post
          I think he'll be back after reading that.
          I always figured he would be back this year but he would come back in similar timing as last year. With the latest news of his surgery on the ankle it seems all the more likely this is the case.

          Big news today aswell on Pat & Kevin, as we know they lost their case in court. But they have appealed the decision and just today were granted another injunction blocking the NFL from suspending them during the appeal.

          The judge had some interesting things to say about the case.

          Although Larson ruled against the Williamses in his decision, claiming that the NFL didn’t harm the Williamses through their drug testing policy and procedures that contradicted Minnesota law, in his ruling Friday, he gave the distinct impression that his ruling may well be overturned on appeal, saying the league shouldn’t benefit from “it’s own misconduct.”

          “(The NFL) knew StarCaps contained Bumetanide, that players were ingesting Bumetanide, that Bumetanide was dangerous and withheld information about StarCaps, knowing that players would suffer as a result. (The NFL) created a trap that it knew would result in violations of the program.”
          “(The NFL) could have easily avoided this very situation by informing players or teams what it already knew – that StarCaps contained a hidden, dangerous substance. (The NFL) knew that many players were already inadvertently ingesting Bumetanide and continued to the place the health, safety and welfare of its players in jeopardy, so that (NFL General Counsel) Adolpho Birch could play a game of ‘gotcha.’ The league clearly allowed a half dozen other players to use Bumetanide without punishment"
          http://min.scout.com/2/971637.html
          Last edited by Crazy_Chris; 05-21-2010, 09:47 PM.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Crazy_Chris View Post
            I always figured he would be back this year but he would come back in similar timing as last year. With the latest news of his surgery on the ankle it seems all the more likely this is the case.

            Big news today aswell on Pat & Kevin, as we know they lost their case in court. But they have appealed the decision and just today were granted another injunction blocking the NFL from suspending them during the appeal.

            The judge had some interesting things to say about the case.





            http://min.scout.com/2/971637.html
            You can definitely count me in the camp that says Favre will be back. After what he said to the Southern Miss baseball team and now for sure after he had the surgery there is almost no doubt in my mind.

            Those quotes from the judge makes me wonder why he even ruled against the Williamses in the first place...The injuction is nice as it basically blocks the suspension until the trial has no more appeals, either until it reaches the Supreme Court or one side gives up and stops appealing.

            sig by BK and avy by me
            Originally posted by A Perfect Score
            If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.

            Comment


            • Didn't the NFL offer to drop to suspensions but dock them 4 game checks? They should of just done that and avoided this legal mess. Pat Williams is probably going to retire after this year and avoided any discipline at all.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by FuzzyGopher View Post
                Didn't the NFL offer to drop to suspensions but dock them 4 game checks? They should of just done that and avoided this legal mess. Pat Williams is probably going to retire after this year and avoided any discipline at all.
                I don't remember hearing anything about that, and I'd be hard pressed to believe that they wouldn't have taken that. I still don't know why the two sides don't settle on it, the NFL gets to save face a bit and the Williamses don't have to sit out as many games if any.

                sig by BK and avy by me
                Originally posted by A Perfect Score
                If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by marshallb
                  Those quotes from the judge makes me wonder why he even ruled against the Williamses in the first place...The injuction is nice as it basically blocks the suspension until the trial has no more appeals, either until it reaches the Supreme Court or one side gives up and stops appealing.
                  Well the NFL hasn't tryed to dispute that they broke Minnesota state law. Their whole case is based on that the CBA should superseed it in this case since Viking ownership and all the NFL players(NFLPA) both agreed to abide by it. Basically the NFLs stance is you are responsible for what in your body no matter what, the circumstances surronding it don't really matter. Aswell they are argueing if the suspension is overturned based upon the state law would be very bad for their drug policy. As it will have a negative affect on their ability to have a uniform and fair policy for all players no matter which state they play in(which IMO is a good point).

                  Both sides have fair points and I wouldn't want to be the judge on this case. It seems it was a tough decision and he didn't really like it considering they did break the state law, but he agreed with the NFLs arguement.

                  Originally posted by FuzzyGopher
                  Didn't the NFL offer to drop to suspensions but dock them 4 game checks? They should of just done that and avoided this legal mess. Pat Williams is probably going to retire after this year and avoided any discipline at all.
                  There were rumors of a deal the NFL had offered much earlier in this process. I can't specifially remember the exact details but it was along those lines.
                  Last edited by Crazy_Chris; 05-23-2010, 11:11 PM.

                  Comment


                  • http://blog.vikings.com/2010/05/25/j...et-is-no-more/

                    Its a sad day... Jared Allen cut the mullet off.



                    Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure

                    Comment


                    • It is sad for me to say that i totally understand....
                      Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
                      Thanks jerks, I have an exam tomorrow and reading this lowered my IQ by 14 points. Dicks.

                      Comment


                      • Fellas, this might be old news for some of you, but it might be fresh for others, and John Randle was too great, and too hilarious, for this to go unseen by any Viking fan.

                        Enjoy, Cheers: http://www.hulu.com/collections/434/137375

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by The Dynasty View Post
                          http://blog.vikings.com/2010/05/25/j...et-is-no-more/

                          Its a sad day... Jared Allen cut the mullet off.
                          As if my day couldn't have gotten any worse :(

                          sig by fenikz
                          Originally posted by ImBrotherCain
                          You are just a terrible person.
                          Originally posted by bigbluedefense
                          I have an iPhone.

                          Comment


                          • just got around to reading that Gerhart article from the strib on Sunday. If he has any success at all, he's going to be one of the most if not the most popular Viking in less than a year.
                            "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

                            Comment


                            • Judd Zulgad of the Minneapolis Star Tribune reports quarterback Brett Favre sent pairs of Wrangler jeans to his teammates -- "I need to break them in a little bit, they are kind of stiff," punter Chris Kluwe joked -- but what Favre hasn't sent is word of whether he plans to play in 2010.

                              Sig by Bone Krusher

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by frubulubu View Post
                                Judd Zulgad of the Minneapolis Star Tribune reports quarterback Brett Favre sent pairs of Wrangler jeans to his teammates -- "I need to break them in a little bit, they are kind of stiff," punter Chris Kluwe joked -- but what Favre hasn't sent is word of whether he plans to play in 2010.
                                Sorry, but that's ummmm...not exactly new information, that was reported in the middle of April.

                                sig by BK and avy by me
                                Originally posted by A Perfect Score
                                If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information