X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Houshmandzadeh remains in town
    March 1st, 2009 – 4:31 PM by Judd Zulgad
    Won’t get into too many specifics for security purposes, but free-agent receiver T.J. Houshmandzadeh is definitely going to remain in town for now. He and Vikings executives were just dropped off by the limo of which we have written so frequently today. What we don’t know is if negotiations are completed and Houshmandzadeh has agreed to terms or if talks are going to continue with the Vikings. Houshmandzadeh ended up spending about five-and-a-half hours at Winter Park today. Stay tuned and we’ll stay on it.
    oh noes!!1! i've been rep raped

Comment

• looks like we will have to wait until tomorrow.

A text message to T.J. Houshmandzadeh’s agent asking if he still expects a decision tonight was greeted with a one word response.

“No,” agent Kennard McGuire wrote.

So it looks like a decision likely won’t come until tomorrow. Houshmandzadeh is going to spend the night in the Twin Cities and consider contract offers from the Vikings, Bengals and Seahawks. Presumably there will be an announcement tomorrow.

We’ll keep you posted on anything we hear throughout the night.
      Source:Chip Scoggins Star Tribune

sig by BK and avy by me
      Originally posted by A Perfect Score
      If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.

Comment

• Originally posted by marshallb View Post
        looks like we will have to wait until tomorrow.

Source:Chip Scoggins Star Tribune
        Yeah I saw that, Sort of disappointed but something might change and he could sign..All we can do is speculate.

Also this came out from twincities.com

Hold on...

The agent for T.J. Houshmandzadeh said nothing would happen tonight.

"No decision tonight," agent Kennard McGuire said in a brief email.

All indications are, however, that the Vikings impressed him. Don't be surprised by a big press conference Monday.
        Last edited by The Dynasty; 03-01-2009, 07:06 PM.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure

Comment

• Please God...

sig by fenikz
          Originally posted by ImBrotherCain
          You are just a terrible person.
          Originally posted by bigbluedefense
          I have an iPhone.

Comment

• Originally posted by vikes_29 View Post
            Please God...
            Please Please God. Give me a press conference!

Comment

• Originally posted by hagy34 View Post
              Please Please God. Give me a press conference!
              I agree with that but from what it looks unless he really wants to play for us he will have to take less money. Its rumored to be the Bengals to offer him more than 5 years 35 million and the Seahawks have offered him 3 years 25 million. According to the Star Tribune the vikings might be 2 million less than the Seahawks offer so If it comes to money which usually does I doubt he will be wearing purple but theres always Hope.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure

Comment

• Well I don't think Housh will be a Viking. It sounds like he just wants the most money....something the vikes won't offer

Comment

• REPORT: VIKINGS INTERESTED IN CUTLER
                  Posted by Mike Florio on March 2, 2009, 1:46 p.m.
                  With Broncos quarterback Jay Cutler officially declaring that coach Josh McDaniels is no longer his “BFF,” the question becomes whether the Broncos will resume efforts to trade the disgruntled three-year pass-thrower.

Buried in an item from Mike Klis of the Denver Post is a disclosure that the Lions and the Vikings are interested in Cutler. (Presumably, the Buccaneers are still willing to talk turkey, too.)

The Lions already had been disclosed as a potentially interested team, but the Vikings are the eyebrow-raiser.

Though the Vikings already have traded for, and extended the contract of, quarterback Sage Rosenfels, a Cutler-Sage depth chart would look a lot better to Minnesota fans that the forgettable Tarvaris-Frerotte pairing of 2008 — not to mention the nightmarish Jackson-Holcomb-Bollinger revolving door from the prior season.

The question is whether the Vikes would pull the trigger, and what it would take to get Cutler from Denver. After sending a first-round pick and two third-round picks to Kansas City for defensive end Jared Allen last year, trading away another first-round pick would undermine the team’s ability to continue its effort to develop a nucleus of solid young players.

Then again, a quarterback can play for a long time, and franchise quarterbacks like Cutler rarely are available.

Meanwhile, Rosenfels’ three-year, $9 million deal doesn’t scream out “starter money,” which would give the Vikings the ability to pay Cutler.

And since he’s under contract for at least two more years (we’re assuming that 2011 is voidable), the Vikes would have time to get a long-term deal done, and in the interim would absorb manageable base salaries of $1.03 million and $1.42 million. (That said, there could be bonuses and escalators that drive up those numbers considerably.)

The question is whether the Vikings think they need both a franchise quarterback and a franchise running back. Based on the acquisition of Rosenfels, the answer apparently is, “No.” But with the career of coach Brad Childress hinging on what the team does in 2009, it makes sense to at least explore what it would take to pry Cutler away from the Broncos, especially at a time when Cutler is clamoring to get out.

While Rosenfels could take the Vikings to places they haven’t been in a long, long time, the chances of Cutler getting it done are considerably greater.

I think that i would lose my mind w/ playoff/superbowl expectations.

DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                  Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
                  Thanks jerks, I have an exam tomorrow and reading this lowered my IQ by 14 points. Dicks.

Comment

• The Vikings reportedly have interest in free agent RT Mark Tauscher.

The Vikes have identified right tackle as their biggest need after getting Sage Rosenfels and courting T.J. Houshmandzadeh. Tauscher is coming off late-season ACL surgery, but he's expected to be ready by training camp.
                    Source: Minneapolis Star Tribune

Yay, finally a move I would like to see happen. If we get him and re-sign Birk our o-line looks a lot better.

Comment

• Cutler to Minnesota is almost impossible. No way we could put enough together to pry him away from Denver. Who on earth would Denver start at QB?

Comment

• Originally posted by hagy34 View Post
                        Cutler to Minnesota is almost impossible. No way we could put enough together to pry him away from Denver. Who on earth would Denver start at QB?
                        Sage Rosenfels!

Comment

• I don't care who'd start in Denver....

We would have to give up a lot, but i could be alright with that, especially giving up some draft picks.

I don't really think that it would happen, but just the thought of it is making me salivate!

And i really like the idea of Tauscher at RT
                          Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
                          Thanks jerks, I have an exam tomorrow and reading this lowered my IQ by 14 points. Dicks.

Comment

• well, since housh hasnt made a decision yet(at least not announced as of the time i type this), i hope he doesnt come to minnesota. all he cares about is getting the most money he can, even if it means getting 1 million more and going to a shittty team instead of 1 million less and going to a good team. f him. i say all speed ahead for cutler
                            oh noes!!1! i've been rep raped

Comment

• Originally posted by russie View Post
                              well, since housh hasnt made a decision yet(at least not announced as of the time i type this), i hope he doesnt come to minnesota. all he cares about is getting the most money he can, even if it means getting 1 million more and going to a shittty team instead of 1 million less and going to a good team. f him. i say all speed ahead for cutler
                              Not true, Cincy is actually offering him the most money. He wants to go to the team with the best playoff chances....which is why he'll sign with us.

PM me for sig requests
                              Originally posted by Sean Connery
                              Suck it Trebek!

Comment

• Originally posted by Tobzilla View Post
                                Not true, Cincy is actually offering him the most money. He wants to go to the team with the best playoff chances....which is why he'll sign with us.
                                Expect him Seattle....He's from California, went to Oregon State, and Seattle has enough talent and plays in a weak enough division to be very competitive

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information