Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just incase you guys have twitter, @VikingsPromos is giving away some Vikings stuff every work day during this offseason.

Comment

• Originally posted by marshallb
      So, over in the fantasy section BeerBaron is running a forum offseason, and I'm running the Vikings. We just finished up the first round of FA, and here's what I've done so far. I cut Steve Hutchinson, Anthony Herrera, and Cedric Griffin which saved just under $14 mil in cap space. I didn't want to cut Hutch, but I wasn't about to pay him $7 mil when we need to rebuild, especially when I needed cap space for FA.

I've since signed the following guys in FA: Tracy Porter, OJ Atogwe, and re-signed the following: Erin Henderson, Husain Abdullah, Devin Aromashodu, and Letroy Guion. I also have enough cap room left to sign "a Mid or two plus some Lows" and you can sign an unlimited number of veteran minimums. Not sure what I plan on doing with that cap space, but if you want to throw out some suggestions feel free to do so.

I tried going after the top and even second level WR: VJax, Bowe, Colston, Meachem, Garcon, and Manningham, but they all signed elsewhere, despite me even overpaying for a couple of them. Oh well, I did get good secondary help which was a top priority and then re-signed our guys I wanted to bring back.
      good luck! whenever i did these on cds' draft site the vikes never got any love... the winners usually turned their entire team around for namesake players and top end rooks. woohoo! put in tons of hours rebuilding the team and all sorts of bias when voting... never again! ;)

Comment

• Originally posted by marshallb
        So, over in the fantasy section BeerBaron is running a forum offseason, and I'm running the Vikings. We just finished up the first round of FA, and here's what I've done so far. I cut Steve Hutchinson, Anthony Herrera, and Cedric Griffin which saved just under $14 mil in cap space. I didn't want to cut Hutch, but I wasn't about to pay him $7 mil when we need to rebuild, especially when I needed cap space for FA.

I've since signed the following guys in FA: Tracy Porter, OJ Atogwe, and re-signed the following: Erin Henderson, Husain Abdullah, Devin Aromashodu, and Letroy Guion. I also have enough cap room left to sign "a Mid or two plus some Lows" and you can sign an unlimited number of veteran minimums. Not sure what I plan on doing with that cap space, but if you want to throw out some suggestions feel free to do so.

I tried going after the top and even second level WR: VJax, Bowe, Colston, Meachem, Garcon, and Manningham, but they all signed elsewhere, despite me even overpaying for a couple of them. Oh well, I did get good secondary help which was a top priority and then re-signed our guys I wanted to bring back.

I like all those moves other than resigning Abullah. I ******* hate Abdullah.

Comment

• Originally posted by yo123 View Post
          I like all those moves other than resigning Abullah. I ******* hate Abdullah.
          Haha. It was a low level deal and I don't mind him at strong safety and think he's a solid starter. He played well the first five weeks but then played through an injury before he went on the DL with concussion issues. He's surely better than Johnson and Sanford, which isn't saying much. Obviously it's far from a perfect fit for filling that hole, but I felt that it's better than what the other options were.

sig by BK and avy by me
          Originally posted by A Perfect Score
          If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.

Comment

• sig by fenikz
            Originally posted by ImBrotherCain
            You are just a terrible person.
            Originally posted by bigbluedefense
            I have an iPhone.

Comment

• Vikings waived TE Allen Reisner today in order to make room on the roster for Jerome Simpson.

sig by BK and avy by me
              If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.

Comment

• Doesn't mean you chalk them up to losses.

Bonekrusher.

Originally posted by JordanTaber
                Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.

Comment

• I'm definitely not, that's a brutal schedule though, you can't deny that. I doubt anyone else has an end of season schedule as tough as that.

Comment

• Also, you're not going to find a more obvious trap game than tomorrow. I hope I'm wrong but I'm pretty nervous. I actually think I'd rather play Locker than Hasselbeck, it seems like veteran QB's like that always do well against us.

Comment

• yeah i'm a bit worried about tomorrow as well. Of course I was worried about the san francisco game as well as the detroit game. So I'm sure that has nothing to do with it.

sig by fenikz
                      Originally posted by ImBrotherCain
                      You are just a terrible person.
                      Originally posted by bigbluedefense
                      I have an iPhone.

Comment

• So looks like we will be playing in London next September according to Adam Schefter.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure

Comment

• Originally posted by The Dynasty View Post
                          So looks like we will be playing in London next September according to Adam Schefter.
                          That was rumored this spring/summer when the new stadium was agreed to be built. They figured that one of the home games would be played there possibly in 2013 and 2014 while the stadium was being built. I'm okay with it since I'm not a season ticket holder or anything like that, but I could see those guys being pissed with losing a game.

EDIT: I hate playing these late games.
                          Last edited by marshallb; 10-14-2012, 01:29 PM.

sig by BK and avy by me

Comment

• Originally posted by marshallb View Post
                            That was rumored this spring/summer when the new stadium was agreed to be built. They figured that one of the home games would be played there possibly in 2013 and 2014 while the stadium was being built. I'm okay with it since I'm not a season ticket holder or anything like that, but I could see those guys being pissed with losing a game.

EDIT: I hate playing these late games.
                            Yeah, I mean it doesnt affect me either because I live in New York but I just hate these games out of the USA. I think they are a waste of time. England is a Soccer and Rugby country.. Most of the people there could care less about our Football.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure

Comment

• Being that I figured that game was over when it was 31-12 I like that we were able to make that a game. Red zone possessions ending in FG's did us in.

Oh and RGIII. Because that dude is really good.

Comment

• I have a feeling RGIII is going to do to a lot of teams what he did to us.

Have to give a lot of props to Everson Griffen for suiting up today.

http://minnesotasportstwentyfourseven.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information