Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No, because they reason a lot of them probably passed on him was because he pissed off enough people in a 4 week span to be kicked off 2 teams. If the Patriots had outright cut him and he hadn't been traded here there might have been a lot more interest in him.

Comment

• Its hard for me to judge how good or bad Toby Gerhart is. Our offensive line is so bad. Peterson basically gets every yard he gets, on his own. And if you put an average RB to run behind that line, they have no chance. And I hear "He's got to hit the hole faster". Um, what hole would that be? Thats no hole, you try running the ball behind Phil Loadholt back peddling on to you.

Now Im not totally sticking up for him either. I know even for a rookie there are things he could improve on. Im just gonna give him some time before I totally pass judgment.

We just miss Chester Taylor so bad since we suck so much on 3rd down. And Peterson cannot pass block.

Comment

• Hole or not, you can just tell he has absolutely no burst. There has been a few times I've seen him have a hole and he hits it at the speed I would imagine Pat Williams would hit it at.

Comment

• Originally posted by yo123 View Post
          Hole or not, you can just tell he has absolutely no burst. There has been a few times I've seen him have a hole and he hits it at the speed I would imagine Pat Williams would hit it at.
          I would agree with this. I have not been impressed by Toby one bit, but I will also wait and give him more of a chance. I've just been getting really pissed at how many snaps he's been given recently.

sig by BK and avy by me
          Originally posted by A Perfect Score
          If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.

Comment

• was watching the replay on NFL network today. Harvin is sex. Berrian and the defensive line finally woke up.

sig by fenikz
            Originally posted by ImBrotherCain
            You are just a terrible person.
            Originally posted by bigbluedefense
            I have an iPhone.

Comment

• Like I said in the NFL forum thread, you guys are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too down on Gerhart right now. First off, he's a rookie in the NFL playing behind a mediocre offensive line. If he is utilized correctly, he should be able to give the team 10 carries for 40-50 yards a game while being an excellent pass blocker. I realize he's not there yet, but he doesn't have the raw physical ability to wow you. He needs to be patient, get stronger and faster, and it will come. One thing that Childress has done in his time here is develop rookies. Gerhart is a great fit for our system, give the guy a break for now.
              "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

Comment

• Meh, he's a RB so I'm not too worried about judging him early. RB is the easiest position to make the transition to the NFL by far. I think we could have picked someone up in the later rounds that could give us exactly what you just described.

Comment

• also, was bevell calling the plays on sunday?

sig by fenikz
                  Originally posted by ImBrotherCain
                  You are just a terrible person.
                  Originally posted by bigbluedefense
                  I have an iPhone.

Comment

• Originally posted by yo123 View Post
                    Meh, he's a RB so I'm not too worried about judging him early. RB is the easiest position to make the transition to the NFL by far. I think we could have picked someone up in the later rounds that could give us exactly what you just described.
                    I didn't see the need to trade up either, but we have him now. Take a look at the guys drafted after Gerhart. The only 2 similarly graded backs were Ben Tate and Monterrio Hardesty, and they didn't last long after Gerhart. Then, there was a huge drop off in RB's (depending on how you graded them, of course). Ben Tate would have been a good fit, but there were durability and pass blocking concerns. Was never a Hardesty fan. I think the Vikings basically chose between Tate, Hardesty, and Gerhart. Gerhart was the most familiar with the system and arguably the safest bet to at least be a goal line back. He's also the most marketable because he's white.
                    "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

Comment

• Heard about this earlier on ESPN Radio this evening, and saw the article on ESPN.com now:
                      Report: Vikings coach Brad Childress not player favorite

Some quotes from annonymous players and team sources:
                      "We know that [Brad] Childress doesn't have our backs, so why should we have his?" one player told the newspaper. "We're playing for us, and we're winning despite him."

"He has absolutely no people skills," one team source said.

Six Vikings players told the Sun-Times they would like Childress to be fired but they won't give up on their teammates.

"We got too many good football players, and we won't lay down like Dallas," one player told the newspaper.

"As much as I hate Childress," another player told the Sun-Times, "I will keep playing."

sig by BK and avy by me
                      Originally posted by A Perfect Score
                      If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.

Comment

• I think it's safe to say he won't be back next year. Now it's really just a matter of when he gets fired, I think it will be closer to end the of the season. But you never know, some even crazier stuff could happen and he could get canned next week.

Comment

• I chuckled at the Dallas jab.
                          Originally posted by Scott Wright
                          I could also go on a rant about how Uncle Joe from Willky Wonka is a major dick.

Comment

• Haha, someone at Direct TV screwed up. If only it were true :(

Comment

• Pat Williams reminds me of a late 80s/early 90s Miami Hurricane.

It's safe to say after today's locker room access period that outspoken Vikings nose tackle Pat Williams isn't a big fan of unnamed sources.

Asked about the Chicago Sun-Times story in which reporter Sean Jensen, a former Vikings' beat writer, cited six unnamed Vikings as saying the players don't like coach Brad Childress and believe he should be fired, Williams went off, saying:

"I don't know. That's just all reports. Ain't no names. That's Sean Jensen. So that's what Sean Jensen do. He ain't going to give nobody no names. So I really don't pay no attention to that. That's all he-say, she-say stuff. He ain't going to put no names put out there, so I don't know if it' true or not. That's like somebody say I'm ***, but they don't have to tell me who said it. I don't know. But they're going to believe it. They going to believe it. If somebody starts that rumor, they're going to believe it. So that's how it is. That's all rumor. They not going to tell me who said it, so I don't know."

Williams also was asked about former Vikings running back Chester Taylor, who now plays for the Bears.

"I don't care about no Chester," he said. "He's not on our team, so I really don't care about him. if you aren't on the Vikings, I don't care about you. ... That's how I roll.

"Chester don't even start, so we don't worry about him right now. He ain't the starting running back. He's the backup, so we're going to try and put the other back out and put Chester in there. At the end of the day, we don't worry about Chester."

As for the Bears' struggling offensive line ...

"That's their problem. It' ain't our problem," Williams said. "So I'm glad we don't got their problems. We're just going to line up and keep making them have problems. That's our main goal."

As for whether he's talked to Taylor ...

"I don't talk to him. I don't call him to see how he's doing," Williams said. "He don't call me, so what would I call him for. He's gone. I ain't going to waste my breath calling him. That's a waste of time to call him. At the end of the day, I hope he's doing bad. He's probably thinking the same thing about me. If he ain't thinking that way, that's his bad. That's how I'm thinking on Sunday. That's how it is. I'm going to speak the truth. I ain't going to lie."

But there is one person Williams is OK with in Chicago: former Vikings coach Mike Tice, who is now the Bears' offensive line coach.

"I love Tice," Williams said. "I ain't got no problem with Tice. he was my head coach. There's no problem. Me and Tice are cool. ... I still love Tice. We're just trying to go in there and beat him, But he's a good offensive line coach."

Comment

• Pat is such a boss. Too bad he sucks this year.

http://minnesotasportstwentyfourseven.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information