Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I love how little people are talking about Adrian Peterson. I think the Gerhart pick is going to revitalize this man into being the best in the league yet again. Gerhart can come in and get those tough 1 and 2 yard gains that we'll need in short yardage, and AP can focus more on hitting homeruns like he did his rookie year. Of course, that's assuming that he's working hard on securing the football, because all of that talent goes to waste if he keeps fumbling at the rate that he's been going at.

Even if Favre comes back (which we all think he will), I think that Peterson is going to be the focal point of the offense again and gravitate closer to what we had come to expect from a Childress offense. I love Favre slinging the rock as much as the next guy, but it's a dangerous way to play the game and a lot of the road woes last season were because we just weren't running the ball enough to get a consistent push going. I really think that he will recapture the rushing title this year.

"Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

Comment

• Report:

According to Adam Schefter on Twitter, with safety Oshiomogho Atogwe set to become a free agent at midnight tonight, some potential suitors are beginning to pop up.

Our View: The Rams would still like to retain the services of Atogwe, but it appears they're going to let him hit the open market first. Not the smartest idea. The talented safety is now drawing interest from the Vikings, Cowboys and Dolphins and is quickly becoming a hot commodity. Things should get considerably more interesting at 12:01 Wednesday.

While I dont want us to break the bank on him, I would be extremely happy if we signed him.

Comment

• Just saw this on twitter.. Visanthe Shiancoe is not being quiet about that one Darren Sharper comment. This is visanthe admiring his shooting skills today:

As for OJ.. I would love to see us get him. I have been hoping since i heard he could be come a FA that the vikings would go after him. Our safety play was pretty bad to watch last year and bringing in OJ would be a huge step up.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure

Comment

• Doesn't look like we'll be getting Atogwe

Which I don't really like, but who knows, maybe he's just asking for too much, and we passed, at least for the time being. Maybe with all the other teams bowing out he'll come down on his asking price and we'll jump back in. That's what I'm hoping for anyways.
          Last edited by marshallb; 06-02-2010, 08:38 PM.

sig by BK and avy by me
          Originally posted by A Perfect Score
          If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.

Comment

• Childress is unhappy that Peterson skipped OTA's to be at Adrian Peterson Day in his hometown.

"I just know that there's a bunch of guys here," Childress said. "This has the term mandatory for a reason. The work's here."

The fourth annual Adrian Peterson Day is scheduled for Saturday in Palestine, Texas, where the All-Pro running back was raised. There will be a parade and a meet-and-greet session for the locals with Peterson, who has been mostly working out on his own in Houston this offseason.

Asked whether he's worried that Favre's refusal to commit can give other players an excuse to skip town until training camp, Childress called the 40-year-old quarterback's situation a "special circumstance."

"I don't think Adrian's batting around retirement in his mind, I don't believe," Childress said, adding: "Is everything equal? Obviously it's not. That's just the way it is. That's matter of fact. I think everybody understands that part of the equation."

Favre and defensive end Ray Edwards were missing too, but Childress didn't express concern about Edwards, who has yet to sign his contract tender and is expected to do so by Tuesday's deadline.

"I think he'd probably want to do that, wouldn't you?" Childress said.

Edwards was upset that because of the upcoming expiration of the collective bargaining agreement he was ineligible for unrestricted free agency. He had restricted status and signed a one-year tender.

"I know he understands that this is business," Childress said. "We've communicated back and forth, because nobody likes to practice more and play more than Ray Edwards."

The Vikings have been working on Peterson's fumbling problem, and on the field earlier this week Peterson and the other running backs carried a 14-pound, sand-filled ball that is supposed to help players develop a stronger feel for the pigskin.

"It's akin to putting a weight on a bat and swinging it before you go to the plate," Childress said.

Asked whether the Vikings want to change the way Peterson carries the ball, the coach said: "When he's here."

For this weekend at least, this model of stability was missing a few important pieces -- though these are non-contact workouts for a team that has had the same offensive and defensive systems in place for four years.
            IMO this is a case of Childress being a douchebag. Like the last sentence that I put in of that ESPN article says, it's non-contact and the systems have been the same for the past four years. It's not like there's anything new being learned. Yea, it'd be nice to have him work on his fumbling problems, but, really, it's June and he's missing 2 days. Chilly isn't upset that Edwards isn't there though, saying that it's part of the business, but he's pissed that Adrian isn't there, and he has a legitimate excuse, where as Edwards isn't there b/c of his contract and that he got "screwed" by the CBA.

sig by BK and avy by me
            If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.

Comment

• I don't get how he can be mad at Peterson while at the same time he's letting Favre do whatever the hell he wants.

Comment

• Originally posted by GB12 View Post
                I don't get how he can be mad at Peterson while at the same time he's letting Favre do whatever the hell he wants.
                It's not like Brett could do anything at the OTAs anyways...his healing and rehab is more important and Peterson going to a day dedicated to him is far less important than participating in the OTAs

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

• Originally posted by princefielder28 View Post
                  It's not like Brett could do anything at the OTAs anyways
                  You really think he'd be there if he were healthy?

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
                  they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
                  Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

• Honestly...I think it is a big deal. Adrian Peterson had more fumbles in one year than Tomlinson had in his whole career. Sure...it's one day that he's missing, but he'll probably miss more. AD needs to work on his fumbling problems...and missing OTA's obviously isn't helping the cause.

sig by fenikz
                    Originally posted by ImBrotherCain
                    You are just a terrible person.
                    Originally posted by bigbluedefense
                    I have an iPhone.

Comment

• Originally posted by TitleTown088 View Post
                      You really think he'd be there if he were healthy?
                      No but Brett's not the player of concern to begin with...Peterson has alot to prove this year and he needs to be working towards that instead of soaking up the attention of "Adrian Peterson Day"

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

• It's a big deal. Peterson's inability to hold onto the ball cost us a Super Bowl birth. End of story.

Comment

• Wow, I'm quite surprised that everyone thinks it's a big deal that he's not there for a day or two of OTAs. If he were missing training camp or some contact drills it would be a big deal, but it's non contact, and really, a couple days is really gonna be a big factor in him fumbling the ball? I think he's more of a hypocrite for thinking that it's just business that Edwards isn't there than that Favre isn't there.

sig by BK and avy by me

Comment

• It's more of a disrespect thing then anything else. Obviously they guy doesn't need to learn the play book, but showing up shows that he's a leader and he is committed to the team. Blowing it off for some stupid "Adrian Peterson Day" is a slap in the face imo.

Comment

• Im going to give him a pass for this(not for the fumbles). Nobody has ever questioned his work ethic. He has never been a locker room distraction that we know of. Its just a couple of days.

Comment

• Originally posted by General Zod View Post
                                Im going to give him a pass for this(not for the fumbles). Nobody has ever questioned his work ethic. He has never been a locker room distraction that we know of. Its just a couple of days.
                                Exactly, from all accounts, he's one of the hardest working guys and a great teammate and guy in the locker room. I think we have to imagine that AD has been working hard all offseason(particularly on his fumbling), and missing two days will absolutely not kill him. Part of the article that I didn't quote included some comments from Jared Allen and Antoine Winfield, and they just blew it off:
                                "I cry myself to sleep every night," defensive end Jared Allen said, with heavy sarcasm. He added: "Those guys are their own people. They're going to do what they do."

Allen was then asked what he would do if there were a Jared Allen Day planned in his hometown.

"I'd be doing jumping jacks ... right now. I wouldn't even be here," he said.

Winfield gave Peterson a pass, too.

"We know what he brings to the table. We know he's a hard worker. We're not worried about that," Winfield said.

sig by BK and avy by me

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information