Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good layout of the Williamses case. This came from a different forum, but makes a lot of sense and lays things out in a way that even I can understand it:

"There will be no settlement. The NFL knows that they are wrong on this, and they are pursuing it only to test the strength of their contract. Now, contract law in the US is actually pretty settled on this matter. The Williamses signed a contract for an at will work situation and basically agreed to abide by the NFL's rules. These kinds of contracts are treated differently than the normal type of contracts you see to, say, build a garage. If the garage is shotty or doesn't get built, there is an obvious wrong. An employment contract can't be judged the same way.

There is a big but here, and I'm not talking about Pat's. The contract will generally require both parties to act in good faith. And I think that is where the NFL will fail. On one big point. That is the requirement in the contract that any breach be decided by an independent and unbiased arbiter. The judge has already found that the arbiter was biased, and the NFL didn't really contest that finding. Now, the court can pretty much come up with three different findings.

One. The NFL breached the contract by not having an independent arbiter, there is no case, toss the suit with bias, and the Wall has their legal costs paid by the NFL.

Two. The judge will assume the rule as arbiter and decide that the Wall didn't breach their contract.

Three. The judge will assume the rule as arbiter and decide that the Wall did breach their contract. The Wall is out for four games.

Just following judge Magnuson's rulings and demeanor on this case makes me think that one or two are the most likely outcomes."

Comment

• Originally posted by marshallb View Post
      Fred Evans would be one of them, but I'm not sure who the other would be.
      It amazes me that you guys have failed to address the depth at that position over the last two drafts; Guion is the lone one.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

• Originally posted by princefielder28 View Post
        It amazes me that you guys have failed to address the depth at that position over the last two drafts; Guion is the lone one.
        Yea it is a bit odd they didn't adress it this year. Last year is more understandable after trading away most their picks for Allen. Than trading away another 4th to move up and get Tyrell Johnson, who was more of a need than a depth DT last year.

This year was pretty much the same story bigger needs than DT depth. Although they easily could have addressed it with the 3rd rounder rather than CB depth.

Comment

• Originally posted by Crazy_Chris View Post
          Yea it is a bit odd they didn't adress it this year. Last year is more understandable after trading away most their picks for Allen. Than trading away another 4th to move up and get Tyrell Johnson, who was more of a need than a depth DT last year.

This year was pretty much the same story bigger needs than DT depth. Although they easily could have addressed it with the 3rd rounder rather than CB depth.
          I understand what you're saying, but I'd have rather signed a FA DT to a short deal for this year, rather than drafting a DT. This draft was very weak at DT, but next year's looks to be incredible at DT. There could be as many as 4 DTs that go in the top 10, and even more importantly, about another 8 that could go in the 1st or 2nd round.

sig by BK and avy by me
          Originally posted by A Perfect Score
          If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.

Comment

• I'm watching some crime show and it documents some killer that HAS to be Brad Childress. Uncanny. Dude looks just like him. If they say something about ******** play-calling and awful clock management, we could be onto something.

Comment

• Originally posted by princefielder28 View Post
              Why on earth would that amaze you? We're already getting Vince Wilfork next offseason so our asses are covered.
              SKOL VIKINGS!

Comment

• Originally posted by diehardvikingsfan View Post
                Why on earth would that amaze you? We're already getting Vince Wilfork next offseason so our asses are covered.

LIES!! BLASPHEMER!!

You take that back!

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs

Comment

Wow...The Wilfork and Williams Wall would be even better than the Williams and Williams Wall....but we'd have to come up with a new name

Comment

Yeah right. No way would we be able to tie up the amount of cash Wilfork will want when we are already paying KWill and Jared.

Comment

• Originally posted by hagy34 View Post
                      Yeah right. No way would we be able to tie up the amount of cash Wilfork will want when we are already paying KWill and Jared.
                      Wilfork will be in kC so don't worry :)
                      my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
                      <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
                      <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
                      <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
                      Originally posted by Hermstheman83
                      What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

• Originally posted by hagy34 View Post
                        Also depends on if 2010 is an uncapped year, because I see no way Ziggy ponys up the money Dan Snyder/Jerry Jones would be willing to.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vikings4ever View Post
                          Also depends on if 2010 is an uncapped year, because I see no way Ziggy ponys up the money Dan Snyder/Jerry Jones would be willing to.
                          We'll actually have enough money, we just wouldn't be able to re-sign/sign anyone else. As much as I love Big Vince, I think a team like Tampa is going to be able to offer him huge money as well as the chance to move closer to home.
                          "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

Comment

• Originally posted by FlyingElvis View Post
                            LIES!! BLASPHEMER!!

You take that back!
                            Let me have my dreams dammit!!!
                            SKOL VIKINGS!

Comment

• If anyone was wondering how Percy Harvin looks in the Vikings Uniform here is a picture from the Rookie Photo shoot

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure

Comment

• Stud in the making....

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information