This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by russie View Post
    yes, that is certainly one of the worst things that can happen. fat pat, winfield, and hutch aint getting any younger. childress gone is good though
    I dont think we have to worry about Winfield or Hutch just yet. The age that players retire seem to be increasing and they are only going to be 32 this season. So they have atleast 4-5 years left. Doesnt seem like a lot but it is. That is certainly enough time to take this team and build it into a Superbowl Contender seeing how its half way there if not more.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure

Comment

• Originally posted by hagy34 View Post
      Not sure why you'd be upset with the Allen deal. I think that worked out very well for us. Not to mention we haven't done much during free agency but we still have picks in this draft. The Bears now have a QB sure, but no WR's, an aging defense and Oline AND no first round picks until 2011.

In the end we made the right move. We couldn't afford to go without first round picks in '08, '09 and '10. Sage isn't Cutler but we haven't seen what he can do. We should improve the Oline and maybe add another WR early in this draft. Our defense gets EJ back so all in all I really like where we sit. I'd rather have Cutler in Chicago than Detroit and have to watch him throw to Calvin for the next 10 years.
      I wouldn't say they have no WR's, Devin Hester isn't a amazing WR but he is turning out to be a good WR. They also have a guy I loved from last years draft class in Earl Bennet. He didn't do anything last year but most rookie WR's don't do anything. Now since the guy is going to be re-united with the Jay Cutler I wouldn't be surprised to see him have a good year. Than they also have good TE's for cutler to utilize, and Forte is a good pass catcher as well. So while the WR corp may not be amazing Cutler does have a decent amount of weapons to utilize. The Bears are one scary team if their defense can return to form.
      Last edited by Crazy_Chris; 04-03-2009, 03:04 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Crazy_Chris View Post
        I wouldn't say they have no WR's, Devin Hester isn't a amazing WR but he is turning out to be a good WR. They also have a guy I loved from last years draft class in Earl Bennet. He didn't do anything last year but most rookie WR's don't do anything. Now since the guy is going to be re-united with the Jay Cutler I wouldn't be surprised to see him have a good year. Than they also have good TE's for cutler to utilize, and Forte is a good pass catcher as well. So while the WR corp may not be amazing Cutler does have a decent amount of weapons to utilize. The Bears are one scary team if their defense can return to form.
        The problem with this logic is that having their defense is aging. How is it going to return to form without any changes being made? They have huge holes in the secondary, they struggled terribly as a unit last year. The heart and sole of the defense Brian Urlacher is again quickly and was a liability last season. I will also stand by my assessment of their lack of playmakers at the WR position. Hester is speed demon trying to play WR purely because of their lack of options. Bennett showed nothing as a rookie and they really have no one else at that position. The TE's are fine and Forte is very good as well but the playmakers that surround Cutler are half of what he had in Denver. Finally while their QB position is now secure, that wasn't their problem last year. Orton was actually a good player for them last season. The facts remain that they cannot stop the run and no longer intimidate on defense like they used to.

I'm not happy that Cutler is in Chicago but I don't think they are the frontrunners in this division. Simply put the Vikings have the best defense in the division, the best player in the division and the best interior players in the division. Our QB play will decide if we go deep into the playoffs but we should be expected to win this division.

Comment

• I had already planned to be at the Bears/Vikings game in Chicago. Now that Cutler is there I am ever more excited. It will be the first Vikings game I will be attending and it should be a great one.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Dynasty View Post
            Thats exactly what I was thinking. The bears pay a lot and some say he is Proven but I feel like he is not. 17-20 as a Starter with a good offense. Now he is going to a team with a above average if that offense and Aging but good defense. I think he is going to help the bears for sure but talking super bowl with the bears is outrageous.

Im upset that we dont have a stable Franchise QB but Im not upset that we passed on cutler after seeing the King Ransom that they gave up for him.
            That offense was good because of Cutler. You think Eddie Royal was doing **** for him?

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

• Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
              That offense was good because of Cutler. You think Eddie Royal was doing **** for him?
              Is that a trick question? Cuz Eddie Royal was able to do quite a bit of **** last year and I highly doubt one could completely attribute the **** he was able to do, to Cutler.
              SKOL VIKINGS!

Comment

• Vikings | Peterson expected to take part in offseason program
                Sat, 04 Apr 2009 20:25:54 -0700

Sean Jensen, of The Pioneer Press, reports Minnesota Vikings RB Adrian Peterson is expected to be in attendance at the start of the team's offseason program Monday, April 6.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vikings | Negotiations with Winfield continue
                Sat, 04 Apr 2009 20:25:05 -0700

Sean Jensen, of The Pioneer Press, reports Minnesota Vikings CB Antoine Winfield's agent, Ashanti Webb, said talks with the team on a contract extension are moving along. However, Webb wasn't sure if Winfield would join the Vikings for the start of their offseason program Monday, April 6. Webb said things aren't where he would like them to be in the negotiations and they still have a lot of ground to cover to accomplish the extension. Webb was not clear if Winfield's potential absence Monday would be due to negotiations or that he has been on vacation with his family.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                oh noes!!1! i've been rep raped

Comment

• Peterson better show up and we better be working hard to get a Winfield deal done. Spielman was KFAN a couple weeks ago and he was talking about the Vikings working on extending a number of guys and that he hoped to have it done before training camp, I'm sure Winfield was one of them.

Comment

• Just saw on rotoworld that Chester is going to skip workouts and do things on his own in Houston. Interesting...what his plans will be for next year. We certainly should be trying to lock him up

Comment

• Peterson, Childress Disagree Over Weight Gain Plan
                      Posted by Mike Florio on April 8, 2009, 10:49 p.m. EDT
                      Vikings running back Adrian Peterson hopes to gain weight during the offseason; his goal is to bulk up to 230 pounds.

Coach Brad Childress doesn’t seem to be all that enthused about the plan.

“Well, you know what? 230 is awful big,” Childress said Wednesday, according to the Associated Press. “From 17 to 30, just put a 10-pound sack of potatoes on your back and think of how that works for you. . . .

“I think naturally he’ll add good weight as he goes through his career, but I think just adding weight to say, ‘I’m going to get 10 pounds heavier,’ probably doesn’t have a lot of merit to it,” Childress added.

“I’m thinking he’s probably not going to get to 230, nor does he want to be at 230, and I would have no trouble telling him that.”

But Peterson has been talking about it for a while. Most recently, he had this to say: “Before the season starts, I look forward to having my weight up so I’ll be able to see how it is when I run and cut and do things like that.”

So what if he does it and he decides he doesn’t like how it feels?

We’ve got a feeling that Adrian hasn’t thought his plan through to that specific point.

Now, i do not want to agree with the Little General, but the thought of adding weight to AD's frame does concern me a little bit. Will his body be able to handle this increase? Would it increase the probability of injury?
                      Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
                      Thanks jerks, I have an exam tomorrow and reading this lowered my IQ by 14 points. Dicks.

Comment

• Originally posted by The_Dude View Post
                        Peterson, Childress Disagree Over Weight Gain

Now, i do not want to agree with the Little General, but the thought of adding weight to AD's frame does concern me a little bit. Will his body be able to handle this increase? Would it increase the probability of injury?
                        I don't think it's that big of a deal. Players gain weight throughout their careers, even Randy Moss added some mass one offseason and it didn't affect his play. And if he feels like he lost some speed or agility he can easily cut down during training camp before the first game of the season.

Comment

• Kevin Williams Plans To Play, Despite StarCaps Issue
                          Posted by Mike Florio on April 9, 2009, 10:13 a.m.
                          The attack of Vikings defensive tackles Kevin and Pat Williams on their four-game suspensions will culminate in a June 15 trial.

Though the players (the Williamses and three Saints) were able to block implementation of the suspension pending the outcome of the litigation, the decision to allow them to continue to play last season doesn’t mean that they’ll avoid the suspensions entirely.

Still, Kevin Williams is preparing as if he’ll be playing the first four games of the season.

“They set the date, whatever comes out of that comes out of it,” Kevin Williams told Rick Alonzo of the St. Paul Pioneer Press. “But our mind frame is we’ll be ready when the season kicks off.”

But Williams stopped short of expressing optimism that the suspensions will be overturned.

“I just hope the right thing is done,” he said. “That’s all we can do, and we’ll take it from there.”

The case focuses on evidence that the league knew an over-the-counter supplement called “StarCaps” was spiked with Bumetanide, a prescription drug that also is a banned substance, and that the league failed to disclose this information to the players.

The lawsuit challenges the league’s procedure for resolving appeals to discipline imposed against players who test positive for banned substances, even though the union agreed to the system that currently is in place.

The written decision blocking implementation of the suspensions pending the outcome of the lawsuit contained language suggesting that the players face a high burden in order to ultimately prevail. If the lawsuit fails, the suspensions likely would be enforced at the start of the 2009 season — unless the suspensions are blocked pending appeal of the coming decision to a higher court.
                          oh noes!!1! i've been rep raped

Comment

• Personally I see the cutler deal as a good deal only if a win win if the bears end up with both shanahan and cutler next year which something tells me they will.
                            Cutler is far from a finished product and well lets face it Orton and grossman haven exactly blossomed under lovie.

But 2 first rounds and a third round? No way he hasnt got a winning record he hasnt won a play off game, an dhe had better receivers in denver. Id take marshall any day over hester at the wide out position, In fact I feel the bears were kinda of stupid fro cutting hesters touches down on KR and PR. Why would you take your best weapon out of the game.

Denver did a great job of setting their selves up two extra draft picks in the top 3 rounds to acquire defense, An under appreciated qb who is more then adequate, and most likely one of the two teams will end up with a top 15 pick to select a qb next year in what appears to be an equivalent at qb what last year was at DB. Now this all goes to hell in a hand basket if they get stupid and package their two picks to move up.
                            If chicago does get shanahan then viking nation should be worried.
                            As far as signing players Winfield Peterson and greenway should be resigned Taylor seems like a luxury more then a necessity Im not a huge Taylor fan as two runningbacks fumbling too much seems a little excessive.
                            Personally I would like to see the vikes draft go something like this.

1st Oher
                            2nd Unger
                            3rd Pat White
                            5th TE
                            6th CB
                            7th QB preferablly kid from Ball state
                            7th Safety
                            2nd

Comment

• Welcome back Kid... haven't seen you on here for a while.
                              Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
                              Thanks jerks, I have an exam tomorrow and reading this lowered my IQ by 14 points. Dicks.

Comment

• So I've seen in a couple places that the Bills are shopping Roscoe Parrish. What do you guys think about him? I have no idea what it would take to get him but hes a proven playmaker on special teams and could be a good option in the slot.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information