This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by FuzzyGopher View Post
    Dungy already came out and said he wasn't interested so you can cross him off the list. Some radio host on Kfan said Zygi has already contacted Parcells but it's just a rumor at this point.
    What do you guys think of Chucky?
    I love the guy, but he's an asshole. But I like that in a coach.
    Until the players quit on them.

Could Zygi Wilf make up for his "clumsily" delivered announcement of Leslie Frazier with a bigger announcement down the road? That might be the only way that Wilf, who despite the dire economy will push again for a new stadium in the next state legislative session, can sell hope for this team to the public. ... The most likely guy, if Wilf goes that route, would seem to be Jon Gruden, as coach. If Wilf were able to entice Gruden, who coached Tampa Bay to a Super Bowl championship, Gruden certainly would require control over personnel decisions. That way, Wilf could leave his current front office, for the most part, intact. Gruden's price tag could be $30 million over five years.

Minneapolis Star Tribune
    Read more: http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_r...#ixzz16G19BZRT

Comment

• I think Gruden would be a good coach, but I don't want all the ****** QB's that he brings in. I want a QB who can be the face of the franchise for years to come.

sig by fenikz
      Originally posted by ImBrotherCain
      You are just a terrible person.
      Originally posted by bigbluedefense
      I have an iPhone.

Comment

• I would love to get Gruden, he seems like a great fit. He runs a WCO and ran cover 2 in Tampa so it's a lateral move in terms of systems, although I'm sure his offense is infinitely more complex than Childress'. We have 2 great receivers, a great running back and a good tight end. All he would need to do is shore up the offense line and hand pick his QB. It seems like a great situation to come into if you're a veteran head coach that doesn't want to have to do a complete rebuild of a team.
        Last edited by FuzzyGopher; 11-25-2010, 12:54 AM.

Comment

• I'm not so sure how i feel about Jake Locker anymore. I'm thinking trading up for Luck or taking the risk on Newton would be the best idea.

sig by fenikz
          I have an iPhone.

Comment

• Originally posted by vikes_28 View Post
            I'm not so sure how i feel about Jake Locker anymore. I'm thinking trading up for Luck or taking the risk on Newton would be the best idea.
            Assuming Andrew Luck actually declares for the draft which is far from certain. Trading up for Luck is going to be extremely difficult to do if a QB Needy team ends up with the first pick. Especially considering the Vikes will probably end 6-10 or 7-9 and very well could be outside of the top 10.

As for Cam Newton I really like what I see when I watch, but I just can't get completely behind him as our pick. He still has 1 or 2(Likely) games left to play, but I really just don't think the team should be banking it's future on a guy who attempted about 250 passes all from a non-pro style offense.

Comment

• just out of sheer curiosity...can the vikings forum not have so many stickied threads? it's disappointing when me or someone else makes a thread and no one sees it.

sig by fenikz
              I have an iPhone.

Comment

• Originally posted by vikes_28 View Post
                just out of sheer curiosity...can the vikings forum not have so many stickied threads? it's disappointing when me or someone else makes a thread and no one sees it.
                Yeah I was thinking the same thing.

Comment

• Done. Leaving the specific team discussions up so people don't create new threads.
                  "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

Comment

• Anybody else here think despite our 2 victories against pretty bad teams we are going to be hard pressed to finish 1-2 through our next 3 games? All those teams are playoff bound with tough defenses and we might be going into this stretch with T-Jack at the helm. I remember the last time Jackson face a Philly defense and the results were not pretty at all.

Comment

• I see us finishing out 1-3 with the one win against Detroit, and we could lose that game as well. The next 3 games are against legit playoff teams fighting for the lead in their respective divisions, we are going to get their A game.

Comment

• ^Agree. Although I could see a possibly victory vs. the either the Giants or Bears and a let-down loss to the Lions. For some reason we have played decent vs the giants the last few years and had some big wins. Plus it would be a home game.

Comment

• I think we'll beat Chicago and Detroit. Chicago = 2nd easiest schedule in the NFL with numerous lucky breaks along the way. Although that means nothing if we can't block Peppers or get Cutler to the ground.
                          "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

Comment

• Yeah, the Vikings have done a good job of making Cutler look like an all-pro QB.

Comment

• Right now I honestly don't know who we should go with at quarterback. T-Jack is erratic at times, but his mobility gives us so much more than Favre. I am almost leaning towards Jackson just because of how much damage Favre has taken this year, and it's pretty much guaranteed we won't make the playoffs.

http://minnesotasportstwentyfourseven.blogspot.com/

Comment

• I want Favre in. Tavaris is ******* terrible. Favre has been too, but at least he has potential to do something good once in awhile.

Bonekrusher.

Originally posted by JordanTaber
                                Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information