Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fellas, I have been wondering this myself. I thought Sage was a nice addition for you guys prior to the BF era starting there. I clearly remember him playing very well against you guys, in Minny, the year before. He's 3> the QB that Jackson is IMO.

This from our friend Mark Craig at the Strib, could have been written from my thoughts. What is your take? Is it as obvious as he and I think, or am I missing something here about Sage and Jackson? Maybe they know the OL sucks and you need the faster runner to get the hell out of the pocket and run for his life?

I give the Vikings credit for making all of us (or most of us) just accept Tarvaris Jackson as the No. 2 quarterback. But I think it's reached the point where someone should raise his or her hand and ask, "Um, can you tell us again why the third-best quarterback the No. 2 quarterback?"

Right now, it seems the only questions being mentioned are whether the Vikings should: 1, Keep Sage and risk losing Joe Webb; 2, Get rid of Sage and keep Joe Webb; or 3, Trade Sage for a bag of balls so that the Vikings don't have to pay him $2.6 million.

How bout this question: "Who plays quarterback if Brett Favre's streak of 309 consecutive starts doesn't last another 16-19 games?" Based on how the pass protection looks, that's a distinct possibility.

Call me crazy, but after three preseason games, Rosenfels looks more comfortable, more accurate, more poised and, well, better than Jackson. If something happens to Favre, the Vikings would look pretty foolish having given him up to 20 million bucks while saving 2.6 million on Sage.

Comment

• I completely agree, but Chilly has had his mouth firmly wrapped around T-Jacks **** since the day we drafted him. Nothing will change.

Comment

• Sad but true...

Bonekrusher.

Originally posted by JordanTaber
        Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.

Comment

• Childress hates Sage. Hopefully we can trade him to the Giants who need a veteran after Sorgi was placed on IR today.

Comment

• Judd is reporting Chris Cook will be out at least 2 weeks, putting him out for the season opening. Man wtf, it would be nice to catch a damn break with these injuries. Plus I think 2 weeks for Cook might be optimistic, Im guessing he is out till the bye week. Maybe we can trade Sage to Miami and get Benny Sapp back?

Brees is gonna put up 500+ yards on us in the opener. :-(

Comment

• Originally posted by General Zod View Post
              Judd is reporting Chris Cook will be out at least 2 weeks, putting him out for the season opening. Man wtf, it would be nice to catch a damn break with these injuries. Plus I think 2 weeks for Cook might be optimistic, Im guessing he is out till the bye week. Maybe we can trade Sage to Miami and get Benny Sapp back?

Brees is gonna put up 500+ yards on us in the opener. :-(
              We were remarkably healthy last year, we are probably due for some injury trouble this year.
              "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

Comment

• That Cook thing really sucks. I have a feeling it is going to be a long year.

http://minnesotasportstwentyfourseven.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Cook supposedly has a torn meniscus and has already had surgery. I saw that he was getting the knee checked out and had ice on it, but It didn't seem serius, he was laughing and joking. It doesn't sound like the surgery will limit him too long, and hopefully he doesn't miss too much time. I'd rather get these injuries out of the way now than have them come up down the stretch.

sig by BK and avy by me
                  Originally posted by A Perfect Score
                  If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.

Comment

• I'm a little late, but it's official: Rice put on PUP, out for first 6 weeks.

Also in that link:
                    Tuesday's move was important because it means Rice no longer counts against the active roster, which had to be cut to 75 players by 3 p.m.

To get to the limit, the Vikings waived offensive tackle Bill Noethlich (Southwest Minnesota State) and wide receiver Marko Mitchell (Nevada), who bounced from Washington to Detroit to the Vikings during the offseason. Linebacker J Leman was waived/injured by the Vikings on Monday and was not claimed. He is currently on the injured reserve list and can either be kept there or the Vikings can reach an injury settlement with him.

Leman missed the majority of training camp because of turf toe.

The next round of cuts will come Saturday -- and be way more difficult -- as the Vikings will have to get to the regular-season roster limit of 53 players by 5 p.m.

sig by BK and avy by me
                    Originally posted by A Perfect Score
                    If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.

Comment

• Watching this pre-season, one thing I am happy with is our depth at D-line. Our 2nd team D-line is getting great pressure and stops one 1st team offenses. Evens, Mitchell, Robinson, Brinkly even letroy guion.

Comment

• Hard to believe that some of those guys won't be making the team.

sig by fenikz
                        Originally posted by ImBrotherCain
                        You are just a terrible person.
                        Originally posted by bigbluedefense
                        I have an iPhone.

Comment

• It's official Rosenfels traded to the Giants for a future conditional Draft pick...

I don't know what kind of conditions they would have for a backup QB :|

Comment

• Well, Sage got traded to the NY Giants. And in return we get a late draft pick.

So that leaves us Favre, Jackson and probably Joe Webb as our QBs. I just prey to the football gods that Favre holds up this season. Otherwise, we are ******.

Comment

• Originally posted by Crazy_Chris View Post
                              It's official Rosenfels traded to the Giants for a future conditional Draft pick...

I don't know what kind of conditions they would have for a backup QB :|
                              damn you just beat me lol

Comment

• Originally posted by General Zod View Post
                                damn you just beat me lol
                                Wohooooooo Wtg me!

Anyways I just noticed that Daryius Reynaud was included in that trade to the Giants. I am not too happy about this development, I was hoping they would take Percy off KR and let reynaud handle it.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information