This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by hagy34 View Post
    It's interesting that we haven't seen anything with the Vikings pursuing THolt. He would seem like a good fit here. I wonder what is making us stay away??
    I really dont know why but Im not upset that we arent. I feel we could get a WR out of the draft that could have more production for us rather than Holt. Also he would be the oldest player on our offense with the age of 32, so maybe we trying to keep young.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure

Comment

• Well the fact that Torry Holt hasn't really been aggresivly pursued by any team yet seems to suggest the entire league views him as having lost a step. I still wouldn't mind the Vikings picking him up though to a 1 year contract similar to what bills gave owens but for a bit less money.

Comment

• Agreed....
        Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
        Thanks jerks, I have an exam tomorrow and reading this lowered my IQ by 14 points. Dicks.

Comment

• Vikings | Udeze not expected to be at start of offseason program
          Tue, 31 Mar 2009 12:23:12 -0700

Judd Zulgad, of the Minneapolis Star Tribune, reports the Minnesota Vikings DE Kenechi Udeze is not expected to be present at the start of the team's offseason program Monday, April 6, because he is trying to earn his college degree.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vikings | Could start extension talks with Peterson
          Tue, 31 Mar 2009 12:19:17 -0700

Judd Zulgad, of the Minneapolis Star Tribune, reports the Minnesota Vikings could begin contact extension talks with RB Adrian Peterson in the coming months. Peterson has three years remaining on his contract.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vikings | Could start extension talks with Taylor
          Tue, 31 Mar 2009 12:17:32 -0700

Judd Zulgad, of the Minneapolis Star Tribune, reports the Minnesota Vikings could begin contact extension talks with RB Chester Taylor in the coming months. Taylor has one year remaining on his contract.

Vikings | Could start extension talks with Greenway
          Tue, 31 Mar 2009 12:17:12 -0700

Judd Zulgad, of the Minneapolis Star Tribune, reports the Minnesota Vikings could begin contact extension talks with LB Chad Greenway in the coming months. Greenway has two years remaining on his contract.

Vikings | Iglesias to visit
          Tue, 31 Mar 2009 10:37:42 -0700

Tim Yotter, of VikingUpdate.com, reports Oklahoma WR Juaquin Iglesias is scheduled to meet with the Minnesota Vikings April 8.
          oh noes!!1! i've been rep raped

Comment

• Would be ecstatic if we could extend those three.

Comment

• The Vikings may have not been very active in the Free Agent market this year. But if they can Sign Adrian Peterson, Chad Greenway, and Chester Taylor to extension that would be great.

Comment

• Agreed....
                Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
                Thanks jerks, I have an exam tomorrow and reading this lowered my IQ by 14 points. Dicks.

Comment

• Originally posted by russie View Post
                  Vikings | Udeze not expected to be at start of offseason program
                  Tue, 31 Mar 2009 12:23:12 -0700

Judd Zulgad, of the Minneapolis Star Tribune, reports the Minnesota Vikings DE Kenechi Udeze is not expected to be present at the start of the team's offseason program Monday, April 6, because he is trying to earn his college degree.

Vikings | Could start extension talks with Peterson
                  Tue, 31 Mar 2009 12:19:17 -0700

Judd Zulgad, of the Minneapolis Star Tribune, reports the Minnesota Vikings could begin contact extension talks with RB Adrian Peterson in the coming months. Peterson has three years remaining on his contract.

Vikings | Could start extension talks with Taylor
                  Tue, 31 Mar 2009 12:17:32 -0700

Judd Zulgad, of the Minneapolis Star Tribune, reports the Minnesota Vikings could begin contact extension talks with RB Chester Taylor in the coming months. Taylor has one year remaining on his contract.

Vikings | Could start extension talks with Greenway
                  Tue, 31 Mar 2009 12:17:12 -0700

Judd Zulgad, of the Minneapolis Star Tribune, reports the Minnesota Vikings could begin contact extension talks with LB Chad Greenway in the coming months. Greenway has two years remaining on his contract.

Vikings | Iglesias to visit
                  Tue, 31 Mar 2009 10:37:42 -0700

Tim Yotter, of VikingUpdate.com, reports Oklahoma WR Juaquin Iglesias is scheduled to meet with the Minnesota Vikings April 8.

This would make me **** kittens with happiness. Also I like Iglesias, wouldnt mind grabbing him with our 3rd if he was there.

Comment

• [rant]

GOD DAMMIT!!!

this off season the bears have signed not one, but two tackles to try to fill the voids, and have traded for one of the better, younger qbs in the league, mean while the only thing the vikes have done is waste a pick trading for sagefuckingrosenfail.

emo crybaby ***** or not, cutler is now the best qb in the division, the bears have a decent(but aging) defense, a solid runningback, and a threat to take the ball to the house on every kickoff. when the offseason started, the vikes were ahead of the other teams in the north; with their lack of effort and ambition, they are starting to fall to the wayside.

the vikes were a solid qb away from doing big things. a young, solid, probowl qb becomes available, and they sit on their ******* asses.

[/rant]

Comment

[rant]

the vikes were a solid qb away from doing big things. a young, solid, probowl qb becomes available, and they sit on their ******* asses.

[/rant]
                      You may be right but here are the terms of the deal:
                      __
                      Broncos get Orton, two first-rounders, and a third-rounder, and the Bears get Cutler and a fifth-rounder. Per the Bears’ official announcement.
                      __
                      That's a whole lot to pay for a QB, even a good one. If he doesn't pan out, the Bears are in deep trouble. I'm not sure i would have wanted the Vikings to pay this much for Cutler.

Comment

• Originally posted by pete_norm View Post
                        You may be right but here are the terms of the deal:
                        __
                        Broncos get Orton, two first-rounders, and a third-rounder, and the Bears get Cutler and a fifth-rounder. Per the Bears’ official announcement.
                        __
                        That's a whole lot to pay for a QB, even a good one. If he doesn't pan out, the Bears are in deep trouble. I'm not sure i would have wanted the Vikings to pay this much for Cutler.
                        Thats exactly what I was thinking. The bears pay a lot and some say he is Proven but I feel like he is not. 17-20 as a Starter with a good offense. Now he is going to a team with a above average if that offense and Aging but good defense. I think he is going to help the bears for sure but talking super bowl with the bears is outrageous.

Im upset that we dont have a stable Franchise QB but Im not upset that we passed on cutler after seeing the King Ransom that they gave up for him.

Comment

• so you guys are comfortable with the pieces of **** we have at qb now? i'm not necessarily pissed we didnt go after cutler, just that we have done nothing to improve, while the notoriusly cheap chicago bears have at least been trying to fill their voids, let alone swinging for the fences with the trade for cutler.

plus we paid a kings ransom for jared allen, who at the time had two dui's on his record

plus i never said the bears were superbowl bound

Comment

so you guys are comfortable with the pieces of **** we have at qb now? i'm not necessarily pissed we didnt go after cutler, just that we have done nothing to improve, while the notoriusly cheap chicago bears have at least been trying to fill their voids, let alone swinging for the fences with the trade for cutler.

plus we paid a kings ransom for jared allen, who at the time had two dui's on his record

First off, No Im not happy with the movements with the Vikings but I have no control over it. Who would be happy with Sage and Tarvaris? Not many people and yes Im a little sick how the Vikings Front Office has handled. All we can do is hope that the players we have can get the job done and also hope that we do something in the draft. Plus next year there will be Jason Campbell and Chad Pennington out on the market, that could get the job done a lot better and for a cheaper price than cutler.

Also yes we played a lot for Jared Allen and that is probably the reason why we didnt go after Cutler because Speilman likes his draft picks.

I know you personally didnt say the bears were superbowl bound, that was about a person on ESPN said. It was not directed towards you.

Whats the worst that can happen? We have an Average season and fire childress?

Comment

so you guys are comfortable with the pieces of **** we have at qb now? i'm not necessarily pissed we didnt go after cutler, just that we have done nothing to improve, while the notoriusly cheap chicago bears have at least been trying to fill their voids, let alone swinging for the fences with the trade for cutler.

Not sure why you'd be upset with the Allen deal. I think that worked out very well for us. Not to mention we haven't done much during free agency but we still have picks in this draft. The Bears now have a QB sure, but no WR's, an aging defense and Oline AND no first round picks until 2011.

In the end we made the right move. We couldn't afford to go without first round picks in '08, '09 and '10. Sage isn't Cutler but we haven't seen what he can do. We should improve the Oline and maybe add another WR early in this draft. Our defense gets EJ back so all in all I really like where we sit. I'd rather have Cutler in Chicago than Detroit and have to watch him throw to Calvin for the next 10 years.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Dynasty View Post
                                Whats the worst that can happen? We have an Average season and fire childress?

yes, that is certainly one of the worst things that can happen. fat pat, winfield, and hutch aint getting any younger. childress gone is good though

Originally posted by hagy34 View Post
                                Not sure why you'd be upset with the Allen deal.

i'm not, certainly dont take that away from it. i love allen on this team. i'm just pointing out that we paid alot for an even bigger risk

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information