X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lolololol

http://minnesotasportstwentyfourseven.blogspot.com/

Comment

• I understand the miss playoffs votes from Illinois and Wisconsin buts whats up with Alaska, Rhode Island and New Hampshire. I see my state voted for Lose in the playoffs which I would have to agree with.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure

Comment

• Everyone in Illinois and Wisco must be praying that Favre stays retired. Because he certainly won't make a defending division champion any worse....

Comment

• I didn't think they had internet access in Alaska...

Comment

• Originally posted by FuzzyGopher View Post
            I didn't think they had internet access in Alaska...
            Daryn Colledge's family can probably afford internet in North Pole, AK, and that's probably where the votes came from.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1m718yE9UUk

Sacks or sex?

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
              they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
              Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

• Originally posted by hagy34 View Post
                Anyone who thinks that this team is going to have a worse record with Favre than with Sage or TJack needs to step back for a minute and think. Favre can win you a game. Sage and TJack are attempting to not be the reason you lose.
                Meh. Favre can lose you a game just as easily as Sage or TJ. I kind of agree with you but it's so hard to actually get behind the idea of Favre leading the Vikings.

Overall I have to agree that it can't hurt to give him a shot since it's not taking away reps from the future franchise QB.

Originally posted by The Dynasty View Post
                I understand the miss playoffs votes from Illinois and Wisconsin buts whats up with Alaska, Rhode Island and New Hampshire. I see my state voted for Lose in the playoffs which I would have to agree with.
                RI knows Favre is done. Injured arm, my arse. Tired, old, washed up arm. Please don't do it Chilly. It's not worth it, either way. At worst it does no good. At best it is enough to prevent Chilly from getting the pink slip.

Does anyone really want that?

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs

Comment

• Originally posted by FlyingElvis View Post
                  Meh. Favre can lose you a game just as easily as Sage or TJ. I kind of agree with you but it's so hard to actually get behind the idea of Favre leading the Vikings.

Overall I have to agree that it can't hurt to give him a shot since it's not taking away reps from the future franchise QB.

RI knows Favre is done. Injured arm, my arse. Tired, old, washed up arm. Please don't do it Chilly. It's not worth it, either way. At worst it does no good. At best it is enough to prevent Chilly from getting the pink slip.

Does anyone really want that?
                  No way. At worst it gets Childress fired, at best it makes the Vikings Superbowl contenders. I can deal with that. All of the moves in the offseason so far lead my to believe Childress is desperate and doing whatever it takes to keep his job (Housh, Harvin, Favre, ect.) so I have to think that if Favre is brought in and has a season like last year Childress will be gone.

Comment

• hmmm . . . sorry about that. I flipped those two and didn't even notice it.

Should have read "At best it does no good. At worst it is enough to prevent Chilly from getting the pink slip."

I just don't see Favre being enough to make a SB push. Playoffs - well, got there without him - and I don't think he's got enough to win a playoff game where the team couldn't without him. He hasn't shown the ability to be the difference maker over the last 5 seasons. He had a miracle 07 season where even I was thinking a story book, Favre for SB MVP type ending would be great. That season was the exception. What he did with the Jets and GBay for the 04, 05 and 06 seasons is what he'll bring to Minnesota. No thanks.

EDIT: Even in that great 07 campaign he totally blew it in the playoffs.

IDK . . . as mentioned by Hagy, it's not like Favre would be a downgrade from Sage or Tavaris.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs

Comment

• ESPN says the Vikes are evaluating Favre's X-Rays. If no major surgery is needed, he'll sign.

http://www.myfoxtwincities.com/dpp/s...ray_May_8_2009

Comment

• Elvis,

people aren't expecting Favre to come in here and blow the doors off defenses. I don't need to see a pro bowl type season out of him to see an improvement. What he does bring is the ability to steal a game, which he has. Adding him to this 10-6 team is only a plus. Not to mention he'll have much better weapons around him than in NY. Peterson, Berrian and Harvin is one of the most explosive trios in the entire league.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vikings4ever View Post
                          ESPN says the Vikes are evaluating Favre's X-Rays. If no major surgery is needed, he'll sign.

http://www.myfoxtwincities.com/dpp/s...ray_May_8_2009
                          They also reported just yesterday that he was going to stay retired.

I'll wait until someone real comes out and mentions something about the situation. Not "someone close to the situation" who can't be named cuz they were made up to sound credible and sell news for profit.

I'm waiting until Childress, Favre, or Cook speaks.

Comment

• Is all this Favre drama going to hurt your team? I don't see him helping it frankly because its all about him and his revenge against the Packers. The team takes a back during all of this, we saw how all this has played out so far in Denver and its not a healthy situation for the team

My vote is stay retired, however, agree it would get really interesting in your division should he return. Man he really must hate the Packers Management.

Comment

• Originally posted by B-rand View Post
                              They also reported just yesterday that he was going to stay retired.

I'll wait until someone real comes out and mentions something about the situation. Not "someone close to the situation" who can't be named cuz they were made up to sound credible and sell news for profit.

I'm waiting until Childress, Favre, or Cook speaks.
                              I agree, the Vikings are pretty good about being tight lipped when it comes to stuff like this. They had been talking to the Chiefs about Jared Allen for a month before the media got a hold of the info. It's a slow time of the football season and everyone wants to break the story. Hopefully something will happen in the next few days and all this speculation will stop, unless he actually does sign then it will be at least a year long circus.

Comment

• I really just want this crap to be over. I don't mind if we bring him in but this is getting out of hand.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information