Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This team is not ready for a playoff run at all. We have veterans in there, in their late 20s and 30s, still making stupid mistakes. We can't use the excuse of having young players. I don't even know why I watch this bull **** anymore. Can you honestly see this team even being in the same league as a team like the Cowboys or Saints? We can't even sniff their jocks.

http://minnesotasportstwentyfourseven.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Vikes99ej View Post
      This team is not ready for a playoff run at all. We have veterans in there, in their late 20s and 30s, still making stupid mistakes. We can't use the excuse of having young players. I don't even know why I watch this bull **** anymore. Can you honestly see this team even being in the same league as a team like the Cowboys or Saints? We can't even sniff their jocks.
      I wouldnt put the Saints and Cowboys together in a sentence. Cowboys are better than Saints. I would say the Saints are maybe the 6th team in the conference but No we arent a playoff team. We need a QB, TE, CB, and WR. Pretty much we need a New Coach. Bring in Cowher.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure

Comment

Originally posted by The Dynasty View Post
        I wouldnt put the Saints and Cowboys together in a sentence. Cowboys are better than Saints. I would say the Saints are maybe the 6th team in the conference but No we arent a playoff team. We need a QB, TE, CB, and WR. Pretty much we need a New Coach. Bring in Cowher.
        Or Schottenheimer.

Comment

Originally posted by Vikes99ej View Post
          Or Schottenheimer.
          Either would be better than what we have. If Zygi wants to win he has to realize it goes Coaches then Players. Fire Childress give Frazier or Bevell the job then hire someone at the end of the year.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure

Comment

Forget building a new stadium Zygi, just give the 200m dollars to Jason Garrett.

Comment

a team is only as good as the coach, and clearly our play today is a reflection of Childress, and some of the people he has brought in (stank-o). Berrian needs to learn to catch the ball too. and will someone please tell me how we do not record a single damn sack with the D-Line we have? not to mention collins isn't exactly mike vick. today was a joke. AD looked good as always, but of course we had to abandon the run in the 4th so his numbers are down. I am so frustrated right now it is sickening

Comment

Originally posted by giver17 View Post
                a team is only as good as the coach, and clearly our play today is a reflection of Childress, and some of the people he has brought in (stank-o). Berrian needs to learn to catch the ball too. and will someone please tell me how we do not record a single damn sack with the D-Line we have? not to mention collins isn't exactly mike vick. today was a joke. AD looked good as always, but of course we had to abandon the run in the 4th so his numbers are down. I am so frustrated right now it is sickening
                A lot of Colllins throws were very quick, not to mention our corners cant cover for **** so it doesnt take long for receivers to get open.

Comment

Vikings are playing ok this season, still a tough physically football team but seems Peterson is not running as hard as he did last year and obviously is not getting the long 70 yard TD runs like he had last year which greatly helped the offense.

The defense is playing well, the opposite DE is a clear issue, especially when a guy like Grisby starts a game for you. Disappointed in the safeties, Johnson as a rookie has not impressed me much and Sharper is not making as many plays as he should.

Key thing though, Viking fans we are so used to having a explosive offense that can score at will. And it is quite hard not having that, but we have to know that a good defense is how you make a good team. And against arguably the best team in the NFL in the Titans, we were basically a few mistakes away from winning the game. We gave them the damn ball in their red zone more than once. Be interesting to see how the QB thing goes though especially if Ferotte is injured.

Comment

Originally posted by Ozzy View Post
                    And against arguably the best team in the NFL in the Titans, we were basically a few mistakes away from winning the game.

I don't know how the titans could be considered anywhere near the best team in the NFL. They have beaten a bunch of crappy teams... the vikings included.
                    Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
                    Thanks jerks, I have an exam tomorrow and reading this lowered my IQ by 14 points. Dicks.

Comment

In my humble opinion, this year can only be deemed a success if we can end up getting rid of Childress, shianco, cedric griffin, jackson (out of the starting lineup at least), and ryan cook.

Forget the playoffs, i just want a team that i can be confident in on a weekly basis. That won't happen this year....
                      Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
                      Thanks jerks, I have an exam tomorrow and reading this lowered my IQ by 14 points. Dicks.

Comment

Originally posted by diehardvikingsfan View Post
                        Cedric Griffin is just an awful excuse for a cornerback.
                        I second this.

Comment

Cedric Griffin is just an awful excuse for a cornerback.
                          Are you guys Viking fans? Ok yes it is easy to blame Griffin for the Vikings being poor on defense at times.

However....

Remember the safeties are sure not playing that great, look at how average Johnson is and Sharper is not making as many plays as he usually does.

And I say are you people Viking fans because any real fan would remember the terrible, and I mean TERRIBLE CBs they have had over the years.

I am talking Ramos McDonald, Eric Kelly, Robert Tate, Wasswa Serwanga.

They were at the point where one thought an old and slow Dale Carter and Jimmy Hitchcock where pro bowl corners because one never saw a good CB before....

Honestly is Cedric Griffin worse than McDonald, Tate or Serwanga? Please!

He is a good tackler, gets beat in coverage but can make a big hit and is not the worse CB in the world, if he was a nickle guy he would be great. And there is a reason McCauley, Sapp and Gordon are not taking his place.

Give the kid some time, he is not that bad for a Viking corner, and I again site their past ones!

Comment

yeah, i dont really think Griffin is to blame for everything today. he had a few slip ups for sure, but he had a couple really nice hits and breakups too

Comment

2 words folks.

Ronyell Whitaker.
                              "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

Comment

I've heard enough excuses for this piece of garbage. Cedric Griffin sucks. He sucks with a pass rush and he sucks without a pass rush. He sucks against good receivers and he sucks against bad receivers. Winfield isn't even getting thrown at anymore. Collins just stared down Griffin's receiver, the dominant Justin Gage, and he got burnt all day long. His replacement needs to be either drafted or signed in the offseason because he's pathetic.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information