Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The general comment i see everywhere is that Sage is a better, younger of Gus... Everyone was saying the Vikings made a mistake last year in getting Gus. Well, Gus went 8-3 as a starter. I'm not saying he was the best qb in the league, but he did get us in the playoffs. So getting a younger, better version of Gus isn't so bad with me.

What i find funny though is that many people last year said it was mistake for the Vikings not to get Sage for a second round, that he was a good option and that the Vikings should have paid the price asked by the Texans. And now that the Vikings got him for a 4th round pick, people are saying he is not a good option... Oh well, i guess a bad quarter against the Colts can change the percetpion of many people.

Comment

• Vikings | Interested in J. Brown, Saturday?
      Wed, 25 Feb 2009 07:23:55 -0800

Sean Jensen, of the Pioneer Press, reports the Minnesota Vikings could pursue Baltimore Ravens impending free-agent C Jason Brown in free agency. Should the team be unable to land Brown, Indianapolis Colts impending free-agent C Jeff Saturday could be a possibility.
      oh noes!!1! i've been rep raped

Comment

• Jeff Garcia is not ******* Jesus people. He had plenty of his own problems in Tampa Bay.

http://minnesotasportstwentyfourseven.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Agreed, but i feel that he is still a better option than Rosenfels....
          Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
          Thanks jerks, I have an exam tomorrow and reading this lowered my IQ by 14 points. Dicks.

Comment

• Like I stated in the previous Rosenfels thread, I'm not going to start bitching about this right away. I just look at the Chester Taylor, Ben Leber, and Visanthe Shianco pickups. These guys must have a little bit of an idea of what they're doing. I wasn't expecting anything out of Frerotte last year, and he still had an impact for us.

Comment

• Originally posted by russie View Post
              Vikings | Interested in J. Brown, Saturday?
              Wed, 25 Feb 2009 07:23:55 -0800

Sean Jensen, of the Pioneer Press, reports the Minnesota Vikings could pursue Baltimore Ravens impending free-agent C Jason Brown in free agency. Should the team be unable to land Brown, Indianapolis Colts impending free-agent C Jeff Saturday could be a possibility.
              Im still hoping to get Birk back, but I think Saturday would work until maybe Sullivan developed. Jason Brown could be a longer term option if they want to dish out the money for him.

Comment

• Vikings | Tahi receives lowest tender
                Wed, 25 Feb 2009 14:31:52 -0800

Chip Scoggins, of the Minneapolis Star Tribune, reports the Minnesota Vikings have offered restricted free-agent FB Naufahu Tahi the lowest tender, which is a one-year, $1.01 million contract.

Comment

• Originally posted by russie View Post
                  Vikings | Tahi receives lowest tender
                  Wed, 25 Feb 2009 14:31:52 -0800

Chip Scoggins, of the Minneapolis Star Tribune, reports the Minnesota Vikings have offered restricted free-agent FB Naufahu Tahi the lowest tender, which is a one-year, $1.01 million contract.
                  ***...I hate Tahi.
                  SKOL VIKINGS!

Comment

• Originally posted by diehardvikingsfan View Post
                    ***...I hate Tahi.
                    Agreed. I wish that they still had re-signed Richardson last year!
                    Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
                    Thanks jerks, I have an exam tomorrow and reading this lowered my IQ by 14 points. Dicks.

Comment

• Can we finally draft a decent full back?

Comment

• Hell, id be ok with Kliensasser at FB vs Naufahu Tahi, he is crap. For that matter we never should have let Tony Richardson go.

Comment

• i posted a little bit earlier about the vikes possibly going after him, here's a little more

VIKES’ INTEREST IN BROWN COULD MEAN BIRK WON’T BE BACK
                          Posted by Mike Florio on February 26, 2009, 12:40 p.m.
                          Less than 12 hours before the free-agent market opens, veteran Vikings center Matt Birk still isn’t signed.

And with Sean Jensen of the St. Paul Pioneer Press reporting that the Vikings are interested in Ravens center Jason Brown, this could mean that Birk won’t be back.

Jenson writes that, despite recent efforts to work out a new deal with Birk, the 11-year veteran from Harvard isn’t considered a priority.

As reported by Albert Breer of SportingNews.com at the PFT “break glass in case of hamster-related emergency” site, the Ravens have recently informed Brown that he’s not in their plans for 2009.

Comment

• For all yall Viking fans, I got a quick question to ask you guys. We are running an NFL Draft Group mock and I was given control of the Vikings. Anyways, I was offered a trade by the Patriots and I wanted to know what yall thought about it.

They gave us Matt Cassel and there first round pick and I gave the Pats, our first rounder, a 3rd and a 5th.

Basicly we swaped 1st rounders and lost a 3rd rounder as well as a 5th for Matt Cassel. Personally I don't like Cassel but the general view on him is that he is a franchise QB, however I don't think so, but I think he'd be nice in Minnesota because I think he's best suited as a game manager, In Minnesota, he's got the #1 running game, a great o-line and 2 solid WR's in Rice and Berrian, all he's gatta do in manage the game and not turn the ball over, and I think if yall got him, you could make a serious run at the Super Bowl.

Thoughts on the Trade?

Comment

• Originally posted by BmoreBlackByrdz View Post
                              For all yall Viking fans, I got a quick question to ask you guys. We are running an NFL Draft Group mock and I was given control of the Vikings. Anyways, I was offered a trade by the Patriots and I wanted to know what yall thought about it.

They gave us Matt Cassel and there first round pick and I gave the Pats, our first rounder, a 3rd and a 5th.

Basicly we swaped 1st rounders and lost a 3rd rounder as well as a 5th for Matt Cassel. Personally I don't like Cassel but the general view on him is that he is a franchise QB, however I don't think so, but I think he'd be nice in Minnesota because I think he's best suited as a game manager, In Minnesota, he's got the #1 running game, a great o-line and 2 solid WR's in Rice and Berrian, all he's gatta do in manage the game and not turn the ball over, and I think if yall got him, you could make a serious run at the Super Bowl.

Thoughts on the Trade?
                              Well Uh If that happen I would not be a happy Viking Fan. At right now I don't like Cassel I know if the past I have like the thought of him being in Minnesota but He is too much of a risk for all that. Plus getting Sage it would be a waste to do that trade so I wouldn't do it personally.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure

Comment

• Personally, I'd take the 26 year old Cassel over the 30 year Rosenfels anyday. Sage turns the ball over way too much if you ask me. Plus Cassel has got more potential. In your offense, you just need a "game manager" and let the run game and defense take care of the rest. Someone who can convert on third downs, not turn it over and most of all make the "smart throws" even if it means putting the defense back out onto the field. Sage isn't that type of QB.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information