This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BmoreBlackByrdz View Post
    Personally, I'd take the 26 year old Cassel over the 30 year Rosenfels anyday. Sage turns the ball over way too much if you ask me. Plus Cassel has got more potential. In your offense, you just need a "game manager" and let the run game and defense take care of the rest. Someone who can convert on third downs, not turn it over and most of all make the "smart throws" even if it means putting the defense back out onto the field. Sage isn't that type of QB.
    Well Im just saying the Sage Deal is pretty much done so We have Sage as our QB, He is Minnesota already according to startribune.com so why trade for Cassel when we already traded for him. That's all.
    Last edited by The Dynasty; 02-26-2009, 08:31 PM.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure

Comment

• Originally posted by The Dynasty View Post
      Well Im just saying the Sage Deal is pretty much done so We have Sage as our QB, He is Minnesota already according to startribune.com so why trade for Cassel when we already traded for him. That's all.
      yeah, I see your point, but I wasn't aware of that when I made this trade lol. No worries, its just a little mock :)

Comment

• Mitchell gets 2-year deal from Vikings
        28 minutes ago

EDEN PRAIRIE, Minn. (AP)—The Minnesota Vikings signed defensive end Jayme Mitchell to a two-year deal and also re-signed defensive back Charles Gordon on Thursday.

Both players suffered major leg injuries last season.

Mitchell missed the entire year with a torn ACL. He had three sacks in 2006 and one in 2007, but was in line for an increase in playing time last season after Kenechi Udeze was diagnosed with leukemia.

But Mitchell was injured in the first preseason game and spent the entire season on injured reserve.

Mitchell says his rehab is going well and he hopes to participate in several minicamps before training camp begins at the end of July.

Gordon, who was showing promise as a nickelback and return man, had a gruesome lef ankle injury on a punt return against Green Bay in November.

The Vikings also tendered restricted free agents Fred Evans and Naufahu Tahi. By making qualifying offers, the team reserves the right to match an offer sheet either player signs with another team.

Evans was a regular on the defensive line. He started the final two games of the regular season and the playoff loss to Philadelphia in place of the injured Pat Williams.

Retaining Evans would also help the Vikings should Williams lose his court battle with the NFL over a positive test for a banned diuretic. If Williams does not win the case, he will be suspended for the first four games of next season.

Tahi beat out Thomas Tapeh for the starting fullback job early in the regular season.

Comment

• Vikings | Houshmandzadeh targeting team
          Thu, 26 Feb 2009 22:31:23 -0800

Mike Sando, of ESPN.com, reports free-agent WR T.J. Houshmandzadeh (Bengals) told "NFL Live" Friday, Feb. 27, he told his agent to approach the Minnesota Vikings in free agency.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vikings | Talks with Birk break off
          Thu, 26 Feb 2009 22:00:49 -0800

Rick Serritella, of NFLDraftBible.com, reports the Minnesota Vikings have broken off talks with C Matt Birk now that he is available on the free-agent market.
          oh noes!!1! i've been rep raped

Comment

• Originally posted by russie View Post
            Vikings | Houshmandzadeh targeting team
            Thu, 26 Feb 2009 22:31:23 -0800

Mike Sando, of ESPN.com, reports free-agent WR T.J. Houshmandzadeh (Bengals) told "NFL Live" Friday, Feb. 27, he told his agent to approach the Minnesota Vikings in free agency.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vikings | Talks with Birk break off
            Thu, 26 Feb 2009 22:00:49 -0800

Rick Serritella, of NFLDraftBible.com, reports the Minnesota Vikings have broken off talks with C Matt Birk now that he is available on the free-agent market.

Hmm, Saturday resigned with the Colts, and Jason Brown is rumored to be heading to StL. I wonder how thatll leave us for center.

Comment

• BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

We need Birk
              Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
              Thanks jerks, I have an exam tomorrow and reading this lowered my IQ by 14 points. Dicks.

Comment

• Birk is most likely staying I would have to eat my chilldress hating heart out if we some how landed WHOS YA MAMA. The Sage deal figures more of the same childress thinking hes some kind of qb genius. Hey Genius get a qb smart enough to adible when facing an eleven man front. This doesnt seem that hard to me.

Comment

• yay!!

Vikings | Frerotte waived
                  Fri, 27 Feb 2009 13:17:30 -0800

Judd Zulgad, of the Minneapolis Star Tribune, reports the Minnesota Vikings have waived QB Gus Frerotte.
                  oh noes!!1! i've been rep raped

Comment

• Jim Kleinsasser has agreed to a 3 year deal with the Vikings..Woo.

http://blogs.startribune.com/vikingsblog/?p=2541

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure

Comment

• I'm glad about this... he's a big part of our run game.

Now we need to sign Birk.
                      Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
                      Thanks jerks, I have an exam tomorrow and reading this lowered my IQ by 14 points. Dicks.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Dynasty View Post
                        Jim Kleinsasser has agreed to a 3 year deal with the Vikings..Woo.

http://blogs.startribune.com/vikingsblog/?p=2541

Kleinsausage!

Comment

• Yes! "The Mountain Man" (as my dad calls him) returns!
                          Originally posted by Scott Wright
                          I could also go on a rant about how Uncle Joe from Willky Wonka is a major dick.

Comment

• Rams just signed Jason Brown.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3941101

Im suddenly really nervous about what we are going to do for center next season. I just hope like hell we resign Birk.

Comment

• I really hope you guys get Housh. I really think Sage could be the answer.....
                              Originally posted by 49erNation85
                              I dunno even half of those guys why did we sign them jeez.

Comment

• Woo! Saucey is back! Yes I hope we do get Housh. He would be an amazing target for Sage Rosenfels, even though I didn't really agree with the trade. Rosenfels will also help Rice, who is a big Redzone target. But why am I saying all this **** when you already know it?

GET BIRK BACK

sig by fenikz
                                Originally posted by ImBrotherCain
                                You are just a terrible person.
                                Originally posted by bigbluedefense
                                I have an iPhone.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information