Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now is our chance. Trade the whole 2009 draft for Cutler!

Comment

• Originally posted by msealy2 View Post
      I think that getting Paymah will allow them to wait until at least the third round of the draft to help the CB position and focus on other areas; i.e. OT, DT, and WR, in the early rounds.
      I have to agree. I think it comes down to OT or WR at this point unless a great value falls to them. I can't claim to know much about Paymah but from what I've read I'm pretty happy about the signing. He should offer good depth and has upside beyond that, and it looks like he's a contributor on special teams which is clearly an area that needed to be upgraded. Hopefully he and Farwell's return can improve that abysmal unit.

Comment

• Gentalmen...

I had a dream last night that the Vikings were pursuing McNabb. Truth or Fiction?

I'm going nuts...

sig by fenikz
        Originally posted by ImBrotherCain
        You are just a terrible person.
        Originally posted by bigbluedefense
        I have an iPhone.

Comment

• Originally posted by vikes_29 View Post
          Gentalmen...

I had a dream last night that the Vikings were pursuing McNabb. Truth or Fiction?

I'm going nuts...

Fiction

I have a feeling we will be going into the season with Jackson/Rosenfel/Booty at QB.

Childress will once again give T-Jack every chance to start at QB.

And hopefully will lead to the firing of him.

Comment

• Well I heard the Bengals have signed Tahi to an offer sheet. Im thinking since Tahi is one of "Childress's guys" That we match the offer.

Comment

• Hey everyone wish DJP a happy birthday.

sig by fenikz
              Originally posted by ImBrotherCain
              You are just a terrible person.
              Originally posted by bigbluedefense
              I have an iPhone.

Comment

• Vikings sign starting CB Griffin to contract extension

NFL.com Wire Reports

The Minnesota Vikings have signed cornerback Cedric Griffin to a contract extension, the team announced on Friday. Terms of the extension were not disclosed.

"We are glad to have Cedric as our right cornerback going forward," said Vikings coach Brad Childress. "He is an aggressive, physical, contact football player, whose best football is in front of him."

Griffin, a second-round pick in 2006 out of Texas, has played a major role in providing run support from the secondary and helping establish the Vikings as the NFL's top run defense in each of the last three seasons. He has started 38 of the 46 games he has played in with 223 total tackles, 170 solo tackles, three interceptions, 42 passes defensed and sseven forced fumbles in his career.

The fourth-year veteran is coming off a career season in 2008, when he led the Vikings secondary and ranked second on the team with 91 tackles, had 14 passes defensed, four forced fumbles and one interception. He also recorded five solo tackles and had an interception in the Vikings' playoff game against Philadelphia.

Comment

• Originally posted by General Zod View Post
                  Vikings sign starting CB Griffin to contract extension

NFL.com Wire Reports

The Minnesota Vikings have signed cornerback Cedric Griffin to a contract extension, the team announced on Friday. Terms of the extension were not disclosed.

"We are glad to have Cedric as our right cornerback going forward," said Vikings coach Brad Childress. "He is an aggressive, physical, contact football player, whose best football is in front of him."

Griffin, a second-round pick in 2006 out of Texas, has played a major role in providing run support from the secondary and helping establish the Vikings as the NFL's top run defense in each of the last three seasons. He has started 38 of the 46 games he has played in with 223 total tackles, 170 solo tackles, three interceptions, 42 passes defensed and sseven forced fumbles in his career.

The fourth-year veteran is coming off a career season in 2008, when he led the Vikings secondary and ranked second on the team with 91 tackles, had 14 passes defensed, four forced fumbles and one interception. He also recorded five solo tackles and had an interception in the Vikings' playoff game against Philadelphia.
                  Yeah I just saw this on rotoworld.com but I feel that we should have focused on Winfield..He becomes a Free Agent after this season and with the year he had last year we should have got him to sign an extension rather than Griffin.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure

Comment

• http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/...t-for-vikings/

WINFIELD NEXT FOR VIKINGS?
                    Posted by Mike Florio on March 20, 2009, 9:14 p.m.
                    With starting cornerback Cedric Griffin signed to a contract extension, the next target for the Vikings could be cornerback Antoine Winfield, whose six-year deal expires after the coming season.

According to Sean Jensen of the St. Paul Pioneer Press, Winfield hopes to get something done sooner rather than later.

“I want to finish my career with the Vikings,” Winfield said. “The last five years, I’ve been in Minnesota, and I love my teammates. My kids like their friends and the school system.”

(Uh-oh. The Vikes already are calculating the Matt Birk “hometown discount.”)

“I definitely want to end my career in Minnesota, so hopefully we’ll get something done sometime this year, so we can make that happen,” Winfield said.

Another factor working against Winfield is that he’ll be 32 in June.

“Everyone wants to talk about that age,” said Winfield. “But it’s about production. If I’m producing like a 23- or 24-year-old, I deserve to get paid like that.”

Winfield, who made it to his first Pro Bowl after the 2008 season, says he won’t be skipping offseason workouts in order to prove a point.

“I had a great season and I’m definitely planning to do everything I did last year, like all the OTAs and minicamps,” Winfield said. “Hopefully, I can duplicate the things I did last year"

Well, hopefully Florio is right on this one. I still think that signing Winfield as a FA was one of the best moves that this organization has made in free agency.

According to Star Trib, the Griffin deal is 3 years. The guy can tackle, but the problem is that he's tackling guys because they catch the ball in the 8-yard cushion that he has to give everyone. Hopefully he can step it up on the coverage a bit....
                    Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
                    Thanks jerks, I have an exam tomorrow and reading this lowered my IQ by 14 points. Dicks.

Comment

• GM Smith confirms trying to deal Kassim Osgood.

http://www3.signonsandiego.com/stori...2532/?chargers

I think this guy would be worth a late pick for us. He could give our special teams unit a kick in the ass since he is a 2 time special teams pro bowler. Id be ok with giving up our 4th round pick or later.

Comment

• I agree. That is exactly what i was thinking when i saw that. Do it.
                        Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
                        Thanks jerks, I have an exam tomorrow and reading this lowered my IQ by 14 points. Dicks.

Comment

• we dont have our fourth anymore, that went for sage rosenfail. it would have to be for a fifth or later
                          oh noes!!1! i've been rep raped

Comment

• Originally posted by russie View Post
                            we dont have our fourth anymore, that went for sage rosenfail. it would have to be for a fifth or later
                            lol

epic rosenFAIL!

Comment

• Yeah, we definitely need to get Winfield signed to something.

http://minnesotasportstwentyfourseven.blogspot.com/

Comment

• they are already on it

Vikings | Have had discussions with Winfield’s agent
                                Sun, 22 Mar 2009 15:46:13 -0700

Sean Jensen, of the Pioneer Press, reports the Minnesota Vikings have had discussions with CB Antoine Winfield's agent, Ashanti Webb, about a long-term deal. Winfield said he wants to be "proactive" rather than wait for free agency. Winfield is entering the last year of his contract.
                                oh noes!!1! i've been rep raped

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information