Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I could see the Vikings signing Jackson to a long term deal. And then giving Rice the Franchise tag next off-season and trading him. And I'd like to keep Rice, but we could get a 1st or 2nd from him easily. Vincent Jackson isn't injury prone, he's just got problems with drinking (which isn't a huge deal since Childress brought Jared Allen in and Allen stopped right away).

If we get Jackson, I really don't see the Vikings keeping Rice.

But I agree, there are too many other positions to address to go and get Jackson for a 2nd round pick.

Ultimately, I see the Vikings going into rebuild mode if they make the trade for Jackson.

sig by fenikz
    Originally posted by ImBrotherCain
    You are just a terrible person.
    Originally posted by bigbluedefense
    I have an iPhone.

Comment

• Sounds like we're looking at VJax, Reggie Brown, Javan Walker, and someone else.

sig by fenikz
      I have an iPhone.

Comment

• Originally posted by vikes_28 View Post
        Sounds like we're looking at VJax, Reggie Brown, Javan Walker, and someone else.
        Reggie Brown wouldnt surprise me because of his Philly ties with Childress.

btw, I watched a lot of the Miami/Buf game today. Gotta say that the way Miami played today, we should be able to handle them next week.

Comment

• I hope we give up a second for Vincent Jackson. We're all in this year with Favre and draft picks are so overrated. Especially on this board.

Comment

• Originally posted by yo123 View Post
            I hope we give up a second for Vincent Jackson. We're all in this year with Favre and draft picks are so overrated. Especially on this board.
            It depends how many games of Vincent Jackson we'd get imo. If the league rules that he has to miss the additional 3 games even if he's traded then no, I don't wanna give up a 2nd round pick for 10 games of 1 guy, especially when he's a very similar player to Sidney Rice who will be back shortly after that. If he only has to miss the 3 games of his suspension and can play immediately after being traded then yea, I suppose I'd be ok with giving up a 2nd, not thrilled though, especially if it's as a rental player.

We've got planty of holes to fill in the next couple years and are gonna need as many picks as possible.

sig by BK and avy by me
            Originally posted by A Perfect Score
            If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.

Comment

• I really want Vjax. A second rounder would be awesome for him. Even if he is a similar player to Sidney, he is still awesome. Just because you have a huge receiver doesn't mean you can't have another. Two huge receivers is better than one.

Bonekrusher.

Originally posted by JordanTaber
              Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.

Comment

• I doubt we'd have enough money to sign Jackson to a long term deal. Greenway is going to be a free agent next year, and I'd much rather focus on him.

http://minnesotasportstwentyfourseven.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by marshallb View Post
                  It depends how many games of Vincent Jackson we'd get imo. If the league rules that he has to miss the additional 3 games even if he's traded then no, I don't wanna give up a 2nd round pick for 10 games of 1 guy, especially when he's a very similar player to Sidney Rice who will be back shortly after that. If he only has to miss the 3 games of his suspension and can play immediately after being traded then yea, I suppose I'd be ok with giving up a 2nd, not thrilled though, especially if it's as a rental player.

We've got planty of holes to fill in the next couple years and are gonna need as many picks as possible.

He'll be back week 5 if we trade for him before tomorrow at 4.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5579273

Comment

• Originally posted by yo123 View Post
                    He'll be back week 5 if we trade for him before tomorrow at 4.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5579273
                    You misread that, the deadline starts at 4pm Friday and ends on Wednesday the 22nd. A question I have is we have a bye on week 4, so does that mean he wouldn't be able to come back until after the Jets game on week 5? Is it a 4 game suspension or a 4 week suspension?

Comment

• According to this guy if he was traded here he would be eligible to play against the Cowboys week 6. Suspension go by games not weeks so the bye week doesn't count.

http://twitter.com/tompelissero

Comment

• Yeah I just skimmed it. I still feel the same way.

Comment

• I don't see us keeping Rice if we trade for Jackson.

sig by fenikz
                          I have an iPhone.

Comment

• We could probably keep them both if we really wanted to. First it depends on how much they plan on giving VJax, hopefully not the 30 mil garunteed he reportedly wants.

Than we would have to trade/cut Berrian this offseason which with would free up 18.9 Mil over the next 3 years. That right there alone is a good chunk of money they could give to Rice.

But probably biggest factor is wether or not Rice thinks he should get a huge deal with a lot of garunteed money. IMO he doesn't have the leverage to get a huge contract due to his constant injuries. But he could still get a decent contract with a lot of playing time based incentives.

Also Rob Brzezinski he is very good at what he does, I have faith in him. it will probably be tough, but If they really wanted to keep both they can get it done.

Comment

• Im hoping we dont give up much more then a 2nd rounder for V-Jax. Thinking about eventually having Jackson, Rice, Harvin, Camarillo. sounds pretty damn good to me. How many years does Berrian have left on his contract?
                              Last edited by General Zod; 09-16-2010, 04:34 PM.

Comment

• God damn we need VJax. Jackson and Rice on the outside will not only dominate for us this year, but it would severely help any young quarterback who we bring in.

Bonekrusher.

Originally posted by JordanTaber
                                Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information