X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• http://www.stltoday.com/blogzone/aro...r-his-release/

St. Louis Rams receiver Torry Holt asks for his release

Realizing he no longer fits in the team’s plans, seven-time Pro Bowl wide receiver Torry Holt has asked for his release from the Rams, league sources told the Post-Dispatch on Wednesday.

The Rams have been shopping Holt, 32, on the trade market, but so far there have been no takers. Holt is due a $1.25 million roster bonus on March 17, so it’s unlikely he will be a Ram beyond then.

But with free-agent wide receivers being signed daily around the NFL, and hundreds of millions of dollars already spent six days into free agency, Holt is seeking some closure to his time in St. Louis.

holt is only a year older than doushmanzeduh, any one think the f.o. of the vikes are watching this situation?
    Last edited by russie; 03-04-2009, 07:05 PM.
    oh noes!!1! i've been rep raped

Comment

• Childress quote:

“The Minnesota Vikings thank Matt for all he did for the organization both on and off the field over the past 11 years,” Childress said. “Matt has done a great job and we wanted him to return to the Vikings in ’09, but at this point Matt wanted a change of scenery. We wish him the best and know that he will always be a part of the Vikings family. We look forward to playing Matt this upcoming season at the Metrodome.”

Change of scenery? I really don't think that is the truth. I guess we'll have to wait and see what Birk says.
      Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
      Thanks jerks, I have an exam tomorrow and reading this lowered my IQ by 14 points. Dicks.

Comment

• Adam Caplan, of Scout.com, reports the Baltimore Ravens have signed unrestricted free-agent C Matt Birk (Vikings) to a three-year deal worth $12 million. The contract includes $6 million in guarantees.
        We let him go for 4 million a year? Crap.

Comment

• ******* morons. stupid *****. **** ******* pieces of ****. guh!

sig by fenikz
          Originally posted by ImBrotherCain
          You are just a terrible person.
          Originally posted by bigbluedefense
          I have an iPhone.

Comment

• Originally posted by The_Dude View Post
            As i said in the NFL board, this move is going to piss off a lot of the Vikings fans in MN. Good luck getting public support for a new stadium with moves like this.
            I HIGHLY doubt that support for our new stadium rests on whether or not we resign Matt Birk. I think the economic status of our nation might have a little more to do with that.

I think everyone is overreacting. Sure, we all love Birk; he's a great guy, gives to charity, went to Harvard, yadda yadda yadda. Who cares about that, the fact remains that he's an aging Center who's performance ON THE FIELD has declined significantly over the past few seasons (pro bowl appearances mean nothing). This move reminds me of the way the Patriots run their organization, like a business. Plus, we still have FA and the Draft to improve our offensive line.

I don't know much about Sullivan, but we should trust our scouts and let him have a chance to prove himself. After all, we let Birk have that chance who was a sixth round pick himself.

PM me for sig requests
            Originally posted by Sean Connery
            Suck it Trebek!

Comment

• I'm not saying that losing Birk will be the straw that broke the camel's back when it comes to the stadium. I'm saying that the fan base is getting fed up with this FO and the stupid things that they say and do. Birk is just one of many things that will push the Vikings fan base away from the idea of a new stadium.

Yes, i agree that the bleak economic outlook in this state is the #1 reason why they will not get a publically funded stadium.

Moves like not re-signing Birk, local athlete, will only make matters worse.
              Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
              Thanks jerks, I have an exam tomorrow and reading this lowered my IQ by 14 points. Dicks.

Comment

• Its just hard for me to believe that they have that much faith in Sullivan yet, he has seen no playing time. Im not even sure if he has seen any pre season time either. If I remember right, didnt Birk see spot duty due to Jeff Christy being injured? So now Im really thinking Max Unger with our first pick. He can play center if needed and would also add depth on the line or maybe start on the right side if we fail to land Mark Tauscher.
                Last edited by General Zod; 03-05-2009, 07:59 AM.

Comment

• Where did Sullivan play college ball. +rep when you figure it out since i'm too lazy to find it myself.

sig by fenikz
                  Originally posted by ImBrotherCain
                  You are just a terrible person.
                  Originally posted by bigbluedefense
                  I have an iPhone.

Comment

• Originally posted by vikes_29 View Post
                    Where did Sullivan play college ball. +rep when you figure it out since i'm too lazy to find it myself.
                    Notre Dame

sig by BK and avy by me
                    Originally posted by A Perfect Score
                    If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tobzilla View Post

I think everyone is overreacting. Sure, we all love Birk; he's a great guy, gives to charity, went to Harvard, yadda yadda yadda. Who cares about that, the fact remains that he's an aging Center who's performance ON THE FIELD has declined significantly over the past few seasons (pro bowl appearances mean nothing). This move reminds me of the way the Patriots run their organization, like a business. Plus, we still have FA and the Draft to improve our offensive line.
                      The bottom line for me is that we just got worse at the center position. We are supposed to be adding better players, not losing them.

Comment

• Originally posted by FuzzyGopher View Post
                        The bottom line for me is that we just got worse at the center position. We are supposed to be adding better players, not losing them.
                        Or you could say that we've gotten younger while saving money for future endeavors. C'mon, we'll be fine without Birk. This is the NFL, anyone is replaceable.

PM me for sig requests
                        Originally posted by Sean Connery
                        Suck it Trebek!

Comment

• Somebody posted above about Holt. I think that Holt would be an OK fit here if he wanted to play for small contract. I read somewhere that he thinks he could get Coles money ($28 over 4?). I believe that is too much. If wanted to come here for a couple million per year over two years or so I wouldn't mind. I just don't see that happening though. We really need to have a sound draft with the lack of moves we've made. Our 1st round pick almost has to be an offensive lineman now.

Comment

• more to add to our weak off season:

Vikings | Paymah expected to visit
                            Thu, 05 Mar 2009 15:41:03 -0800

Sean Jensen, of the St. Paul Pioneer Press, reports the Minnesota Vikings are expected to meet with unrestricted free-agent CB Karl Paymah (Broncos) this weekend.

Comment

• Originally posted by russie View Post
                              more to add to our weak off season:

Vikings | Paymah expected to visit
                              Thu, 05 Mar 2009 15:41:03 -0800

Sean Jensen, of the St. Paul Pioneer Press, reports the Minnesota Vikings are expected to meet with unrestricted free-agent CB Karl Paymah (Broncos) this weekend.
                              um, WHO!? lol

Comment

• Originally posted by General Zod View Post
                                um, WHO!? lol
                                just some god damn back up. dickless(sorry, childress) seems content with fixing none of the holes on the team with proven players

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information